Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Are wardens still kickin' rad helperbots that are second only to bards for being loved?

Or are they just subpar healers with heavier armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

One of the few PvE things I remember is there being a fairly hard end game mob with a good loot table and the trash that spawned him all being single pulls in the bottom of a hib dungeon in the way, way, way back somewhere. At the time, which was vanilla DAOC, they were all mobs with big rear end 2 handed weapons with a swing time of 3.5 seconds. Hit like goddamn TRUCKS, but only every 3.5 seconds. I vaguely want to say they were skeletons or bears or something. Either way, we quickly figured out that anything with that long of a swing timer is easily abused.

We ended up parking my warden and 1 other both with the bladeturn chants sync'd to 3 second intervals. And whatever DPS classes wanted to show up could contribute easily. It was slow, but unless you hosed up and pulled two, you were invincible. And I got a good chunk of cash for just sittin there humming my bubble.

They eventually got fixed to not be so easily abused, but it was fun while it lasted.

I also remember a dungeon in north hib somewhere for mid levels, 25ish maybe, that had giant crabs in the bottom. Infinite giant crabs. Two days spent killing giant crabs.

Upon some searching on Allakhazam, I remember why. Crabs have a sweet loot table. 4 good pieces of jewelery, a full set of reinforced armor, a sword with an on-use nuke and a pretty rad cape.

• Locked thread