Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I played DAOC for 3-4 months in late 2001. EQ was in the Velious expansion and I was pretty burned out on it. Lots of EQ players were buzzing about how nice DAOC was, so I finally tried it out. You could ride a horse, fight Realm vs Realm, and create siege machines. I made a ranger and got him to 35 or so.

I logged in last night after waiting in the queue, but I was really lost with the controls and with relearning a new interface. I'll give it another go this week.

I'm watching twitch streams and realizing how dull the pve is in DAOC as compared to EverQuest. It reminds me of the lackluster pve you see in korean grinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I have a ranger and he's almost level 6. Just soloing right now outside Tir na Nog.

I'm content to royally screw this character over with my specialization choices and still have fun.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Man, I'm really enjoying the uniqueness to DAOC mechanics that I mostly forgotten since it's been so long. I'm so hooked right now. Still haven't grouped yet, but probably will when I get to level 10.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I don't care about the race to level 40+. I'm just in it for the slow ride. Most of my play experience 16 years ago was soloing anyways and enjoying the crafting system.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
The queue this weekend has been crazy during euro prime. Right now there are 2700 in game and 2300 waiting to get a chance to play.

If I wait till around 9-10 pm EST then it's pretty easy to log right in.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Uthgard just migrated to a beefier server and now the server cap is at 4100. So the queue isn't too bad now.\

My ranger is at 30 and I still haven't rvr'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I haven't logged in to Uthgard since Feb, but I have a ranger that I soloed to 32 on hib.

I haven't tried RVR yet. It's on my list to eventually try.

• Locked thread