Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I might be wrong, but Netherworldly Scale Hauberk (ToA-Acuity) is actually the Veil-Touched Hauberk. Don't make the mistake I did and not check before you spend your precious scales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Do not make the mistake in the above post, good luck getting half the value of the scales you just spent on it also.

I did this, but thank god there was a good population and I broke even.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Snaxxor posted:

Do not make the mistake in the above post, good luck getting half the value of the scales you just spent on it also.

I did this, but thank god there was a good population and I broke even.

I can't remember but I think I either gave it away to someone in the guild or sold it to someone in /as for 1p. Much lower than half the value :(

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
I corrected the item name in my post. GearBunny's database has it with the wrong name and I never bothered to fix it. :P

By the way, would any 49+ like to work on the dragon quests this weekend or soon? It would involve killing a bunch of stuff in Sheeroe Hills, killing the Glimmer Prince, and then killing the adolescent dragons. After that, it's a simple matter of killing the 3 big dragons (one from each realm) in a row, though I don't know if we'd attempt that quest right away. Doing this line of quests gets you prepared for the Dragon Myths and Legends quest which has dragon mythirians as a quest reward, and that quest is repeatable.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm down if its on Saturday night or Sunday.

I picking my son up tonight so I won't be on until after he goes to bed, and I'm busy tomorrow during the day, but after that my weekend is free. Can bring either my hero (49 and untemplated, but not for long) or the eld.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

I corrected the item name in my post. GearBunny's database has it with the wrong name and I never bothered to fix it. :P

By the way, would any 49+ like to work on the dragon quests this weekend or soon? It would involve killing a bunch of stuff in Sheeroe Hills, killing the Glimmer Prince, and then killing the adolescent dragons. After that, it's a simple matter of killing the 3 big dragons (one from each realm) in a row, though I don't know if we'd attempt that quest right away. Doing this line of quests gets you prepared for the Dragon Myths and Legends quest which has dragon mythirians as a quest reward, and that quest is repeatable.

gently caress yes. We could do this with like a group. We did Summoners Hall last night, and had a great setup.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I can dredge up a Hib to get in on that.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I'm down for dragon stuff on my 49 druid.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I want to do dragon stuff on my shield champ or my eld.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

ButtaKnife posted:

By the way, would any 49+ like to work on the dragon quests this weekend or soon?
Any times set for the quest runs? I am definitely interested in doing them on Eldritch and buffbot, but have to work tonight. I haven't done them before, though- are there any solo steps that need to be completed beforehand?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

tawal posted:

Any times set for the quest runs? I am definitely interested in doing them on Eldritch and buffbot, but have to work tonight. I haven't done them before, though- are there any solo steps that need to be completed beforehand?

Unless something crazy changes, we'll start this at 2PM Eastern tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 19). We'll meet up in Innis Carthaig (port to Connla then take a wyvern from the Stable Master to Innis). There are no pre-reqs for this raid.

This is what we're working on:
http://darkageofcamelot.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Mythirian_Requirements
My goal is to get through number 4, but we may try 5, depending on how things are going. Bring mana potions or other gear/items you think you may need for the raid.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ButtaKnife posted:

Unless something crazy changes, we'll start this at 2PM Eastern tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 19). We'll meet up in Innis Carthaig (port to Connla then take a wyvern from the Stable Master to Innis). There are no pre-reqs for this raid.

This is what we're working on:
http://darkageofcamelot.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Mythirian_Requirements
My goal is to get through number 4, but we may try 5, depending on how things are going. Bring mana potions or other gear/items you think you may need for the raid.

Just going to bump this real quick because its less than an hour from now

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Somebody mentioned needing a cloudsong earlier today in guild chat and it reminded me of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBVffM8IlM

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

GOON RAIDING

http://i.imgur.com/CkUA8.jpg

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Here are a few more screenshots I took.

http://i.imgur.com/OMPi3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QswG8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NFDbl.jpg

Aborted
Aug 7, 2007

Boba Fatt

Combo posted:

GOON RAIDING

http://i.imgur.com/CkUA8.jpg

So where do you get that UI, I've been using the default UI and its really plain

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Thats probably bobsui. Which is a bunch of other ones jammed together and updated for the current patch. Make sure to run optionschooser in the custom ui directory to customize.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Panda is correct, its bob's minimal UI

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Let's RvR later. Like, a full group.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Let's RvR later. Like, a full group.

Count me in!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm down for that tonight, I don't think I have any other obligations

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Goon RvR highlight of the night: Finding a group of 25+ stealthers.

http://i.imgur.com/jVTIz.jpg

Only picture I got of it but god drat, never seen anything like it. I've seen stealth zergs but that was something else.

I got shot by so many archers all at once :(

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

Goon RvR highlight of the night: Finding a group of 25+ stealthers.

http://i.imgur.com/jVTIz.jpg

Only picture I got of it but god drat, never seen anything like it. I've seen stealth zergs but that was something else.

I got shot by so many archers all at once :(

I'm going to have nightmares about that for weeks. Stealth zergs are usually about 10 or less. That hill was COVERED with Alb scouts. COVERED. Besides the whole dying thing, it was a remarkably surreal experience. The sound produced by the shear number of archers plinking our group was quite interesting. Yikes.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You know, as much as I would have raised my fist in anger like an old man on a porch for being zerged down by Albs yet again, I have to applaud them for getting that many stealthers to actually work together long enough to kill people. Im lucky if I can find 2 or 3 other stealthers that will work together let alone 20 to 30.

Im also sad working this weekend caused me to miss both dragon stuff and RvR. :(

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Man, you guys all sure get to bed on time. Which sucks for someone on the west coast who stays up late.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
I got a few pictures of it too. Pretty insane. I knew Andyn liked to Zerg hard, but I didn't know he zeroed that hard, heh. Wish I could have stuck around, I'm pretty sure if we'd run into them a second time things would be different.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Man, you guys all sure get to bed on time. Which sucks for someone on the west coast who stays up late.

I'm usually up lateish after everyone else logs but because I don't have much to do on my hero or eld except do more glass quests for champ xp, I just screw around on alts, some of which aren't guilded.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I need to find something fun to do when you guys aren't online. Spamming LFG in Crouch is not my idea of a good time.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When I get to 50 on my chanter and mentalist I plan on soloing old content :kiddo:

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
Molvik alts are a nice thing to have. A lot easier to get groups there.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

angry muppet posted:

Molvik alts are a nice thing to have. A lot easier to get groups there.

Thid, Molvik and Cathal Valley seem to always have a decent amount of people in them no matter what time youre on. Plus you dont always need to sit and wait for a full group, easy to just run around as a partial group and still have a good time.

How hard are those frontier quests to kill 5 caravans or whatever? I see they reward scales which is something I need plenty of, so if theyre soloable I know what I can do when nothing else is going on.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Thid, Molvik and Cathal Valley seem to always have a decent amount of people in them no matter what time youre on. Plus you dont always need to sit and wait for a full group, easy to just run around as a partial group and still have a good time.

How hard are those frontier quests to kill 5 caravans or whatever? I see they reward scales which is something I need plenty of, so if theyre soloable I know what I can do when nothing else is going on.

A lot easier if you own an enemy keep. Otherwise, it's really a lot harder.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah solo I think you're asking for it, unfortunately.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Are melee wardens good? Or would I just get told to heal or gently caress off?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Melee wardens end up using ML styles, and they're still on the healer damage table, so the results regardless of what you do aren't going to be amazing probably.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

1 on 1 they rival Friars, shield spec Paladins, and Aug Healers though when it comes to survival through attrition. If you dont mind cruising around with Vamps at 50 hunting stealther hideouts its a fun option.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

34 blunt spec with ML styles all loving day.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

In case anyone's interested, we are thinking about doing either a Darkspire or Galladoria raid this weekend. There may also be another Summoner's Hall raid soon, in addition to more RvR. Good times! :)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I vote Galladoria, but DS is fun, too. We still need to conquer all three dragons, man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Wish I could come but I'm moving this weekend and probably wont be able to attend unless it is later in the day.

• Locked thread