Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just fine with all this stuff they're doing, provided that they literally do not change a single loving thing on the Packers uniforms.

Perfection is not to be hosed with. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Not when the throwbacks are actually better than the new uniforms (seahawks)

And Chargers. poo poo, I still say the powder blue is the best uniform in football.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Statler posted:

For about 99% of the uniforms, I agree. But if the Pats would use the 96 unis for throw backs, I'd be on board. No idea why, but I liked them.

Seriously? God I hated those. The numbers are so horrible, especially with the shadow. The rest of it isn't actually bad, but ...ugh. Those numbers are literally the worst ever. Even worse than the Steve Young 49ers and that crap the Cardinals use.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

But not as funny as a full grown cat with tape on its feet.

Especially when it's scrambling around on a linoleum floor, trying to decide what's more important between finding nonexistent traction and getting the drat tape off :laugh:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, they did exactly what I hoped for (and expected, really) with the Packers uniform. You can't really gently caress with perfection, and it seems they left all the rest of good ones alone as well (see: Giants, Browns, Colts, etc)

Rabid Snake posted:

I never bought a Jersey because they never fitted right. I'm all for snug fit.

Mine all fit me well, but the secret is to get them a size smaller than they tell you so it fits more like a regular t-shirt but I can still comfortably wear it over a thermal shirt when it's cold. It's not like I'm walking around in pads on Sunday and need it to fit over them. All my jerseys are 48/50s.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I really don't get this with the new uniforms:

I asked something about this before but it was in a GDT and promptly buried.

Is that just gratuitous stitching or reinforcement or what? It looks loving horrible. Is it on the premium/whatever jerseys that you can buy?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well yeah, especially since they can hold by facemasks and headlocks and hardly ever get called for it.

ElwoodCuse posted:

and some teams just don't have it at all.

This is the weirdest part, and kinda why I was confused about it - the Packers (thankfully) don't have it, so I was wondering if it was some kind of design option or some crap that a lot of teams "liked" for some inexplicable reason.

I honestly didn't know it had any functional purpose :shobon:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Never get a jersey of a Packer RB... why are you looking at me like that *hides James Starks jersey*

Get a WR instead. Like my super awesome Randall Cobb. (Or do like the Raiders fans do and just say gently caress it and get a Woodson)

• Locked thread