Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

troofs posted:

Giants unis would look pretty cool with a matte blue helmet. They should add more blue to the white ones, the white and red with a blue helmet looks kind of weird.

Honestly I just want the giant uniforms to stop being so god damned boring. I know, there's no real mascot, but "Blue with a tiny NY" or "White with a tiny NY" is really loving boring, give us something a little nicer than that if you want me to buy more than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

mmmjstone posted:

There are some teams that shouldn't accent themselves for breast cancer awareness just because the colors are ghastly together.

Or they should go all the way and wear giant pink outfits.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Democrazy posted:

Little known fact: Panthers HATE the letter A.

Lesser known fact: They only hate 1 out of 3 A's, the other two they're pretty ok with.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jelq Swagger posted:

Steelers new throwback via Steelers twitter:

It's a team of BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Things I want from the Giants Uniform:

1) Returning to the GIANTS on the helmets.

2) A throwback with the old school "Giant out of the stadium logo", replacing the Giant with Manningface

3) Replace the loving red uniforms with something less ugly holy poo poo.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

squarerandom posted:

So after a month, I finally got the refund from christmas-jersey or whatever the gently caress that site was, I'm sticking to Tarajersey :colbert:. Ordering the Cowboys Nike Hi Tops next though, so I'll post those whenever, It's like a jersey for your feet!

For anyone who's curious, Yukijersey has the Nikes in now. I ordered my Cruz and will report back when I get it (last one took about 3 weeks, though I'm not home till end of June anyway)

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Alucard posted:

He should really try wearing 2 of them instead of one.

Although there has been some chatter re: the various other places for jerseys (yuki, tara, etc.) has anyone actually received one and can comment on whether they're decent with the revamp? I still haven't found a place that can replicate Panther blue effectively, so I usually end up having to get the real deal when it comes to getting the alternate color scheme.

I got mine from yuki jersey. It's decent quality, but it's obviously fake -- the neck opening stripes are basically painted on and the nfl logo is sewn on fabric.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there a consensus site I should be checking out for cheap jerseys? My buddy was looking at https://www.cheapjerseyswin.net but that looked beyond lovely.

whatjersey.com was recommended earlier in this thread. Any others?

I've had good luck with YukiJersey -- ordered 2 from them, and multiple people I know have ordered from them as well.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The helmet rule:

quote:

“Our Head, Neck, and Spine Committee, chaired by Drs. Hunt Batjer and Richard Ellenbogen, and the Player Safety Advisory Panel, chaired by John Madden and Ronnie Lott, have recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a ‘Throwback’ or ‘Third’ uniform,” the memo from the league office said. “Our office supports this change and has reviewed it with the chairman of our Health and Safety ownership committee, Dr. John York, who concurs with this recommendation.”

quote:

Once players have properly fitted helmets that they’re comfortable wearing, the NFL doesn’t want them changing helmets during the season just for appearances.

An unnamed equipment manager came out later with an interview saying it was due to the older models not being made anymore, and the fear of lawsuits that might come if a player got injured after being forced to use a model of helmet they didn't choose themselves.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9694560/no-break-process-new-nfl-helmets

Interesting fact in that, he says that it's only the shell that he changes -- he actually pulls out all of the pads and parts inside and installs them in the new shell, so it's a very similar helmet to what it was before.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Qwijib0 posted:

yukijersey is now cheapjersey01.com

It's also NewYukiJersey.com I think. Ordered from there a couple times since the shutdown and it's come in good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Febreeze posted:

The LT late 80's era looked great then but I'm not sold on the stripes on the sleeves. They'd look to much like the Bills. They need to put some blue on the away jerseys, though.

Also the Bills should go back to the Jim Kelly era bright red helmets.

I just want them to do this as a throwback. They won't wear the reds. It's been 15 years since the switch, that's long enough to bring out an 80s/90s jersey. Or drop back to the 70s even.

Also, please bring back the GIANTS on the helmet. I will never not love GIANTS. It's what I grew up with.

• Locked thread