Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

littlejoey posted:

Any of those will be fine choices and you'll be able to get groups as long as you don't AT the Paladin all the way to 48.

Paladin needed for endo chants. Without a paladin, endo regent is brutal.

Theurg will be wanted in groups for PBT which in later levels you'll find you can probably go AFK for periods of time and no one will know/care

Sorc will be wanted in groups for PoM and good for CC when tackling groups of mobs in PVE.

Awesome thanks. I'll give each one a go to 20 or so and see how they feel.

I played Mid back in the day so using Uthgard as a chance to see the other realms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

angry muppet posted:

I'm still messing around on live. Kinda playing every realm on and off.

How is it these days?

I've been considering coming back for like 2 weeks but haven't committed yet. I have the game installed but haven't reactivated. I have stuff on mid and hib mostly, and probably the most I'd do is level up something to solo/small man in the 35 bg or just run with whatever I can find on a level 50 in either realm.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

Combo posted:

How is it these days?

I've been considering coming back for like 2 weeks but haven't committed yet. I have the game installed but haven't reactivated. I have stuff on mid and hib mostly, and probably the most I'd do is level up something to solo/small man in the 35 bg or just run with whatever I can find on a level 50 in either realm.

The BGs are pretty active during euro/NA primetime. Leveling up new toons is super fast as long as whatever you're leveling has some kind of damage. A lot of classes are pretty viable to solo too.

50 RvR can be tricky sometimes to get a group, depending on what style of play you want. Hib has a super low population in NA primetime but if you're a bard, druid, or rej warden then you should ge ta group and make some solid rps. Mid I can't really say about getting groups, I only play a stealther at 50. There's a zerg every night, I guess.

Overall, it's probably worth $15 if you have a few hours every other day to play.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

angry muppet posted:

The BGs are pretty active during euro/NA primetime. Leveling up new toons is super fast as long as whatever you're leveling has some kind of damage. A lot of classes are pretty viable to solo too.

50 RvR can be tricky sometimes to get a group, depending on what style of play you want. Hib has a super low population in NA primetime but if you're a bard, druid, or rej warden then you should ge ta group and make some solid rps. Mid I can't really say about getting groups, I only play a stealther at 50. There's a zerg every night, I guess.

Overall, it's probably worth $15 if you have a few hours every other day to play.

So basically sounds like it was a year ago and nothing has changed. Really wanted to play my hib character (eldritch), could never find a group in NA prime time, so I ended up running with the zerg in mid for a few days until that got old.

I still have plenty of fun just loving around on new characters and all but I know I'll flame out in around 2 weeks. Probably will still do it anyway.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

Combo posted:

So basically sounds like it was a year ago and nothing has changed. Really wanted to play my hib character (eldritch), could never find a group in NA prime time, so I ended up running with the zerg in mid for a few days until that got old.

I still have plenty of fun just loving around on new characters and all but I know I'll flame out in around 2 weeks. Probably will still do it anyway.

I wasn't playing a year ago but yeah, from what I understand hib in US primetime has been this way for some time. It's a shame because I'd like to be playing hib right now too but it's really hard to get a group even if you're decent RR.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

I wasn't playing a year ago but yeah, from what I understand hib in US primetime has been this way for some time. It's a shame because I'd like to be playing hib right now too but it's really hard to get a group even if you're decent RR.

You might have to go on post count and idle in the irc they have setup. Usually people looking for dropins for groups. Ita terrible forum / community however so be warned.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

Twlight posted:

You might have to go on post count and idle in the irc they have setup. Usually people looking for dropins for groups. Ita terrible forum / community however so be warned.

The new official discord is quite a bit less toxic than IRC, but even then it can be tricky to land a group if you don't know people. I really only end up playing with people I knew back in the day that are euro.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

The new official discord is quite a bit less toxic than IRC, but even then it can be tricky to land a group if you don't know people. I really only end up playing with people I knew back in the day that are euro.

I didn't know they had a discord. I'll look around for it on PostCount

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I resubbed earlier this week, logged into my characters, redeemed all the free poo poo they're giving out for coming back I guess, and then haven't logged in since. I need to find a character to play in Molvik again I think to get my interest going. Doesn't help that every single one of my characters has been respec'd and I can't remember a lot of the good specs anymore.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

Combo posted:

So I resubbed earlier this week, logged into my characters, redeemed all the free poo poo they're giving out for coming back I guess, and then haven't logged in since. I need to find a character to play in Molvik again I think to get my interest going. Doesn't help that every single one of my characters has been respec'd and I can't remember a lot of the good specs anymore.

Things have changed a lot. A lot of speclines are very different. Best bet is to check out http://sc.excidio.net/charplaner/ and have a look at speclines. You'll notice a lot of tweaks to just about every class depending on how long it's been since you've played.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

If your on alb I can help you with whatever you need

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Twlight posted:

If your on alb I can help you with whatever you need

Its pretty much the only realm I have next to nothing on. I was always a mid player, and I dabbled a little bit with hib to play with the Waffles/goons a few years ago.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

Its pretty much the only realm I have next to nothing on. I was always a mid player, and I dabbled a little bit with hib to play with the Waffles/goons a few years ago.

Whenever are you on usually I can help you run through some stuff and give you some cash to get started on alb.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
Anyone trying out the come back to camelot free month?

It's been pretty insane with huge RP bonuses.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

Anyone trying out the come back to camelot free month?

It's been pretty insane with huge RP bonuses.

Solo action has been really good and the ghost keep stuff has kept it interesting for sure

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

How did stealthers on live pan out after the changes? Not having to juggle a dozen weapons sounded nice.

edit: oh christ how do I spec a Nightshade now there are so many new skills

Phoix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 2, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there still a free thing on live or a trial? Would be interested to see how the game has changed since I last played live in TOA.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
Yeah, there's a free month going on right now. any old accounts in good standing should be open until April 23.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/come-back-camelot-campaign

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

angry muppet posted:

Yeah, there's a free month going on right now. any old accounts in good standing should be open until MAY 23.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/come-back-camelot-campaign

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Can I get a roll call going of who is actually playing Uthgard actively? And what realm?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm still playing Uthgard on Albion. My theurg is almost 50, and I have a 48 minst, both templated. I'm in a great guild of old Guinevere players.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Can I have a bunch of plat?

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Phoix posted:

How did stealthers on live pan out after the changes? Not having to juggle a dozen weapons sounded nice.

edit: oh christ how do I spec a Nightshade now there are so many new skills

Specing 50 stealth is a thing now with free vanish, as well as your poisons.

Here is the hib stealther page on PC: http://www.postcount.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Hibernian-Stealthers

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
How do servers work on live nowadays? Are all the Ywains linked so I don't have to worry about it or do I have to pick one of the numbers? I took advantage of the 30 days for returning players thing out of sheer curiosity but I haven't played since about Trials of Atlantis.

Maybe I should just hit up Origins for the nostalgia and figure out where goons are on it. At least then it's free if I stick around.

Edit: or Uthgard, apparently. Gotta learn my freeshards.

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 9, 2017

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Prism posted:

How do servers work on live nowadays? Are all the Ywains linked so I don't have to worry about it or do I have to pick one of the numbers? I took advantage of the 30 days for returning players thing out of sheer curiosity but I haven't played since about Trials of Atlantis.

Maybe I should just hit up Origins for the nostalgia and figure out where goons are on it. At least then it's free if I stick around.

Edit: or Uthgard, apparently. Gotta learn my freeshards.

its all just a single Ywain, you have a home Ywain ( like Ywain1 or Ywain9 ) all that has to do with is housing. Go talk to the king in your capital city and he'll give you some armor and weapons, play around in a BG and you'll be fine in no time.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Twlight posted:

Specing 50 stealth is a thing now with free vanish, as well as your poisons.

Here is the hib stealther page on PC: http://www.postcount.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Hibernian-Stealthers

One of the things that hurt populations were stealther gank groups hanging out at choke points. There's lots of people that wanted to go out without zerging or doing strictly 8v8, but things got ridiculous. I'd have to run with bard, minstrel, or skald to outrun zergs that would chase us over 2 zones, and then get ganked by 8+ stealthers at milegates, bridges, and docks.

Really wish there had been a way that stealth zerging could be discouraged or punished.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

Kazvall posted:

I'm still playing Uthgard on Albion. My theurg is almost 50, and I have a 48 minst, both templated. I'm in a great guild of old Guinevere players.

Yo, I've finally found some time to start playing. hit me up on steam SINCE YOU REMOVED ME OR SOMETHING

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

nousername posted:

Yo, I've finally found some time to start playing. hit me up on steam SINCE YOU REMOVED ME OR SOMETHING

lol, sorry, sometimes I purge my steam of people I haven't talked to in awhile, nothing personal!

I can get ya into my guild and such.

PriNGLeS posted:

Can I have a bunch of plat?

Maybe if I had some plats, haha.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 10, 2017

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
I'm playing on uthgard - Level 50 infiltrator here (littlejoey).

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Live got a patch. They added a new cash shop currency that makes me think they'll go F2P soon, but the real highlight -

quote:

Behold the end of item-based ablative stacking!

All item-based, single-target ablative spells that were /used or procced have been converted to melee AND magic ablatives. This should cause less ablative stacking overall since the same type of ablative cannot stack with itself (the higher value ablative overwrites the lower).
Item-based ablative have had their values reduced as follows (these are based on current live values):
500+ down to 250.
301-499 down to 200.
201-300 down to 175.
151-200 down to 150.
126-150 down to 125.
90-124 set to 100.
75-89 set to 75.
50-74 set to 50.
35-49 set to 35.
34 and lower set to 25.
All ablative % absorbed values remain untouched. In other words, if a 350 melee-only ablative prior to 1.123 had a 50% damage absorption rate, it will now be a 200 melee and magic ablative with a 50% damage absorption rate.
Pre-existing melee and magic ablatives have also had their values lowered. So Frozen Medal of Honor's ablative /use has been reduced from 500 to 250 too.
Again, this change only affects item-based ablatives. Class, realm ability, and loyalty cloak ablative buffs remain as they are: melee, magic, or melee/magic.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Anyone still playing live? Population isn't great, but it's doable. Currently on alb with nousername (think thats his sa name).

Wanting to try Hib this time around.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've been messing around on Uthgard, but I'm super casual so it's hard to get groups. Anyone else playing on Uth? Don't care what realm.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
that IS my username, and yes we're playing live atm but we'll do any realm.

PREFERRABLY HIB but whatever

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I haven't logged in to Uthgard since Feb, but I have a ranger that I soloed to 32 on hib.

I haven't tried RVR yet. It's on my list to eventually try.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I played uthgard long enough to remind me how terrible vanilla DAoC was without the quality of life fixes. I still hate the timers and /use stuff from last time I tried live. Every couple years I forget how little fun it is for me and try again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Pringles, when do you guys normally play? I tried a couple months ago but lasted like a day because I had nobody to play with. I have characters on hib (eld, ranger, hero, and one other thing I can't remember I think).

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I got a hero to 49 on uthgard, and got kind of bummed at how hard it is to make plat, so I said gently caress it. Leveling actually wasn't too bad. The old way still worked just fine. Make your own groups. Get xp. And last I played 42-50 was super easy, bog zerg groups. It's great xp.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
We're playing after 4pm~ central usually. Depends on what he's doing the next day, but I usually stick around till 10-11pm central and on weekends all day/night

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Had a blast in Cathal Valley today. Made 50-60k rps. Really surprising considering how dead CV usually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

PriNGLeS posted:

Anyone still playing live? Population isn't great, but it's doable. Currently on alb with nousername (think thats his sa name).

Wanting to try Hib this time around.

I just grabbed the 14 day trial if you're playing Live, just looking for something laid back that I dont' have to make a second job, something older that I can play on my downtime on my laptop doesn't hurt as well.

• Locked thread