Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
:siren:Uthgard information:
Uthgard is a popular freeshard that is currently in beta but appears to be closing on a full release fairly soon (as of 2016-08-29). Uthgard differs from the official servers by trying to recapture the experience as it was shortly after the first expansion, Shrouded Isles, but before the second expansion that many people hated, Trials of Atlantis. It's based on patch 1.65 and will have the Old Frontiers and the first version of the Realm Abilities, so Group Purge and things like that. The XP grind will be a lot worse than the official servers these days, but it will have the original RvR frontier areas which many people prefer. Some goons are using Discord to organize our Uthgard presence.

What is Dark Age of Camelot?

Dark Age of Camelot is an MMO that was originally released in 2001, which would rightfully be a death sentence for most games. However, Dark Age is still distinguished by its innovative three-way PvP system, which earned it Ten Ton Hammer's "Best PvP Game of the Decade" award even in 2010. This "realm versus realm" system is why you should play this game, because if you know what an MMO is, you are probably already sick of fighting AI or dealing with instanced PvP.

DAoC's realm versus realm (RvR) system pits the realms of Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia against each other in open war. Defenders of these realms fight each other in the frontier lands to win territory, titles, and various stat bonuses.

Also, you can build trebs and catapults and stuff to storm enemy keeps or defend your realm's keeps:

That sounds awesome! Where can I get it?

You can sign up and download the trial at http://darkageofcamelot.com/trial.

Wait, is it free?

If you play on the the official ("Live") servers operated by Broadsword/EA, no. You get a 14-day free trial, after which point it requires a monthly subscription of $15. There is no level cap or limit to what you're able to do with your 14 days, though. All players of all levels are able to compete in RvR, and there are level-specific "battlegrounds" for characters under the max level to get used to the system. There's also nothing stopping a level 1 character from going out into the RvR zone where the max level players roam about, if you're feeling curious.

If you want to go the freeshard route, you will still need to download the game but you won't need a subscription. Uthgard is the most well-known DAoC freeshard.

So how hard is it to get to the max level?

On the official servers, really, really easy. The developers know RvR is the major draw to this game. Thanks to some recently added quests, you can reach level 50 (the maximum XP level) in a weekend. Past level 50, you can continue to accumulate "realm points," which you earn by killing enemy players. You use realm points to train in additional skills beyond what you would get from XP. There are also Champion levels for a little bit of sub-classing.

On freeshards it varies. Soloing is going to be painfully slow in most cases, so find a competent group to get the XP bar moving. On Uthgard, the leveling is roughly targeting the original game's version 1.65, which was in the first expansion era. Leveling is very slow, so definitely group up and be in Discord or some other voice chat with people to BS with.

What if I already played a long time ago? Do I have to start over?

Old characters are still around on the official archived servers. For information on transferring your characters to the current servers and getting back up to speed, visit http://web.archive.org/web/20121020213530/http://camelotvault.ign.com/wiki/index.php/Returning_Players. Instructions for transferring your characters to the main server cluster are here for most servers, and instructions for transferring from the PvP servers are in this post and this post.

If you played on any previous freeshards you're pretty much out of luck. The original Uthgard database was wiped and everyone's starting out fresh there.

Is there any PvE?

Yes, there are non-RvR zones with the usual quests and AI enemies. You won't see as many players in those areas, but they are still fun to explore. Some freeshards limit which zones are available, so your mileage will vary a little.

Are there really no instances?

There are a small number of instanced zones in PvE, but there are no instances in RvR. RvR is one gigantic territory divided up into the three realms' frontier lands. The battlegrounds are smaller versions of the frontier lands.

You keep saying "freeshard" and I have no idea what you mean

"Freeshard" is MMO lingo for a free, unofficial version of an MMO game server. Usually you'd want to stay away from freeshards, but in Dark Age of Camelot, the popular freeshards are emulating past configurations of the game for the sake of nostalgia. Gameplay on these freeshards is very different from gameplay on the official servers. I'm kind of hoping that these freeshards show Broadsword that it'd be worthwhile to set up a classic server.

I just looked at the class abilities on the official server and everything is different from what I remember!

Broadsword (who maintains DAoC after Mythic dissolved) changed a lot of abilities in patch 1.121.

Where can I learn more?

Some helpful links for the official servers:
Guide for New Characters (Hibernia) - Information about Hibernia's classes and races
The old Dark Age of Camelot thread
The Camelot Herald - The official DAoC news source
Dark Age of Camelot Wiki - The official wiki
DAoC boards on PostCount.Net - The most popular (public) Dark Age forums after IGN killed the VNBoards
ZAM - An item/quest database that is still mostly accurate
GearBunny - A template building program
DAoC-Charplan - A character skill planning program

Combo posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_k83Yiy1A

Its a bunch of RvR fundamental stuff...keybinds, targeting, etc. made by an extremely good shaman from the server I used to play on.

Helpful links for Uthgard players:
Uthgard website
Our Discord server for Uthgard

Other games to keep an eye on:
Camelot Unchained - A new, upcoming RvR game from Mark Jacobs, the lead designer and CEO behind DAoC originally

Feel free to chime in if you want to see something added.

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Bishop01 posted:

are all classes pretty viable at this point? I am playing a ranger and will be looking to group and such but I really want to play a class that can run around solo if need be. How are groups and such typically formed in this game? do people keep to there guilds/alliances or is there a recruitment chat channel for rvr..... is the games population healthy enough for frequent RVR fun?

E: also i have literally not played since like 2004, I know people said leveling is vastly increase... should i just follow the initial questing for now?

Most classes are pretty viable, though some are certainly more powerful than others. A ranger will have an easy time in PvE and do okay in RvR, though you'll find that your melee is a bit weak and assassin classes (infiltrators, shadowblades) will eat you alive since everyone seems to run Viper 5 and dumps damage poisons into you until you explode. I'd suggest speccing high in your bow, since sniper is probably the most viable RvR playstyle for archer classes currently.

The fun thing is that with leveling so fast and easy, you can always roll another toon and try a different class if you're not happy with what you have currently.

By the way, Lore and I should be online this evening after work, so look for us in-game by doing /who waffle - we're in the Cult of Nyarlathotep guild.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

angry muppet posted:

For anyone coming back, now is a good time to do it. the 10th anniversary of GOA Europe release just happened and to celebrate there is a 200% XP bonus in classic zones and dungeons. There's also a 200% BP and 125% RP bonus. Runs until the 13th: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/happy-birthday-daoc-eu

I kind of want to play my hibs again but it seems like a real pain to get a group going over there unless you know a core team that includes a bard.

I hear ya on the grouping comment. It's not too bad in our alliance if you don't mind running in our mini-zerg (1-2 groups). They invite anyone willing to go along if they're paying attention to alliance chat.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Bishop01 posted:

Is it just me or are we the bitch ream? we have almost no keeps and no power relics? is this the status quo?

Mid and Hib sometimes trade off being the bitch realm. Alb is the only realm that never really takes a turn at it these days. Hib's frontier is consistently popular, though. I think it's because Mid's frontier is depressing (looks like Wisconsin) and Alb's frontier is boring and full of humanoid NPCs (which is annoying).

Despite that, Hibs can put up a pretty good fight. Our alliance tries to run relic raids often, though the sheer number of Albs makes it hard to actually bring the relics home.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

No, between purge, charge, heavy tanks getting a ton of CC reduction, etc, bomb groups don't really work so well anymore from what I understand.

Bomb groups can still work if they have Static Tempest and TWF, and if the enemy zerg is clumped up nicely. The element of surprise is huge, of course.

In a recent patch Mythic nerfed bainshees because some people decided to revisit the AE bolt bomb group concept. Until it was nerfed, it was pretty awesome to see the killspam when one of those groups hit the Alb zerg. Instant pages of green text. Even after the first nerf one bomb group was able to (basically) single-handedly stop an Alb relic raid.

In case you're wondering how the AE bolt bomb worked, a group with a few bainshees specced for AE bolts would stalk zergs until they had a good chance to AE mez and clump them up - the fun part about Alb zergs is how they all stick one person, so clumping is easy - then the bainshees would bolt from max range. All at once. I wish I could have seen it first-hand.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Rodney Chops posted:

I quit this game years ago when ToA came out. Is it still 'Dark Age of Cast-alot'? My paladin was not good for much more then an endo-bot.

I seem to remember getting absolutley destoryed in RVR near the end with masterlevels and artifacts doing crazy stuff. So do you have to get all the expansions, do all the extras to your template to be competitive?

This game in my opinion has never been matched for PVP on really any scale that comes close. It was just frusterating when expansions set you back so far...

Well, there was a time when tank trains were incredibly lethal. Right now the balance is certainly tipped towards casters in terms of damage and overall utility, though I'm still partial to some good old fashioned melee beatdowns.

As far as being competitive, it's probably the most accessible it has ever been in terms of getting good gear with relative ease. Leveling is easy, money is easy to get, master levels are easy to buy (yep, buy), champion levels are easy with a bit of RvR, and gear is either handed to you pretty much (BGs and quest hubs) or purchased with bounty points, a bit of plat (again money is easy now), or the other in-game currencies (glass and scales). Plus, with a bit of creativity, you can get a good template for cheap and look at upgrading later on to something with more or different toys. Heck, only my nightshade's template is really expensive, but I also enjoy doing some PvE raids so I won some bits of gear from ML10 raids.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Saveron_01 posted:

Me and my friends did not invent the Castershade, but drat we as sure perfected it. How much of a nerf did the Nightshades end up getting?

It was about a 15% nerf to the damage/delve value, which isn't too bad really. Resist pierce still works, so... :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Le0 posted:

Is there still EU and US servers or did they merge everything under the Ywain cluster? Is there enough EU players still?

They're all merged together now with the Ywain cluster. The only separate servers now are Gaheris (PvE) and Mordred (open PvP). The EU player population is still pretty sizable, I'd say.

Relentless posted:

Are wardens still kickin' rad helperbots that are second only to bards for being loved?

Or are they just subpar healers with heavier armor?

Two patches ago wardens had greater heals and spec group heals added to their Regrowth line, so they're now a secondary healer instead of a tertiary healer. Plus, they can still do their melee voodoo with their chants (damage add, celerity melee speed buff, pulsing bladeturn, etc) and groups love their magic resistance buffs. Keep in mind, though, that they hit like a wet noodle with regular styles. Their awesomeness is in their utility. And last, but not least, wardens can get the TWF realm ability, which is badly needed by Hib.

vandalism posted:

I downloaded this and have been messing with the character creator. I made an eldritch and an animist, any opinion on which is the better explosion maker? The turret pets seem kinda cool for pvp, but I remember eldritches having crazy cool void bolts of death. Animists can be celts with cool spiky hair, though :3:

Animists are pretty awesome and can do insane damage if you spec Arb for the bombers, but the bombers can run into pathing issues on the way to their target, so that's best for open field fights. Also, the new moving pets means that Hib gets a bit more interrupting utility. Eldritches are Hib's Swiss Army Knives. They do really good damage in all of the spec lines, though Void is probably the most lacking. Light has a powerful DD spell, AE mez, nearsight, and a insta-AE dex/qui debuff. Mana has PBAoE damage, a snare/DD spell, AE disease (awesome!), insta-AE str/con debuff, and more. Void mainly just has bolts and a couple of magic debuff spells that are nice if you're grouped with one of the few remaining RvR bainshees.

In other words, both classes are fun. :)

Jessant posted:

Made a Vamp called Silm in hopes of some Thid action.

Awesome! Any goons in the guild already can invite you to the guild if you wish. As for Lore and I, we'll be online again this evening after work.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

boho posted:

Are Valewalkers worth anything yet? They were considered largely worthless when I last poked my head in and looked around. How about Mentalists or Enchanters? I never understood where they really "fit" in Hibernia's caster lineup. The only class I've really played on Hibernia was an Eldritch.

I mostly see VWs solo, and they do really well. From what I understand, they're a pretty good class if played well. They do lack melee styles for peeling, though.

Mentalists and enchanters have received love in the last few patches so they're almost on par with elds, I think. Elds probably still have more "utility", but they're all good casters. I've been meaning to roll a mentalism-specced ment for their DD/heal, mez, heal, demez, etc. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Lore and I have some Thid or lower toons that we'll probably dust off soon to join whoever's leveling up. Also, we had talked about doing some power level nights since we could easily get people from 1 to 20+ in hardly any time at all. At least this way if anyone wants to try different classes or something it would be painless.

Edit:

boho posted:

Are there any Cabalist-type casters in a realm other than Albion? I'd rather not be on team zerg if I can help it...

The closest would probably be Enchanters and Spiritmasters, though I would say the cabbie has nicer toys generally.

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 3, 2012

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

SERPUS posted:

Valewalker melee is actually based on peeling. All of their strongest styles are side and back styles.

The real problem, as I understand it, is a lack of snare styles. They get a rear stun, but that's pretty much it for peeling. The positional styles are great for damage, though.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

For Combo, and anyone else who's interested, here's the template my eldritch currently uses. The ML10 robe and pants are the worst items in the template to get, but even those aren't as bad as many alternatives.

GearBunnyX 1.102.0.1 Template Report
Configuration Name : ML10 Stuff3
Character Class : (Hib) Eldritch
Server Type : Normal
Character Level : 50
Race : Lurikeen

Stat Details : Items / Cap

<-- Stats -->
Constitution : 77 / 75
Dexterity : 103 / 101
Intelligence : 110 / 101
Acuity : 110 / 101
Hit Points : 372 / 380

<-- Stat Cap Increases -->
Dexterity Cap : 28 / 26
Acuity Cap : 33 / 26
Power Cap : 10 / 50
Hit Points Cap : 180 / 200

<-- Resists -->
Crush Resist : 30 / 31
Slash Resist : 27 / 26
Thrust Resist : 21 / 26
Heat Resist : 26 / 26
Cold Resist : 21 / 26
Matter Resist : 23 / 26
Energy Resist : 34 / 31
Body Resist : 26 / 26
Spirit Resist : 27 / 26

<-- ToA Bonuses -->
Power Pool % : 35 / 35
Archery/Spell Speed : 13 / 10
Archery/Spell Damage : 10 / 10
Archery/Spell Range : 13 / 10
Spell Pierce : 10 / 10
Spell Duration : 11 / 25
Armor Factor : 19 / 50
Arcane Siphoning : 20 / 25
Buff Enhance : 6 / 25

<-- General Skills -->
All Melee Skills : 2 / 11
All Casting Skills : 12 / 11
Focus:All Lines : 50 / 50

<-- Hibernia Magic -->
Light Magic : 12 / 11
Mana Magic : 12 / 11
Void Magic : 12 / 11

<== Equipment Info ==>

Weapons Equipped : Two Handed ( 2H )
( Chest ) (RoG) : Astral Robe of Virulence
7 Power Pool %
21 Acuity
21 Constitution
3 All Casting Skills
8 Dexterity Cap
4 Spell Speed
4 Spell Damage

(Head) : Dragonslayer Woven Full Helm
22 Constitution
6 Body Resist
6 Energy Resist
6 Matter Resist
40 Hit Points
5 Armor Factor
40 Hit Points Cap
60.7 Utility / 75.7 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 42

( Arms ) (Manual Name) : ML10Temp3
Item Type : Crafted
Hit Points : 76 ( Perfect blood essence jewel )
Dexterity : 16 ( Polished vapor essence jewel )
Heat Resist : 11 ( Faceted heated shielding jewel )
Body Resist : 3 ( Rough dusty shielding jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 40 Hit Points Cap
Gem 1 : 1 Ra , 37 Essence of Life , 10 Giant Blood
Gem 2 : 1 Mon , 21 Essence of Life , 6 Swamp Fog
Gem 3 : 1 Ros , 31 Ground Draconic Scales , 7 Heat From an Unearthly Pyre
Gem 4 : 1 On , 11 Ground Draconic Scales , 3 Undead Ash and Holy Water

(Hands) : Maddening Scalars - Cloth
40 Hit Points
15 Dexterity
15 Acuity
6 Power Pool %
3 Spell Speed
5 Dexterity Cap
5 Acuity Cap
30.0 Utility / 49.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Manual) : 46
( Legs ) (RoG) : Astral Pants of Stellar Warding (Hib Update)
7 Power Pool %
21 Dexterity
2 All Casting Skills
2 All Melee Skills
3 Spell Range
14 Armor Factor
10 Acuity Cap
4 Spell Speed

( Feet ) (Manual Name) : ML10Temp3
Crush Resist : 7 ( Imperfect fiery shielding jewel )
Slash Resist : 7 ( Imperfect watery shielding jewel )
Constitution : 19 ( Faceted earthen essence jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 5 Spell Duration
Gem 1 : 1 Ra , 37 Essence of Life , 10 Giant Blood
Gem 2 : 1 Pal , 21 Ground Draconic Scales , 5 Draconic Fire
Gem 3 : 1 Pal , 21 Ground Draconic Scales , 5 Leviathan Blood
Gem 4 : 1 Ros , 25 Essence of Life , 7 Treant Blood

(Two Hand) : Azure's Folly (ToA)
15 Dexterity
5 Power Pool %
1 Spirit Resist
1 Energy Resist
50 Focus: All Lines
10 Dexterity Cap
10 Acuity Cap
10 Arcane Siphoning
5 Power Cap
4 Spell Damage
14.0 Utility / 48.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 50

(Jewel) : Eriny's Charm
15 Constitution
15 Acuity
40 Hit Points
5 Crush Resist
5 Spirit Resist
5 Energy Resist
5 Spell Range
5 Spell Pierce
60.0 Utility / 65.0 ToA Utility

(Neck) : Public Awareness Necklace (BP Item)
7 Crush Resist
7 Slash Resist
6 Thrust Resist
6 Matter Resist
6 Body Resist
6 Energy Resist
76.0 Utility / 76.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 38

(Cloak) : Glimmer Spirit Cloak
5 Energy Resist
5 Heat Resist
5 Cold Resist
5 Spirit Resist
5 Matter Resist
5 Body Resist
50 Hit Points
50 Hit Points Cap
72.5 Utility / 85.0 ToA Utility

(Belt) : Jacina's Sash
6 Buff Enhance
6 Spell Duration
5 Power Cap
5 Power Pool %
5 Spell Range
5 Spell Pierce
10 Arcane Siphoning
0.0 Utility / 27.0 ToA Utility

(Ring) : Ring of the Azure
15 Dexterity
4 Cold Resist
4 Heat Resist
4 Spirit Resist
50 Hit Points
5 Dexterity Cap
5 Acuity Cap
50 Hit Points Cap
15 Acuity
2 Spell Damage
56.5 Utility / 81.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 49

(Ring) : Dusty Chronomancer's Ring (BP Item)
21 Dexterity
4 All Casting Skills
7 Slash Resist
9 Thrust Resist
2 Spell Speed
66.0 Utility / 68.0 ToA Utility

(Wrist) : Glimmershade Bracer
6 Body Resist
6 Cold Resist
6 Heat Resist
6 Energy Resist
6 Matter Resist
6 Spirit Resist
5 Power Pool %
22 Acuity
86.7 Utility / 91.7 ToA Utility

(Wrist) : Deathshadow Bracer
22 Acuity
3 All Casting Skills
6 Slash Resist
6 Crush Resist
6 Thrust Resist
6 Cold Resist
6 Spirit Resist
3 Acuity Cap
89.7 Utility / 92.7 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 48

<== Total Spellcraft Materials Needed ==>

1 On gem(s)
2 Pal gem(s)
1 Mon gem(s)
2 Ros gem(s)
2 Ra gem(s)

120 Essence of Life
84 Ground Draconic Scales

5 Draconic Fire
20 Giant Blood
7 Heat From an Unearthly Pyre
5 Leviathan Blood
6 Swamp Fog
7 Treant Blood
3 Undead Ash and Holy Water

<== End Report ==>

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

mfny posted:

Anyone want to give me a quick run-down of classes recommended ?

I usually play ranged DPS or heal in MMO's.

I have made some aborted attempts to get into DAOC in the past but found movement and the UI rather clunky compared to more modern MMO's and that has put me off. So a class needing not alot of micromanagement and movement especially in PVP would be good.

I'd suggest starting with a caster class, then. For Hibernia, your best bet would probably to try an Eldritch first, since they're pretty straight-forward. Melee classes require positioning, and some melee styles are even based on position (front, behind, or to the side of your target) so I don't think those are what you're looking for.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Speaking of Steam, the guild that we've hijacked for Goon use has a Steam group. Feel free to join:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CultOfNyarlathotep

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

revenance posted:

Is grinding BGs the quickest way to level? I assume it's not even worth following the class quest?

Either the BG quests or the quest hubs. Both are fast, but the BG gear is slightly better than the quest hub gear.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Responses inline:

Mux posted:

Casters - All hib casters, except the animist, get a 9 second baseline stun at level 45 or 50 (I forget). This is the sole reason hib casters are awesome and not to be underestimated.
The stun helps in some situations, but it's usually purged, your target is immune, or your target has Det 9 and it's pointless.
Enchanter - pbaoe, nukes, pet class, not sure on mezz or stun
They get baseline stun and a single-target root.
Mentalist - some heals, power regen, dots, hots, and single-target mez and demez.
Vamp - cheesemode class, good at everything, even gets charge. mythic has failed to properly nerf this class to where it needs to be in 6 years. probably will never get nerfed.
Er, what? Vamps can do well 1v1, but they lack range and can only bring single-target DPS to a group. Yes, they get charge, but that's really the only thing that makes them groupable. That, and they do more damage than blademasters.
Stealthers
Nightshade - stealh, poisons, dual wield, some instant damage/dot spells, most nightshades go high magic pierce and are stealth casters essentially.
People exaggerate the number of castershades out there. Plus, the real threat from a nightshade, just like the other two assasin classes, is when they get Viper 5, MoM whatever, and 10% resist piercing. People literally melt under assassin poison DPS.

Edit:

Vermain posted:

If you didn't play this game when it first came out, chances are really good that you won't enjoy it now. To be frank: the combat is dated and clunky and harkens back to an earlier time of Everquest where watching your character swing slowly at something was acceptable gameplay. Things have changed, and growing up with MMOs like WoW does make DAoC seem considerably more slow paced and dull.

I think that's only a symptom of dealing with lower level characters, which in any game will not be as interesting as higher level characters. The combat in DAoC is actually much more in-depth than most games once you get past the levels of "target X, swing until dead". Positional styles, reactional styles, and all kinds of goodies await.

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 6, 2012

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

Incorrect. There are realm buffers now, where you buy a token and hand it back to them for full buffs, but you don't get endurance out of it (endurance regen has a range on it now). A played shaman is still pretty rare but they're needed for groups.

Cave shamans get shears, disease, and dots. They're very useful.

Well, most people run with at least blue endo potions now. With Long Wind 1 and blue endo you can perma-sprint. Shammies are still common, though, for shears, disease, DoTs, and Ichor. Annoying little things, that's for sure. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

madpanda posted:

Started messing around with this again recently, will login some time this week for an invite. I actually posted on vnboards and someone from the Cult pm'd me, no idea it was a goon guild.

Have a 24 luri pierce champ and a 50 eld I haven't played since SI days. He might still be wearing old epic pieces.

At least it's not too bad to get caught up with (most) gear and MLs.

Beo posted:

Been having a bit of a daoc itch lately thinking about patching the game.

Only hibs I have are a druid and a vampiir, but I'm leaning toward making a warden. Those dudes any good now?

Yeah, as long as you don't expect them to do a lot of damage. They have tons of utility and can work well alongside a tank train or the druid(s) of a group. Plus, they get TWF, which is always good to have more of. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

boho posted:

So how does a castershade work exactly? I'm thinking about trying one since stealth tends to be solo-friendly.

They're pretty straight-forward. The magic (har har) is all in the template and RAs. Nightshade magic damage is based on Stealth as your skill and Dex as your casting stat, so people run with slightly higher Stealth and try to get Dex as high as possible. For a lurikeen that could even be up to 392 dex. Also, your template should include 10% resist piercing if possible for maximum damage potential. Finally, you'd spec in RAs like MoM and WP.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

concerned mom posted:

Yep. Can't seem to find any of my old chars! Man this site is god awful, the subscription thing doesn't even work! I have to buy a game card so I don't even get 14 free days. It just says an error occurred.

Yeah, the website is pretty much dog droppings. It could actually work if you keep trying. I've hit errors before and just had to refresh or retry to get it to go through.

tawal posted:

I'd been trying to avoid it and focus on SWTOR, but seeing this thread lets me know it is time. Reactivating my main and bot accounts... Not sure if I want to roll an Enchanter to farm first or dive right into Eld, though. Everybody still having fun with the game?

Lore and I are having fun with it, and it seems like many people who are hopping in are having a good time, at least for now. :)

By the way, anyone looking for a bard template might want to check out:
http://www.daoctemplates.net/viewTemplate.php?template=3607 - Pretty good, and not too expensive
(I'll add more as I find them.)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Twlight posted:

Did they make any changes to the ML 10 gear? I assume that you still need to do those raids for the top tier gear at this point....I think it might be time to bring my Mini back from the deep... If anyone needs anything on Albion I should be on as Gnusong.

There haven't been many changes to the ML10 gear, but it depends on when you last played. Noteworthy is that a few patches ago they nerfed Conflag/Illusions a bit so that the pet procs are a bit less deadly.

Also, the cool kids are playing Hib, so you should roll one! :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

madpanda posted:

Do other realms see your torch still?

Yep, your character's face and torso are lit up if your torch is on.

madpanda posted:

Is there a utility or easy way to do qbinds?

Not really. You can use the /qbind command to see your current qbinds and then you can create new ones with /qbind <bar #> <slot #>. For example, you could bind an unused key to activate a spell on Bar 4 Slot 2 by typing /qbind 4 2, pressing Enter, and then pressing the appropriate key. (You probably already know how to do that, but maybe it'll help someone new to qbinds.)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Play Hib, do a /who Cult, then /send whoever is there for a guild invite and you immediately have a support group.

With how addicting the game is once you're RvRing in the BGs or in the frontiers, I think we *need* a support group.

concerned mom posted:

Oh man alive I somehow got carried away and subbed two separate accounts for this month and still haven't found a single character on them other than some low level stuff. I emailed support and it seems my GOA accounts don't even exist (how the hell do I have this many accounts???)

If anyone would like a buffbot account for the month let me know at mattisaac @ gmail . com because I have a busy month and won't be playing a lot, especially at US times.

It's weird that your GOA accounts can't be found. I imagine that they're there, but EA's support is pretty pathetic and they have no idea what they're doing. You should still join us, though! You'll hit 50 in no time.

Kazvall posted:

How hard is it to hold f5 and scroll? I always just made two groundtarget macros. One close to me, and one far away.

Classes that use groundtargets (animists, wardens for TWF, etc.) should definiteky keep some groundtarget macros handy for quick use. In fact, I really should have GT macros on my eldritch for casting Crystal Titans.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

boho posted:

It always takes a second or so of holding F5 to register I'm trying to ground target. And I'm new and have no clue how to make macros, let alone non-intuitive stuff like ground targeting.

Type: /macro GT /groundset 2000

GT = the label for your macro when it's on your quickbar, 2000 = the distance in front of you to set the ground target - modify those as needed for your macros

concerned mom posted:

What's the mentalist damage output like? I always thought it would be a bit bad as they have more utility.

Can you still solo hard content ridiculously easy with a focus enchanter?

Mentalists and Eldritches both have insane utility, just in different ways. They both also can do nice damage. Light spec for Mentalists has a really nice heat DD and an AoE DD, plus charm spells. Mentalism spec gets a nice DD that has a PBAoE heal effect as a bonus, single-target mez, demez, and a heal.

Combo posted:

I don't know about mentalist damage but someone here has one, just can't remember who.

As far as soloing things with a chanter, I think Waffle and his wife solo most everything with a focus pet chanter, mentalist (for power regen, hots) and a bard (heal proc). I think that's their farming group makeup anyway.

When you have a level 50 enchanter with a fully-buffed pet and the highest focus shield, stuff just dies. It's also ridiculous when you toss in the bard with the highest level heal procs and a mana mentalist with the highest level Heal-over-Time spell. The HoT doesn't generate any aggro, so I just spam it on the enchanter pet to keep it alive. It's so broken. :D

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Twlight posted:

I could have sworn they've made changes to the distance and damage of the shade DD's but I'm not 100% sure.

They did nerf the Nightshade DDs by about 15% damage in the last patch, but they're still decent.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

GUIDE FOR NEW CHARACTERS (Hibernia)

Long overdue, but here goes!

Disclaimer: These are general guidelines for creating a new character. You can mess with the stats and gear for most races or classes to get a combination that fares better, so don't let me stop you from making a Shar Mentalist if that's what you're really set on.

CLASSES
Often, the first choice that you'll make is the class that you want to play. In general, there are healers, casters, stealthers, melee-ers, and hybrids (usually a cross between melee/caster, but there's also a cross between melee/healer). Hibernia's primary healers are Bards and Druids. Our primary casters include Animists, Bainshees, Eldritches, Enchanters, and Mentalists. Primary melee classes include Blademasters and Heroes. The only Hib stealthers are Nightshades and Rangers. Hybrid melee/caster classes include Champions, Maulers, Valewalkers, and Vampiirs, while the hybrid melee/healer is the Warden.

Animist (introduced with Shrouded Isles)

A strong caster class, both in PvE and RvR. They get mushroom pets that can follow them around and do melee or magic damage, or stationary mushrooms that cast spells at enemies who come within range (like a turret). The turret mushrooms are most commonly used in PvE farming or RvR keep defense. Animists can also get "bomber" pets that fly over to the target and explode, which is the most common in open field RvR.
Typically: Celt or Sylvan
More info

Bainshee (introduced with Catacombs)

An average caster class. They get a variety of Area of Effect (AoE) spells, including a cone AoE which does damage to anyone standing within a cone in front of them. They also get an uninterruptible pulsing Point-Blank AoE (PBAoE), which is widely used in PvE and is pretty good for RvR keep defense. They can be great in the right group, but were recently nerfed because Albs are too lazy to not clump up.
Typically: Lurikeen or Elf
More info

Bard (original class)

An average healing class and Hib's primary crowd control class. They get group healing abilities and resurrection spells, as well as mesmerizing (mezzing) spells that are used to hold enemies in place. They also get songs for group speed enhancements, group endurance regeneration, and group power regeneration. A Bard is pretty essential for RvR groups and very nice for PvE groups, but can't deal much damage. They are in high demand in RvR because Hibs are very hard on Bards and people give up playing them.
Typically: Celt
More info

Blademaster (original class)

A light tank and woefully underpowered melee class. Blademasters are known for dual-wielding weapons, but they hit like a wet noodle and are mainly useful for their Banelord abilities (if you choose that Master Level path). Blademasters are pretty rare because they do less damage than other melee classes and can't take as much damage as other tanks. You will most often see them face down in the dirt.
Typically: Celt or Firbolg
More info

Champion (original class)

A hybrid melee/caster class that can function as a pretty good tank. Champions don't hit quite as hard as Heroes in melee, but they can make up for it with their array of damage and debuffing spells. They are very useful (but tragically under-represented) in RvR and also useful in PvE.
More info

Druid (original class)

A strong healing class. Druids get buffs, heals, resurrection spells, instant heals, a pet, and rooting spells for immobilizing enemies. A general rule of thumb in RvR is to have one or two Druids per group, so there are never enough Druids to meet the demand.
More info

Eldritch (original class)

A very strong caster class. This is Hibernia's primary magic damage and general Swiss army knife class. They get nukes (single target, AoE, and PBAoE), debuffs, disease spells, and stuns, and are widely used both in PvE and RvR.
More info

Enchanter (original class)

A strong caster class. They get a PBAoE nuke, debuffs, a pet that can do melee or magic damage, and a focus shield spell for PvE. This is Hibernia's main PvE farming class because of the focus shield, but their debuffs and nukes are also useful in RvR. Their new Realm Rank 5 ability has made them even more viable in RvR, whereas they were previously often overlooked for Eldritches.
More info

Hero (original class)

A heavy tank and strong melee class. Probably the most common melee class in RvR. They can use a shield along with a one-handed weapon, or they can use a two-handed weapon. They also have the ability to wield a Celtic spear. A well-played Hero has a lot of damage-soaking toys and is very hard to kill. Some Heroes specialize in blocking to help casters farm in PvE.
Typically: Celt or Firbolg (RvR), Lurikeen (PvE)
More info

Mauler (introduced with Labyrinth of the Minotaur)

A hybrid melee/caster class that can function as a light tank. Maulers are defined by their use of fistwrap weapons or melee staff weapons, combined with spells to augment their damage. They also have spells that can root, snare, and debuff enemies, and they are one of two classes that gains power in their power pool by dealing damage to enemies. Not terribly common thanks to their lackluster styles and lack of ranged abilities.
Typically: Celt or Graoch
More info

Mentalist (original class)

A strong caster class. The Mentalist mana specialization is very useful in PvE farming, whereas the light spec gets damage and charm spells that are more useful in RvR. The mentalism spec is also good for RvR because of its damage, mezz, de-mezz, and healing spells. They have access to the Static Tempest realm ability, which is very nice in RvR. Many people underestimate the utility of a Mentalist, so these are not terribly common.
Typically: Lurikeen
More info

Nightshade (original class)

A strong stealth class and Hibernia's main assassin class. They pack a deadly punch between their poisons and magic spells. They get some neat toys, such as a trap that deals a lot of damage to enemy siege equipment, and if a Nightshade is played well, it can kill pretty much any other class in the game. A very popular choice for solo-ers in RvR, but also common in duos. They aren't very often grouped with visible classes.
Typically: Lurikeen or Celt
More info

Ranger (original class)

An average stealth class which primarily does ranged damage with a bow. They're great at PvE, and in RvR they are best played as a sniper. A Ranger can use their stealth to their advantage and shoot unsuspecting players, which is effective in stealth duos. However, a solo Ranger is vulnerable to attacks from other assassins and would need to choose fights very carefully. Rangers are rarely grouped with visible classes.
Typically: Lurikeen
More info

Valewalker (introduced with Shrouded Isles)

A hybrid melee/caster class which is more about damage-dealing than damage-taking. Highly positional melee styles make this a challenging class for a beginner. The upside is that they have good ranged damage capabilities and strong melee damage potential. They also look really cool with their scythes. Not as common as they could be, but still very deadly when played well.
Typically: Celt or Sylvan
More info

Vampiir (introduced with Catacombs)

A hybrid melee/caster class. Despite their unfortunate name, they are a strong class and are sometimes regarded by enemies as a "cheese" class because they excel at hunting enemy stealthers. They get an ability that allows them to see stealthers easily within a certain radius. Vampiirs are a great solo class, primarily because they don't require buffs and can keep themselves alive with a number of toys. They're also useful in groups as damage dealers, and they are the second Hib class that gains power in their power pool by damaging enemies.
More info

Warden (original class)

A hybrid melee/healing class. Wardens can be melee- or healing-oriented depending on player preference, and they are extremely useful in RvR in both situations. As a healer, Wardens can assist a Druid in a group with heals and resurrection spells, although they can't fully replace a Druid. Melee Wardens can assist other melee classes in the group with their chants to increase melee damage and improve attack speed. They also get an ability called Thornweed Field (TWF), which damages and snares all enemies inside the effect. TWF is, bar none, the most important ability when taking or defending keeps, but it is sorely underutilized in Hibernia. Wardens can also equip shields and are sometimes used as a blocking replacement for Heroes in PvE.
More info

TRAITS
Certain traits are desirable for certain classes, and you can customize these traits to some extent when creating a character. You will also want to look for equipment that helps the relevant traits.

Charisma: More charisma means a larger power pool for Bards. Everyone else should ignore it.

Constitution: Higher constitution means more hit points. All classes try to get as much of this as they can manage.

Dexterity: Higher dexterity means faster casting speed and better melee defense (blocking/parrying/evading). All classes try to increase dexterity, but it is especially important for casters and healers.

Empathy: More empathy means a larger power pool for Druids and Wardens. Everyone else should ignore it.

Intelligence: Higher intelligence means higher magic damage and a larger power pool for casters. Casters and Champions want this to be high.

Piety: Hibernians should always ignore this.

Quickness: Higher quickness means better melee swing speed. Melee classes try to get this to 250 (fully buffed), but casters and healers should ignore it.

Strength: Higher strength means more melee damage and more encumbrance, which basically allows you to carry more siege equipment. Melee classes want this to be as high as possible. Casters and healers don't care about it.

RACES
Some races are naturally better at a class because they maximize the traits listed above. When choosing a race, you'll want to keep in mind the traits that the race has, and consider how those traits will impact your chosen class. You can offset traits by tweaking your character's equipment, but in some cases it will be an uphill battle. Catacombs models are on the left; Classic models are on the right.

Celt

Pros: Well-rounded, medium dexterity (the highest among Hib's healing classes), medium strength
Cons: Medium dexterity, medium strength
Well-suited for: Anything they can be except Mentalists
Avoid: Mentalists
More info

Elf

Pros: High intelligence
Cons: Pointy ears, lower dexterity than Lurikeens, low strength
Well-suited for: Any caster
Avoid: Blademasters or Champions
More info

Firbolg

Pros: High strength, high empathy
Cons: Low dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Heroes and Blademasters
Avoid: Bards or Druids
More info

Graoch (Minotaur)

Pros: Cows, high strength, high constitution
Cons: Low dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Heroes, Blademasters, Maulers
Avoid: Wardens
More info

Lurikeen

Pros: High dexterity, high quickness, good intelligence, the smallest Hib race (hard for enemies to target)
Cons: Low strength, low constitution
Well-suited for: Any caster, stealthers, Heroes that specialize in blocking
Avoid: Heroes that do not specialize in blocking
More info

Shar

Pros: High constitution (the highest in Hibernian races)
Cons: Lower dexterity and quickness than a Celt
Well-suited for: Heroes
Avoid: Mentalists and Rangers
More info

Sylvan

Pros: High strength, high intelligence
Cons: Slightly lower dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Valewalkers and Animists
Avoid: Heroes
More info

Thanks to Angrymother (Warden), Barandix (Valewalker), and Stuntez (Champion) for helping us fill in the characters we didn't have!

:effort:

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 10, 2012

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Le0 posted:

great guide :) I think a friend of mine who never touched DAOC will start with me, what would be a good duo in hib?

As angry muppet said, a Bard is a great character to have in a duo since you get some buffs (just not as many as Druids), power/endurance/speed songs, heals, mez spells, and their new heal proc buff. It really depends, though. :)

concerned mom posted:

Brilliant guide! I'm thinking of duoing too, and was thinking Enchanter / Mentalist for the PVE focus shield and mana regen buff with HOTS. The Mentalist doesn't get Resurrection though do they?

Is mana still a problem in DAOC? I don't want to have to sit down to rest every few mobs.

Nope, Mentalists can't rez, and the other issue you might face there is that you would be lacking buffs to cast on your pet to help it tank. That's not the worst thing in the world, but a consideration. As for mana, it's really not a problem any more. In fact, I'd say the problem with mana now is that it doesn't run out fast enough. In RvR, casters have insane DPS, and these days with power regen mythirians and other goodies a caster can nuke for ages before running low on power.

Scro posted:

so what side do people mostly play on (goon wise)? I used to play on Mordred but I'm keen to jump in and try this again. I played a shaman and it was a bit of fun.

I'd probably be interested in trying a bard. Do bards still have to "twist" songs and do you still have to manually equip instruments or do they automatically equip now for the specific song you're trying to play?

So far most of us have ended up playing Hib, and we're using my oldschool guild as a goon guild. Last night we had a little RvR group going while several other players were leveling their characters in the BGs. There's certainly goon activity on Hib. :)

Bards have it easy these days. Any instrument now can play any song, and you can have two songs playing at once without having to twist. It's pretty nice!

ggschmitty posted:

Oh man, just reading this thread makes me nostalgic for RvR. It is so hard to resist! I had a RR8 Bard on one of the old classic servers but I can't even remember any of the account information... EA Support was not a very big help either. But from the sounds of it you can get 1-50 in no time and I always did want to try a Druid.

EA Support? What's that? :D

It really is easy to get to 50 now, and the only thing you can't buy these days would be realm points. It's nice to start out with toons that have a decent realm rank, but RR5 comes pretty quickly so it's not a huge deal. Plus, as more goons hit 50 and get templates done, we can run guild groups more often.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

concerned mom posted:

Hmm so Chanter / Ment possibly isn't the best anymore. Chanter / Bard? Druid? Help :(

Chanter/Bard is a great combo. The bard will have power song, heal song, heal proc, heals, and buffs to assist the chanter. Having a buffbot and a mentalist to go with that just makes the group even more powerful.

Scro posted:

Okay I've got another 1.5 gig of updating to go. My brother and I will be rolling. I'll probably play a bard and he's going to be an eldritch. How do we go about getting in touch with you guys?

If you roll a Hib, your best bet is to /who Cult and message anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep guild for an invite. :) Two things to remember: 1. New characters start in the newbie Tir na Nog Adventurers guild, so use the /gc quit command to leave it 2. You need to be in the same region as whoever is inviting you, so you may need to port out of the Tutorial Zone, BG, etc. to get the invite.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Fishy Joe posted:

Thinking of making a bard. Couple questions though: Can I level to 50 solo as a bard, and what tree should I dump my points in to level the quickest. Also does it matter which Ywain I roll on to hop in the Cult?

Getting to 50 solo as a bard is a bit slower. You'd have much better luck if you had groups when doing the quests. It would be possible, though, to do it solo, assuming you have the patience. As for which Ywain, it really doesn't matter, though houses on Ywain 1-3 tend to be harder to find, so I'd suggest picking a Ywain server with a higher number. Many of the Culties are on Ywain6.

Kazvall posted:

Chanter/Ment still kicks rear end. Don't listen to these fools! I thought the new npc buffs transferred to pets? You can always spec enhancement for pets buff as secondary.

Eldy/animist is also amazing. Pull mobs in and pbae them, repeat.

Chanter/Ment is awesome, but the buff issue had to be pointed out. We duoed Bard/Chanter most of the way to 50 and it worked really well. Plus, the AE mez can be quite helpful.

I don't think realm buffs apply to Enchanter pets, though I could be wrong. Also, you'd ideally put most of your points into the Mana spec as an Enchanter, so you'd barely have any buffs for your pet from the Enchantments spec line.

boho posted:

So what's the Hib (offensive) caster that's in best shape right now in terms of RvR? Eldritch?

Jessant pretty much hit it on the head. Elds and Ments are awesome, and Chanters and Animists can be very good. The only weak link is the Bainshee, and I have to wonder how long it will be before Mythic gives them some love.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

tawal posted:

I left Morgan le Fay when Gaheris launched and played there mainly, up until about 2007. Off and on since then. I really think the PvE in DAoC is wildly underrated, even though it isn't on par with other, current-style MMO PvE. It's just unfortunate that every encounter in the game can be done with 2 pet spam classes + zerg, with no thought at all required.

Yeah, some of the PvE in DAoC is really neat, or at least has a neat environment. I also enjoy figuring out the tricks to the various encounters. It may result in being able to kill some huge purple mob with two people, but to me that doesn't really matter.

Relentless posted:

I also remember a dungeon in north hib somewhere for mid levels, 25ish maybe, that had giant crabs in the bottom. Infinite giant crabs. Two days spent killing giant crabs.

Upon some searching on Allakhazam, I remember why. Crabs have a sweet loot table. 4 good pieces of jewelery, a full set of reinforced armor, a sword with an on-use nuke and a pretty rad cape.

Sounds like the Koalinth Caverns. I spent a bunch of time in there in the early days on my Blademaster. I really wanted a sword that supposedly dropped in there. I never got it. :)

peak debt posted:

Just for laughs, can anybody who still plays this game tell me whether they have balanced Shadowblades vs. the other rogues by now?

I'd say that the assassin classes are pretty well balanced against each other, and that it really comes down to either skill or just having the right timers up (I hate the latter part). Assassins versus everyone else, though... it's pretty broken. My nightshade can basically kill anything if I'm not dumb. Luckily for many players, I can be dumb quite often in fights.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Ralconn posted:

Anybody happen to have a good druid template? I'm getting to the level where I need to start working towards getting equipped for end game stuff.

Mine is fairly cheap... except for the helm. :(

GearBunnyX 1.102.0.1 Template Report
Configuration Name : Wafflebuffyn - Update9
Character Class : (Hib) Druid
Server Type : Ywaine
Character Level : 50
Realm Rank : RR 1
Champion Level : CL 10
Race : Firbolg

Stat Details : Items / Cap

<-- Stats -->
Constitution : 81 / 80
Dexterity : 103 / 101
Quickness : 15 / 80
Empathy : 100 / 95
Acuity : 100 / 95
Hit Points : 340 / 340

<-- Stat Cap Increases -->
Constitution Cap : 5 / 26
Dexterity Cap : 26 / 26
Quickness Cap : 5 / 26
Acuity Cap : 20 / 26
Power Cap : 10 / 50
Hit Points Cap : 140 / 200

<-- Resists -->
Crush Resist : 30 / 29
Slash Resist : 29 / 28
Thrust Resist : 26 / 26
Heat Resist : 29 / 31
Cold Resist : 31 / 26
Matter Resist : 26 / 26
Energy Resist : 26 / 26
Body Resist : 26 / 26
Spirit Resist : 26 / 26

<-- ToA Bonuses -->
Melee Speed : 3 / 10
Melee Damage : 3 / 10
Power Pool % : 27 / 35
Archery/Spell Speed : 12 / 10
Archery/Spell Damage : 2 / 10
Archery/Spell Range : 13 / 10
Spell Pierce : 5 / 10
Spell Duration : 6 / 25
Arcane Siphoning : 10 / 25
Healing Bonus : 24 / 25
Buff Enhance : 26 / 25

<== Equipment Info ==>

Weapons Equipped : Right and Left Hands ( S / S )

(Chest) : Veil-touched Scale Hauberk (ToA-Acuity)
Item Level : 51
Item Type : Normal Drop
Expansion : Dragon's Revenge Campaign (Dragons)
Quality : 100 %
Source : Ethinarg
Item Origin : Hibernia
Absorb : 27% (Chain / Scale)
AF : 102
22 Constitution
1 Spirit Resist
1 Crush Resist
1 Thrust Resist
1 Slash Resist
7 Dexterity Cap
5 Buff Enhance
10 Healing Bonus
6 Acuity Cap
5 Spell Speed
22.7 Utility / 55.7 ToA Utility
( Head ) (RoG) : Empowering Mantle of Samhain
18 Acuity
16 Dexterity
7 Slash Resist
7 Cold Resist
5 Power Pool %
5 Buff Enhance
5 Dexterity Cap
2 Spell Speed

( Arms ) (Manual Name) : Wafflebuffyn-New9
Dexterity : 25 ( Flawless vapor essence jewel )
Crush Resist : 9 ( Polished fiery shielding jewel )
Thrust Resist : 7 ( Imperfect airy shielding jewel )
Slash Resist : 7 ( Imperfect watery shielding jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 5 Buff Enhance
Gem 1 : 1 Kath , 33 Essence of Life , 9 Swamp Fog
Gem 2 : 1 Mon , 26 Ground Draconic Scales , 6 Draconic Fire
Gem 3 : 1 Pal , 21 Ground Draconic Scales , 5 Air Elemental Essence
Gem 4 : 1 Pal , 21 Ground Draconic Scales , 5 Leviathan Blood

(Hands) : Maddening Scalars
Item Type : Artifact
Expansion : Trials of Atlantis (ToA)
Source : Unknown
Item Origin : Universal
40 Hit Points
15 Constitution
15 Quickness
3 Melee Speed
3 Melee Damage
5 Constitution Cap
5 Quickness Cap
30.0 Utility / 46.0 ToA Utility

(Legs) : Dragonslayer Holy Osnadurtha Legs
Item Type : Dragonslayer Quest
22 Dexterity
5 Cold Resist
5 Heat Resist
5 Spirit Resist
40 Hit Points
5 Dexterity Cap
1 Spell Speed
54.7 Utility / 60.7 ToA Utility

( Feet ) (Manual Name) : Wafflebuffyn-New9
Dexterity : 25 ( Flawless vapor essence jewel )
Constitution : 22 ( Precious earthen essence jewel )
Thrust Resist : 7 ( Imperfect airy shielding jewel )
Hit Points : 52 ( Faceted blood essence jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 5 Acuity Cap
Gem 1 : 1 Kath , 33 Essence of Life , 9 Swamp Fog
Gem 2 : 1 Zo , 29 Essence of Life , 8 Treant Blood
Gem 3 : 1 Pal , 21 Ground Draconic Scales , 5 Air Elemental Essence
Gem 4 : 1 Ros , 25 Essence of Life , 7 Giant Blood

(Right Hand) : Dochar Druid Blade
Item Type : Champion Weapon
Expansion : Darkness Rising (DR)
Source : Camelot Herald
Weapon Type : Blades
Weapon Speed : 4.2
DPS : 16.5
4 Dexterity Cap
6 Healing Bonus
4 Acuity Cap
4 Spell Speed
5 Power Cap
6 Power Pool %
4 Spell Range
0.0 Utility / 33.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 39

( Left Hand ) (Manual Name) : Wafflebuffyn9
Constitution : 22 ( Precious earthen essence jewel )
Crush Resist : 5 ( Flawed fiery shielding jewel )
Energy Resist : 5 ( Flawed light shielding jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 5 Buff Enhance
Gem 1 : 1 Zo , 29 Essence of Life , 8 Treant Blood
Gem 2 : 1 Ra , 37 Essence of Life , 10 Giant Blood
Gem 3 : 1 Ee , 16 Ground Draconic Scales , 4 Draconic Fire
Gem 4 : 1 Ee , 16 Ground Draconic Scales , 4 Sun Light

(Jewel) : Egg of Youth
Item Level : 50
12 Acuity
32 Hit Points
5 Crush Resist
5 Slash Resist
5 Thrust Resist
8 Healing Bonus
40 Hit Points Cap
46.0 Utility / 64.0 ToA Utility

(Neck) : Public Awareness Necklace (BP Item)
Item Type : Bounty Point Reward
Expansion : New Frontiers (NF)
Quality : N/A %
7 Crush Resist
7 Slash Resist
6 Thrust Resist
6 Matter Resist
6 Body Resist
6 Energy Resist
76.0 Utility / 76.0 ToA Utility

(Cloak) : Glimmer Spirit Cloak
Item Level : 45
Quality : N/A %
5 Energy Resist
5 Heat Resist
5 Cold Resist
5 Spirit Resist
5 Matter Resist
5 Body Resist
50 Hit Points
50 Hit Points Cap
72.5 Utility / 85.0 ToA Utility

(Belt) : Jacina's Sash
6 Buff Enhance
6 Spell Duration
5 Power Cap
5 Power Pool %
5 Spell Range
5 Spell Pierce
10 Arcane Siphoning
0.0 Utility / 27.0 ToA Utility

(Ring) : Ring of the Azure
15 Dexterity
4 Cold Resist
4 Heat Resist
4 Spirit Resist
50 Hit Points
5 Dexterity Cap
5 Acuity Cap
50 Hit Points Cap
15 Acuity
2 Spell Damage
56.5 Utility / 81.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 49

(Ring) : Crocodile Tear Ring
Source : In Game
4 Heat Resist
4 Cold Resist
4 Energy Resist
4 Matter Resist
4 Body Resist
15 Acuity
50.0 Utility / 50.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Manual) : 42

(Wrist) : Glimmershade Bracer
Quality : 80 %
6 Body Resist
6 Cold Resist
6 Heat Resist
6 Energy Resist
6 Matter Resist
6 Spirit Resist
5 Power Pool %
22 Acuity
86.7 Utility / 91.7 ToA Utility

(Wrist) : Bracelet of Zo'arkat
Source : Vision of Sages (or Backup)
18 Acuity
5 Matter Resist
5 Body Resist
5 Spirit Resist
6 Power Pool %
4 Spell Range
42.0 Utility / 52.0 ToA Utility

<== Total Spellcraft Materials Needed ==>

2 Ee gem(s)
3 Pal gem(s)
1 Mon gem(s)
1 Ros gem(s)
2 Zo gem(s)
2 Kath gem(s)
1 Ra gem(s)

186 Essence of Life
121 Ground Draconic Scales

10 Air Elemental Essence
10 Draconic Fire
17 Giant Blood
5 Leviathan Blood
4 Sun Light
18 Swamp Fog
16 Treant Blood

<== End Report ==>

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 17, 2012

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

I corrected the item name in my post. GearBunny's database has it with the wrong name and I never bothered to fix it. :P

By the way, would any 49+ like to work on the dragon quests this weekend or soon? It would involve killing a bunch of stuff in Sheeroe Hills, killing the Glimmer Prince, and then killing the adolescent dragons. After that, it's a simple matter of killing the 3 big dragons (one from each realm) in a row, though I don't know if we'd attempt that quest right away. Doing this line of quests gets you prepared for the Dragon Myths and Legends quest which has dragon mythirians as a quest reward, and that quest is repeatable.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

tawal posted:

Any times set for the quest runs? I am definitely interested in doing them on Eldritch and buffbot, but have to work tonight. I haven't done them before, though- are there any solo steps that need to be completed beforehand?

Unless something crazy changes, we'll start this at 2PM Eastern tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 19). We'll meet up in Innis Carthaig (port to Connla then take a wyvern from the Stable Master to Innis). There are no pre-reqs for this raid.

This is what we're working on:
http://darkageofcamelot.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Mythirian_Requirements
My goal is to get through number 4, but we may try 5, depending on how things are going. Bring mana potions or other gear/items you think you may need for the raid.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Let's RvR later. Like, a full group.

Count me in!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

Goon RvR highlight of the night: Finding a group of 25+ stealthers.

http://i.imgur.com/jVTIz.jpg

Only picture I got of it but god drat, never seen anything like it. I've seen stealth zergs but that was something else.

I got shot by so many archers all at once :(

I'm going to have nightmares about that for weeks. Stealth zergs are usually about 10 or less. That hill was COVERED with Alb scouts. COVERED. Besides the whole dying thing, it was a remarkably surreal experience. The sound produced by the shear number of archers plinking our group was quite interesting. Yikes.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

In case anyone's interested, we are thinking about doing either a Darkspire or Galladoria raid this weekend. There may also be another Summoner's Hall raid soon, in addition to more RvR. Good times! :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

That's odd, haven't seen happening to anyone else. I would think it's your router, or a third party program causing it to stop.

In other news, my sub ran out, I forgot I had no money on my debit card, poo poo! I'll be back tomorrow.

We lost all of the relics because you weren't online to help us defend them, AKA troll /as.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Shux posted:

DAOC has one of if not the best and fastest PVP combat systems in place when it was peaking and honestly it probably still is the best even though not many people play it.

I think the "slow combat" argument comes from experiencing it at low level, when it is painfully slow. At level 35+, however, DAoC's combat is second to none in terms of speed and complexity. And that's a good thing. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

ggschmitty posted:

Thimble near amg. Used to die here more times than I can count!

We used to call that the PB (Pillbox). So many good fights happened near AMG and the PB.

ggschmitty posted:

All of the mobs are still there - but different keeps are entirely empty and where the map indicates a relic village there is nothing. I forget which one this was (maybe scaith?) but it had guards and working gatekeepers, and at the top, a portal to DF. Unfortunately the portal didn't send us to old DF but oh well.

That would have been Dagda or Lamfhota based on the guard formation and having the inner door/keep. I loved the old relic keeps. They always produced epic battles. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

ded posted:

So with the free 14 days for returning players do they charge your CC before or after that expires?

As far as I know it charges your card once the 14 days are up if you leave the account subscribed. You can activate the 14 day, immediately cancel the account, and still be able to play out the 14 days.

• Locked thread