Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

ggschmitty posted:

y

He truly raised the most soul crushing question, the question that forced us all to look deep down inside. I didn't like what I saw, I don't think any of us did. But it inspired us to be better.

RIP Ev, I will never forgive Ramo for kicking you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Give it to me I want to be rich for once.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Decided I would update my old classic server hero's template and it was pretty easy. All I'm missing now is:
Sleeves of Eternal Retribution (will probably just steal them from my warden when I need them)
Bracer of Eternal Retribution
Sabatons of the Shard

e: I believe it was Combo's final wish that I be given the plat for my template. RIP

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Combo posted:

You can still have it, Waffle being the cool but humble bastard he is refused to take it for guild funds, so I'm going to subvert his wishes and give it to you instead.

Well if you keep the money you have to come back and play with us sometime so go ahead and keep it. And when you find yourself weeks from now lying in bed awake thinking about that sweet plat you'll be logged in before you know it.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Oh man I wanted to play mid when there was no one on but I didn't know where to look.

e: You guys need to be in the vent so I know where to find you

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I will not be the Skald that this guild needs. I will be the Skald that this guild deserves. Take that as you will.

Also, should I sell my hib poo poo and xfer the plat over for when I hit 50 to make a template? Or will you guys be flip-flopping.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
So I've been totally burned out of DAoC for a while now, anyone want my stuff?

I'm also trying my hardest to avoid buying D3 on an impulse until summer is over, but everyone else is doing it...

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I've got 14 days free on one account and nothing to do for a few hours if you wanna raid some bgs.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

ggschmitty posted:

i'm not sure I did anything other than die

We ride together, we die together. Bad Hibs for life.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Are they just never going to do that Come Back To Camelot free two weeks ever again? I used to be able to do that every couple months.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I loved my melee warden but I was also ridiculed for it soooo follow your heart I guess.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
drat I have a few 50s I wouldn't mind trying out on a real server.

I hope I don't have to remember their names. I should read that article a bit closer.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Kazvall posted:

Small update for a dying thread. I made it to 50, and am an officer in a great guild in the largest alliance in Alb. We offer free gear up to level 35. Dont be afraid to hit me up if anyone is on the fence about playing. Rvr is still amazing. I rolled a full group of mids in dodens yesterday with just an inf buddy. Tickityboo I havent seen you on. Can you email me at kazvall @ hotmail . com?

I am Kazvall in game, in the Divine Lords guild.

Are there people to level with? First time I tried Uthgard I quit during the mid 20s when it was just me alone in DF for an eternity.

Now that I think about it, I've never tried an Alb outside of the PvP server...

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Kaz where have you been, idk why I'm in the guild and not making a new one with a super cool name if you're not going to be around to fund my alchemy.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Yeah I'm usually around soloing. If you need a start when I'm on I can supply potions and some buffs since I'm mostly alt tabbed anyway.

edit: in Alb, ofc

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 21, 2013

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Kazvall posted:

Uthgard should have stayed up. I kinda understand why they took it down, but genesis is poo poo so they just got worked up over nothing.

I miss my old daoc friends like angry mother and the waffles. Its waffles right not some other food?

The golden age is over.

I play ESO once in a while now if I want to get my mmo/rvr fix. I definitely miss grouping with people like you had to in DAoC, but the gameplay is so smooth I don't think I could ever go back.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
After the last update ESO is now crashing upon starting. How do I get daoc back in my life for an hour or two every few days.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I miss the PvP servers, even more since I got in on them when they were already at a dwindling ~2006 population. I wish I could have seen them at their prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

im gay posted:

Are there any remotely similar games to vanilla DAoC with similar PvP? I have a really bad itch.

I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online, which has the three realm, taking keeps with seige engines stuff. I played DAoC on and off for maybe a decade, and after playing ESO I don't think I'll actually be going back, this scratches the itch and also feels so much more fluid.

• Locked thread