Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I used my 14 free days to reactivate an account from 2005 but I can't actually login. It just tells me my password is invalid even after I've gone through the site to change it. I'm probably just going to have to email support but just in case has anyone else had this issue?

fake edit: and yes I'm changing the password on the DAOC account not the master account. I tried logging in with both just in case, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ButtaKnife posted:

Oh weird. Yeah, email or call them if that's an option. I don't think I've seen that problem before, but with how crazy the account system is now, I'm not really surprised, either.

Yeah, I just realized I can type anything in the "Old Password" box for the DAoC account and it'll let me change it. I guess something broke at some point.

edit: Okay, so just to be clear which account am I supposed to login with? The EA account, the Mythic master account, or the individual DAoC account it lists on the subscription page? I can't find any way to force it to reset the password for the DAoC account and it gives me a generic error when I try to reset the password for the Mythic master account. I can't believe how messy this is.

Phoix fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 1, 2012

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I finally got in by guessing my password from seven years ago. Oh god I don't remember anything about DAoC.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Should I expect to be able to kill anyone leveling a Nightshade in BG's? I don't know if I'm missing something or if my build is bad or what but I just can't damage anyone. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do that would be great.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

madpanda posted:

whats your spec, what targets are you having problems with and are you using bg gear? Also are you max level for the bg?

I've been doing a celt bladeshadefocusing on blades/cd/stealth and I've only lost 1vs1 to orange cons, or sc'd people. Pulled off a few 1v2's also.

Putting more points into CD and realizing that the bounty vendor has more than one page of gear helped a lot. A lot less painful now. :v:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Cnaiur posted:

Thanks, now waiting for account creation confirmation, but I guess their SMTP functionality is not working because of the server hammering.

Just a heads up for anyone else who was waiting on one of these, if you tried to make your account this morning they just manually authed most of the accounts.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Pretty much. If Uthgard chat split off, then this thread would just die a quiet death. A few of us who were still playing live got a little burned from the huge revamp Broadsword just did.

I'm assuming the revamp wasn't great then? I was playing a Mauler right before it hit but burnt out trying to get enough plat to buy all the random ablatives/old event items.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Evernoob posted:

Alb? Hrm why not. It's my least favorite realm but I guess I can give it a go.

I only dread the minimal group exp bonus of Uthgard. I kind of liked the Genesis rule that adding an extra player to your group always increased the exp/hour, even if that player was a total leech and did practically nothing to contribute.

Yeah, I made it to 41 during beta and realized I'd probably not being playing on live. I forgot just how long it used to take to level.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

How did stealthers on live pan out after the changes? Not having to juggle a dozen weapons sounded nice.

edit: oh christ how do I spec a Nightshade now there are so many new skills

Phoix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Live got a patch. They added a new cash shop currency that makes me think they'll go F2P soon, but the real highlight -

quote:

Behold the end of item-based ablative stacking!

All item-based, single-target ablative spells that were /used or procced have been converted to melee AND magic ablatives. This should cause less ablative stacking overall since the same type of ablative cannot stack with itself (the higher value ablative overwrites the lower).
Item-based ablative have had their values reduced as follows (these are based on current live values):
500+ down to 250.
301-499 down to 200.
201-300 down to 175.
151-200 down to 150.
126-150 down to 125.
90-124 set to 100.
75-89 set to 75.
50-74 set to 50.
35-49 set to 35.
34 and lower set to 25.
All ablative % absorbed values remain untouched. In other words, if a 350 melee-only ablative prior to 1.123 had a 50% damage absorption rate, it will now be a 200 melee and magic ablative with a 50% damage absorption rate.
Pre-existing melee and magic ablatives have also had their values lowered. So Frozen Medal of Honor's ablative /use has been reduced from 500 to 250 too.
Again, this change only affects item-based ablatives. Class, realm ability, and loyalty cloak ablative buffs remain as they are: melee, magic, or melee/magic.

• Locked thread