Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

Combo posted:

When is the return of the waffles supposed to be happening? I might mess around and make a warden in the mean time or something, if anyone wants to do bg leveling stuff. I'll be online in like 20 mins after the baby goes to sleep
Hopefully after this weekend the bulk of our move will be done so we'll just have little bits here and there to deal with. I'll post once we've reactivated, but it should be soonish.

Kazvall posted:

Firby if you want to be a giant target and also heal. I love them, hah. Celt for more low profile. You can't really gently caress up a Warden. Just pump up your PBT line and decide if you want higher weapon or healing spec. If you're running solo just spec for whatever superior styles are available to you for whatever BG. Oh yeah, and shields, too.
Go celt for a healing-focused warden to get the better dex for faster casting speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Ah does the extra empathy not help healing that much? More like, power pool?

I believe it just increases your mana pool. Regrowth spec is what decreases variance.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

I do hope a bunch of you guys decide to come back and play on live (Waffles, Kaz, Pringles, Serpus, etc) but I have to warn you US prime time hib is still absolutely a ghost town. I'm temping out a Molvik character for the hell of it because I haven't gotten a single group at 50.

With the alb zerg (still 100+) and mid zerg (typically 50+) out there's always certainly something to do and fights to be had, just saying.

That's okay, we can play Molvik or figure out some 50 RvR that isn't terrible. :) I have a Molvik ranger and it's a ton of fun to play, so I'd recommend having a temped Molvik character anyway.

Kazvall posted:

If/when I come back to live I'll probably be playing Albion. Mostly because I miss my rr8 minstrel and his toys. I do have guys on all realms, I believe, though.

Nooooo play Hib.

Kazvall posted:

Roll call time. Post what server/realm you played on back in the day!

Albion/Guinevere. Zhalfer/Zhyres/Kazvall.

Hib/Bors for me. I had a couple of lowbie toons in Alb and Mid on various servers to try them out, but I've always preferred Hib.

edit:

Kazvall posted:

Before they made it impossible to cross the gate at Sauvage(Heh, Castle Sausage), some hibs had staged a raid to try and get through without dying to guards or the wizards. IIRC there was a hib ranger that made it through, named Willow. Well she literally terrorized the country side and on two occasions before being caught/killed, she killed me while I was leveling in Salisbury. I remember being absolutely dumbfounded at the time. She would log in, kill a few people, and log out before anyone was wise. I always regret never being able to even try to cross the realm gate at the home castle of another realm. They made it so you got teleported back as soon as you hit the first gate, pretty soon after. Closest I came was during SI when almost the entire Avalon City zone was transported to midgard by some freak accident.

On Bors, some Albs and a Mid clipped through the Druim Ligen terrain to get in. I remember zoning out of the Spraggon Den to see three odd-looking characters with red text above their heads. I zoned back in so fast. After that, our alliance started a massive search to try to find that group but came up empty-handed.

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 20, 2015

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Doctor Borris posted:

So are there any active goons on hib side and more specifically which server?

We were using the guild "Cult of Nyarlathotep" on live, so take a look for any Cult members if you're on Hib. They may not be goons, but they can help you out either way. We had been planning to resub and play already/soon, but one of our cats injured himself so we've been dealing with that. There will definitely be a return of the Waffleses, though! Especially since:

For anyone who hasn't been paying attention to the Herald, Broadsword is going to be releasing a new campaign/expansion shortly! Called the Otherworlds Campaign, patch 1.118 kicks off new PvE content with a new zone, new items with supposedly new stat cap increases, and craftable full-buff potions! Depending on the cost to make the potions, they could help replace buffbots or at least reduce the dependance on them. That is awesome.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

If anyone is still subbed to Live, we're finally back in game! Not just that, we're about to do some Otherworld Campaign quests. Come join us!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

CopperHound posted:

Instead of arguing about why I don't play this game anymore.... I'm going to activate my free seven days just to say hi to the waffles.

And then probably not log in again for two years.

Resub for the Waffles, stay for the Molvik.

Honestly, Molvik is the place to be lately. It's nice to run around in an area where not everyone has a million I WIN buttons. It's much more reminiscent of the old days of RvR. If anyone has stealthers or visibles at or below Molvik level, get them to Molvik and profit. You don't even need a template, though it helps a bit.

Lately we tend to log in late at night or on the weekends, just so you guys know. Come join the fun!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

If anyone is interested, we're running a Hib OW Prologue - Ch9 raid on Saturday at 4pm PST / 7pm EST / midnight UTC. :)

PriNGLeS posted:

gently caress you Waffles, you murdered my scout in cold blood.

Wait, what scout and when?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Shadokin posted:

Play time would pretty much be early morning pacific time as I work nights.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate them!

Right on, Hibernia would be your best bet, then. The European crowd is fun and you'll have plenty of realmmates around. If you want an invite to the goon guild on Hib just let me know. It's small at the moment, but we're in a large alliance with lots of activity.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Combo posted:

So how active are you hib goons on live, especially on weekday evenings?

I'm bored of everything again and considering coming back if I have 7 free days.

I'm on nearly every night during the week (usually after 7PM PST) and on for most of the weekend when it isn't sleep time. No, really, I'm not an addict!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Shadokin posted:

Whats your name in game Butta?

/who Waffle and look for anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep guild. Lately I've been on Wafflerunnyn, Wafflesmashyn, or Waffletrekkyn usually.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

From Hib NF last night:

quote:

[Region] Vallint: fgm bout to leave Nott.
[Region] Skiddlez: no theyre Nott
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: Oh Jarl they are.
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: ...I'll see myself out.
[Region] Skiddlez: wanna bled on it?
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: I'd be Glen to.
[Region] Skiddlez: Arv you sure?
[Region] Wafflerunnyn: That's a Bold thing to ask.
[Region] Skiddlez: well ill just Cruach-on over and find out myself
[Region] Tanabe: im on the Fens about this whole pun thing
Edit: Only Vallint in that exchange was not a Cultie. :)

ggschmitty posted:

If you are looking for something to dual box while leveling, you will love having a bard with endo + speed.

Definitely. A warden bot is also fantastic for the damage add/celerity/bubble/heal regen availability.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Noah posted:

This is an old question, but back when dragon's first came out, I remember being part of a raid that got all the way to the Hib dragon. Had something like 40-50 people there, but the dragon literally wiped the raid in probably 5 seconds, several times, and we never tried again.

What happened, and how did guilds ever down them?

With the old Hib dragon you could do it with 3 solid groups. Each group would clump together and the groups themselves would spread out slightly in a triangle just close enough to melee the dragon. The AOE would level one or two groups but not everyone. Quick rezzes were the key.

Also, live is great fun right now. You're missing out.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Whats population look like on live these days?

Sorry for the late reply on these two, which have been answered a bit, but I'd say the live population right now is pretty good. Depending on time zone you can find zergs, 8mans, smallman, and solo action pretty easily.

admiral.baby posted:

Ditto. How viable is live w/o a buffbot?

As was mentioned, potions and realm buffs help a lot. The Supremacy potions are a newish pot added with the Otherworldly campaign which give you capped buffs, but they are expensive. It also pays to just know people who have buffbots. In my regular group I often end up buffing a couple of people who would otherwise just pop a Sup pot charge.

flare posted:

Lots of stuff

Lots of good things, in fact! Somewhere on PostCount there are threads detailing the proposed changes, but it's good to keep in mind that some of these haven't been started yet in code and may not happen. The skald shield spec one was just an idea tossed out there, for example. Personally, I'm more excited about the upcoming other changes like more keep defense RPs, housing changes, etc.

flare posted:

Thunderstorm nerfed! Woot!

RIP Thunderstorm, it was fun while it lasted. :(

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

I updated the OP a bit with the Uthgard beta news. Uthgard is tempting, but I'd still just roll Hib. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Hib is always the best choice. :)

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

I just updated the OP and mixed in some more Uthgard information. If you guys have anything specific that you want added for links or other tidbits let me know. Otherwise I'll try to keep up with the posts and grab relevant info to add to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

I tweaked the OP to be a bit more clear in the header about Uthgard.

Also, since I don't recall (and didn't see) a follow-up post about the patch 1.121 changes that went live a few weeks ago on the official servers, check out these changes:
http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121-live-patch-notes

The Herald posted:

Highlights
  • Display your valor at keep and tower sieges and be rewarded with our new contribution–based reward system!
  • Buffing and support classes have been given more active tools to control and impact the battle!
  • Alpha–striking is back on Assassins! Try out their improved Envenom and Stealth lines too!
  • Skald, Minstrel, and Bard classes have new speed–based buffs to dazzle their realm–mates with!
  • Light Tank stances and a charge class-ability allow them new utility and prowess on the battlefield!
  • Crafting has been sped up and simplified and SIegecrafting has been improved!
  • Crowd control has been given more potency as well as new counters to go along with it!
  • Several underused specializations have been given major facelifts on classes including Bainshees, Animists, Cabalists, Bonedancers, Paladins, Clerics, Druids, Shaman, and many more!
  • More Class Balance changes, along with several bug fixes, than could fit in the Highlights await those brave enough to venture onward through the notes!
...and then the subsequent hotfixes/tweak patches:
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121-hot-fix-and-client-update
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121-hot-fix-and-client-update-2
http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121b-live-patch-notes
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121c-hot-fix-update
Those, in a nutshell, are Broadsword continuing to tweak things since patch 1.121 was so massive. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan. So many things were changed or added that I don't really think it's DAoC any more.

• Locked thread