Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

So there is no classic server anymore? Im going to join you guys on hib as a bard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Ralconn posted:

I'm considering resubscribing to this game now that there is some sort of goon presence but I don't know what hib class to play. I really don't have a preference to play style so whatever is needed most I am down to play.

I sort of felt the same way. Maybe we should organize something. I made a bard but would be up for playing any of the core 8 man class's.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

It takes me probably 10 attempts to get onto the server then I seem to get disconnected after about 15 minutes. I guess everyone else is having the same problem or is it my end?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

PriNGLeS posted:

It's the server. It's severely hosed at the moment. Constant reboots, zones freezing, etc. It's being worked on.

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt my end. Im in as Polemarch. Going to try a skald.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

sinewave posted:

I don't get it. It's "up" now and shows 700 some people online. However, it's doing what it always does and fails to load completely. Do you guys have your accounts flagged with special permissions or something to get in?

I think its happening to most people. Same thing happens to me.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

What are people doing to get online? Just hitting play on the launcher over and over? Haven't been able to get on in a few days.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Thanks to the person that offered me a sword for my skald Polemarch. I crashed zoning into the build house and I cant get back in because it says im being logged out.

Thanks though.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah its been bad the past few days. Going to dungeons seems to be the only way to get money and equipment at lower levels.

Also, http://daoc-origins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6443

Lol

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I would be down for a goon guild too. For such a new server, Buris seems to have a bad reputation already.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Kudosx posted:

Would any of you be interested in joining an 8 man rvr group?

So far I think we've got a skald, aug healer, RM, and savage. We could use another healer, or two, and a shaman. We've also got room for another DPS or two.

You can message me on here if you're interested, or on Kudos or Kudoss in game.

If we're able to run 3 healers, we'll probably have the RM go Supp for PBT, and we'll just survive forever.

Are you guys looking for people who are ready to go right now? I made a pac healer but I still need my last few levels and gear. When do you guys play?

I want to 8 man again so badly but I feel like I might not play enough to do anything other than pick ups.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

<I Miss Artifacts>
<M'lady>
<Emain Golf and Country Club>
<Midgard Mathletes>
<Fat with a F>

-edit-

I like Dont Panic

TouchToneDialing fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 5, 2014

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I'll be around all night as Polemarchx if you need someone to help form.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah probably need to add a few. I had two people ask tonight.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

They have done a restart twice now but other than that its been up and lag free

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

boho posted:

I've made it back to Midgard! Troll or Norseman for Skald?

Im a fan of norseman for every class if you plan on doing rvr. Troll is the best stat option though.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I was under the impression that they are just used as interrupts.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

What do bonedancers use as a spec for leveling then solo farming once they are 50?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Tanreall posted:

We need to figure out a day and a time to run our RvR group. I'm west coast but generally anything after 4pm PST (7pm EST) is good for me on weekdays. Weekends are mostly open and I'd like to try and get something going near euro prime so we can get a lot of fights. Post what works best for you. Expect that a guild group will run for at least an hour.

Edit: I'm going to run as a shaman.

Im around the same time. 7pm est weekdays and most of the weekend.

Aug Healer

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

km_ posted:

Is Genesis a shard that closely tries to match what the official servers offer, or does it offer things like bonus XP and/or other bonuses?

Its classic daoc but with faster exp.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Tom Powers posted:

If you're having troubles with Melting the Ice, I'm sorry, I had them myself - but it's ABSOLUTELY worth waiting for. Server freezes during euro primetime lead to missing spawns, but I think there's a daily reboot beforehand, if you can get on early someday, you'll be 50 shortly after. Alternatively, they've been rebooting in the evenings too, some days, due to bugs.

Edit: also, when doing melting the ice- DON'T GROUP. You need exactly 10 kills (step 11) or it messes up, and being in group sometimes leads to extra credit. You can just hit the elementals OUT of group and get 1 full credit.

Give it time - it will be improved. Uthgard will have the same problems.

Whens the last time you did it? It hasnt worked at all in the past few days.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Is there a classic war map that works the same as the new frontier war map?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Melting the Ice is working again. I just did three in a row.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

PriNGLeS posted:

On this server if you fly/speed hack to get relics, then admit it. You only get a 1 week ban. And get to keep the relic.

http://daoc-origins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9257

They already locked it and threatened to ban people for complaining about them not banning a cheater!

Cody posted:

Now, you folks discussing this GM action are in violation of the Code of Conduct as seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1803

"No Moderation Activity Talk: Do not discuss the moderation actions of staff. Do not talk about your (or anyone else's!), warnings, infractions, bans, etc. If you are asked to refrain from a type of behavior by a staff member, please listen: disregarding their instructions can result in another warning or infraction. As always, if you have concerns, please contact a staff member."

So, since you think everyone should be punished to the max....

Nah, we're gonna cut you some slack too. But drop it now please.

Nice work Cody. What a loving idiot.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

After three days of selling nothing on my new merchant and lower prices everyday, I just found out you have to list the merchant for your stuff to show up in searches.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Who was the person that set for http://fafas.lt/status for the Genesis server status? Is it gone for good?

• Locked thread