Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mfny posted:

Ive been trying various classes to get into this and I just cant it seems, combat feels really slow and "off" somehow.. or maybe im missing something ?

If you didn't play this game when it first came out, chances are really good that you won't enjoy it now. To be frank: the combat is dated and clunky and harkens back to an earlier time of Everquest where watching your character swing slowly at something was acceptable gameplay. Things have changed, and growing up with MMOs like WoW does make DAoC seem considerably more slow paced and dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Friars, Valkyries, and Wardens got styles, but none of the others did. Shamans, Druids, and Clerics could all solo pretty well, with Druids being the standouts thanks to their pets. Healers were the odd man out because of the fact that they really lived up to their name. I think they eventually gave them some kind of damage add buff, but it was still just autoattacking things down, and it came with none of the safety of, say, Druid.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ESO just still felt really clunky in places, unfortunately, especially when it came to control responsiveness and visual/UI feedback. It definitely captured the RvR experience better than any game since DAoC, I'll say that much.

• Locked thread