Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005
When I think of gangs, I think of Peyton Manning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I would but I'd probably have to go for a real one cause the knockoffs for his all look weird, at least on the various sites' pictures. Like the nameplate font might be wrong, or just off center, number font is wrong for the AFL throwback ones, and name/number size is all over the place.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Danica! posted:

Thats... Unfortunate.

I bet hope that kid quit.

Fake edit: Who makes these? I mean did someone from Nike actually approve selling this thing to a high school? Is it from another company?
Full story here:
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2012/09/14/a-neon-nightmare-or-clean-and-green-atlantics-new-uniforms-sure-to-divide-opinion/

quote:

The uniforms were donated by Delray 21, a group of community focused business owners in Delray Beach, along with Delray companies The Related Group and Ocean Properties. They were designed by Ryan Boylston of Delray-based Futuristic Woo.

You can check out more Futuristic Woo at Futuristic Woo’s website, Futuristic Woo.com (Woo.)

“We definitely don’t expect these to be loved by everybody,” said Lee Cohen, a Delray attorney and Delray Beach 21′s chairman. “That’s what they should do. Spark conversation. We want to bring these kids the attention they deserve. We want to draw attention and bring excitement to the program. We want to get people talking.”

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ShimSham posted:

I'm glad that they no longer look like the AFC Bears.
...and now they're the AFC Bears (alternate jersey)?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I was checking out the hats again last night and noticed they had some buzzwords the MLB caps didn't have (afaik):

quote:

COOLERA® moisture-wicking technology manages perspiration
DRYERA® technology repels water in inclement weather
Anyone have one and can tell whether it feels any different than their other caps?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TheModernAmerican posted:

If we're doing capchat, is there any way to order a custom hat size? I have a tremendous noggin and new era doesn't make hats that fit me.

I own a Phillies cap but it's for show :smith:
They do custom hats but I didn't check to see if they do monster head sizes, they're MLB only...and $60 I think. And no returns barring manufacturing defects. Checked out whether Mitchell and Ness or some of the others make larger sizes?

I found a hat I wanted last night but now I'm paranoid about capsizing cap sizing.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Grant Eff posted:

I'd suggest you go to the Lids or Hatworld at the local mall. They should carry whatever hat you're looking for, and at the least you should be able to figure out what size you wear. The only hat I've ever ordered online fit perfectly.
I have a New Era hat from a few months back so I know my size, just concerned about the posts above mentioning the size varying in their experience.

MissileWaster posted:

While we're still talking hats, the New Era Cold Weather Collection is up. Most of it is pretty :effort: but the dog-ear 59Fifty looks awesome and I may need to get one.
Yeah I kind of want one too even though I'm in Southern California and wouldn't have a use for it :v:. It would fit in line with thinking I need a Raiders hat for every occasion, been thinking about the bucket hat for days where I'd be outside a lot.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
They highlight Raji in the pic and video...but the Packers didn't change anything did they? Or did they change the cut/fit of the uniforms for the ones that kept their old material?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chimeric posted:

It looks like the tail of the swoosh points towards the back of the jersey on both shoulders... isn't that how it is on the authentic player-worn jerseys as well?
Yeah, although that might've been what he meant by "going the same way" (i.e. could also mean the swoosh isn't flipped, depending how you read it). In the Luck one on the right arm you can't spot the head of the swoosh in either jersey there, like the one on the left showing the front may be a messed up one.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

japtor posted:

I have a New Era hat from a few months back so I know my size, just concerned about the posts above mentioning the size varying in their experience.
Well I got a (non football) hat of the same size and it feels a bit bigger. Noticed the shape is slightly different, so I guess my previous one was a "mid crown" while this one was listed as "high crown", plus the construction/material appears to be different. Guess I'll head into a store and try more styles and sizes out to be sure before buying another one.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Kansas City could use a new uniform to celebrate the upcoming regime change.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

I wish NHL teams had the option to tell Reebok to gently caress off when they did the same thing. It's pretty awesome that 4 teams rejected FLYWIRE (tm) and 5 teams rejected the design completely.
But they're at a competitive disadvantage without the reduced weight and lockdown fit and increased articulation and zoned mesh ventilation :ohdear:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I would like to recommend Nike Dry Fit shorts to anyone who likes to be lazy. These things are the greatest things since Zubaz. Also known as "players sideline short"
Anything special about them beyond any other dri-fit type shorts?
Ain't no dog ear cap :colbert:

Speaking of which I saw a player wearing them a week or two ago, I think on the Redskins. Don't think I've seen those has before or since then.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

*e: haha not diameter, that's just silly :cmon:
Tell that to the Cowboys :colbert:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ybrik posted:

I just got one of the dog eared New ERA caps for my birthday and it is awesome. I think its little bit bigger than my same sized Twins hat but that could be due to them being handmade and not a brand wide problem. Plus if I ever want to make sure its secure I can use my chin strap, so warm :kimchi:
How's that material feel, and does it cover the whole inside or just the flappy part? And is the strap just velcro or a button or something?

...not that I have a reason to get one in Southern California, but uh, there was a cool breeze today :effort:. Might've gotten one by now anyway, if not for the colored NFL logo on the back of all the hats, it should be monochrome on the Raider ones :spergin:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ybrik posted:

After having it for a day I think the real benefit is being able to reenact this whenever you want

Every Sunday :negative:

Edit: hey right when I complain about the NFL logo I find a whole line with monochrome ones:
http://www.lids.com/style/NFL-Jersey-Basic-59FIFTY-Cap

And really dorky faux helmet hats! (But not nearly as dorky as my leatherhead one)
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:182756/sku:68690216/new-era-nfl-pigskin-knit-mens/

japtor fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 10, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Thank you for reminding me of DMC's performance and injury, NFL Shop :negative:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
For the hat wearers, if the initial selection didn't do anything for you, just keep looking around. It seems like there's new variations coming out semi regularly, not all of which show up on New Era's site (...or any one particular store for that matter). Also Amazon tends to have them for significantly less than the usual hat places, if they have the hat you're looking for at least.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Well that's...something.

I'd love to see a few of the NFL teams do that, specifically ones like the Chiefs.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

shyduck posted:

Picked up an Eagles 59/50 yesterday. It took me a while to find one that fits properly, but I managed to.

I also bought a Phillies 59/50, and that one was an eighth bigger (Eagles 7 1/4, Phils 7 3/8), and they fit exactly the same. The lesson here is to avoid buying New Era 59/50 hats online if you can help it.
I was about to post something similar after comparing the new one I got a few days ago with some others. Now I have two 7 3/8ths that range from about right to too big/loose but still wearable (online ordered), and now a 7 1/4 that is...right between them :downs:. I ordered a 7 3/8 too (yay free returns), which turned out bigger than the other big one so that's going back.

I'll probably get my next one in store barring some other random design I really like. Still annoyed I missed out on a Mitchell and Ness one from last year, drat things feel like they go in and out of production too quickly (compared to the standard/main ones which I guess will be around all the time).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Do the letters seem small or is it just something with the camera angle/flat jersey making them look smaller?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Bumpin the thread since it looks like some hats are starting to become clearance items online. Got one of the drifit like training camp hats for $10 and saw others like the draft day caps and some other random styles for $10-15.

Regular Raiders dog ear wasn't one of them though :saddowns:. Got a Dodgers dog ear for $15...and continues my sizing confusion, 7 3/8 and fits perfectly (while my previous hat was massive and had to go with 7 1/4 there).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Was there ever a consensus on the quality of the Limited jerseys (that's the middle tier right)?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/p/3897

I guess that'd be the "Tailored fit designed for movement"...which is also listed under the Limited, while the Elite has "Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit".

Forgot about the teams that didn't change at all, wonder if their Limiteds are bizarro new style versions or something.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

I also think the new Dolphins logo is as good an update as it was gonna get, but the old one is such a classic that pretty much anything looks bad in comparison.
I guess that's how I feel too...well that and it sort of makes me think of a park like Seaworld rather than the football team.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the mid-90's re-design was a really well done upgrade and I like the flag a lot. That being said, creamsicles :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:
I made this a while back for something around here:

Considering how much New Era screws around with logos/colors I'm surprised they haven't just done something like that themselves.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Hazo posted:

Has anyone actually gone back and looked at the amount of holding calls this season and compared them to previous years, since that was ostensibly the point of the NIKETM FLYWIRE TM stuff
Don't forget the LOCKDOWN FIT.

I doubt it made much of a difference as far as holding (since you grab by the pad edges to hold a block), but perhaps it reduced the blatant looking jersey pulling ones.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Good timing on hat chat. I got another one that just came in today, and I think I finally have a sense of what size I should get from now on (taking into account the actual size variability): the one they don't make that would go between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 :doh:. Just a little flex fit to them would keep me from going insane.

As far as designs go I hate a lot of the Raiders ones too. The really annoying thing I've found is that a few of the ones I've liked ended up being snapback only designs. On the plus side they finally made basic one with a black and white (instead of color) NFL logo, but it's exclusive to Lids :wtc:

Edit: y'all got some throwbacks too so at least it's not nothing:
http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Browns-Black-59Fifty-Fitted/dp/B008RU1DWY/
http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Browns-Tone-59Fifty-Fitted/dp/B008RTTGYW/

japtor fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 6, 2013

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Since this is basically the teamwear thread I want to share this. I found the worst hat. Try to find a worse hat.

That sure is...something. At least it looks super busy and is sort of distracting that way.

When I saw this one I just like :wtc:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Wario Kart 64 posted:

You already won.

I was in a footlocker last week and every Browns hat was 50% off. So I guess only a Browns hat could top that garbage Giants hat
Well there seems to be some decent looking Brownie hats at least.

But I think we have a new winner:

And the price for this privilege of showing no particular team loyalty whatsoever? Only $60!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Febreeze posted:

The Vikings are much better about keeping things under wraps than Miami
Unless they're on a boat.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Daaaaamn, that's swanky.

Edit: Can the LA team just steal those? LA: Longshoremen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162620/article/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-their-new-team-uniforms

They look slightly better in this video. Maybe they'll look OK in motion.
Yeah there's actually a gradual fade (or maybe the lighting is just being friendly) instead of...whatever they did with that other helmet:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Aniki posted:

Is it worth getting the Nike limited jerseys over their game jerseys? I don't want to order a Chinese knockoff.
Haven't seen either...but feature wise the big thing is stitched on/embroidered stuff (numbers, name, patches, etc) vs screen printed on. According to this video (Seahawks comparison) pretty much everything else is the same other than flywire. I remember some people saying the fit is weird on the Game ones, and I guess that applies to the Limited ones too. Nike's comparison page lists some other stuff but I don't know how noticeable that stuff is, or how it works with teams like the Raiders which didn't really change uniforms at all.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
While I was getting the new Dolphins and Jags logos for Eliminator I noticed one more thing, did anyone notice that the Vikings logo was tweaked too? Or "EVOLVED" apparently:

quote:

1. Horn Shape: The shape of the horns has been adjusted and the shading in the horns has changed.
2. Horn Base: The base of the horn now resembles the horn on the players’ helmets.
3. Face Detail: Thicker lines have been added to the mustache and face.
4. Vikings Gold: The Vikings Gold is now brighter and less brassy.
5. The Braid: The braid has been shortened, resulting in a reduced logo height.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

The blue jersey looks better I think-- the gradient pulls off a sunset-looking thing.

I kind of like the look of the stepped gradient, better than a smooth one at least.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Gendo posted:

Nike must be stopped.
It has just begun :getin:

(stay the hell away from the Raiders :ohdear:)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

89 posted:

Would TFF be interested in organizing some kind of big order with Christmas jerseys so we all save $20 on shipping?
Count me in if you get enough people.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Looks like there's a forum just for this type of thing :haw:: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-tag-relabeling-finishing/t135018.html
I guess they buy padded envelopes for cheap and ship in those first class for $2-3. Or yeah, just get the $5-6 flat rate stuff.

So what's the recommended sizing with these things (Elite jersey)? I generally wear medium shirts nowadays, but am big enough that some larges are wearable too.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Oops hosed up this post :doh:

(I think there was something here about Game and Limited jerseys possibly having a weird fit to them in the upper body and how the sizing was all inconsistent between Christmas vs NFLShop and Nike themselves.)

japtor fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Was just about to send, one last thing, are you including PayPal fees on your side or are we paying that? ("Goods and Services" vs "Friends or Family")

• Locked thread