Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, I got hit with a wave of nostalgia today so I reopened by account and jesus christ did I seriously just get to level 36 in 5 hours /played?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can anyone write up a quick summary of what I should be doing once I reach 40+? Something about glass and champions bounties and master levels and I don't even know what the gently caress.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Krakatoah posted:

Hey, I used to play this when Mythic used to own it, if I got a friend who hasn't touched it before to try it out would they have to buy the expansions too?

Don't quote me on this, but I think all the expansions are free now. I remember that when Catacombs came out, Shrouded Isles was made free, and then when Labyrinth came out, Atlantis was made free.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Are melee wardens good? Or would I just get told to heal or gently caress off?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tooter posted:

I'm trying to recover my old account. drat this thread making me want to heal some groups again. I'm fairly certain I have some characters on hib. If I don't, however, which would be better to heal warden or druid?

Wardens don't have as many healing tools as druids, but they do get the realm's pulsing bladeturn chant, so that's nice.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a warden to level 45 in a little over 5 hours /played. poo poo is bananas.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

So I started a Eldrich, died over and over again while leveling, got frustrated, and made a Enchanter. So far so good - Killing mobs is absurdly easy with the damage shield and my freshly minted buffbot to heal. What I'm worried about is Enchanter's PvP viability though. I guess Eldriches nuke better, which, for me, looks better on paper than PBAE damage spells.

I remember that PBAE used to be pretty sick nasty back in the day, but it required a extremely coherent and good group to pull off in PvP.

Finally, can someone give me a primer on the new post-Atlantis classes and what the hell they do?

Heretics are spellcasters that use focus spells that quickly ramp up in damage or effectiveness as you maintain focus on the target. They also get good self-buffs and can spec into crush, flex, and shields if you want to melee.

Valkyries are kind of like thanes, but their damage abilities are pulsing cones that hit everything in a 90 degree arc in front of you. They can spec into swords, spears, and shields and they also get a rejuvenation line with an instant rez.

Warlocks are spellcasters with some weird gimmick that I don't know how it works because I've never played one. As I understand it they can and will push your poo poo in with a fuckton of instant, uninteruptable bolts and poo poo.

Vampiirs are hybrids that can cast spells in combat. They also aren't affected by buffs at all, but they gain stats at an increased rate to compensate. Very high on the cheese factor.

Bainshees are terrible. Don't roll one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Leveling in the 34-39 bracket BG is completely impossible because of the amount of people running around ganking. Are there any alternatives for these levels?

Do the PVE quests. Just ask the BG channeler to port you to the town in your bracket, and there will be a shitton of quests available for you. They're a lot faster than the RVR quests and reward the exact same gear as the BP rewards for that bracket, but you don't get any RP or BP out of doing them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also the dodecahedron shield spell effect.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PriNGLeS posted:

Make a forums account on origins, go to "board index", create account button. Configure daoc portal to point to your client directory.

I just tried registering and got an error. Must be popular!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also the PVP ability system is almost exactly the same, not to mention 3-way PVP.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FF14, kind of, but the PVP is all in WoW-style battlegrounds. It is a fight between three teams if that's what you're looking for. The PVP skill system is almost an exact copy of realm abilities, but with the ability to respec at any time for free. The producer also says that DAOC was his favorite MMO, if that helps at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So what realm are most people on on Uthgard? I kind of have a pre-WOW MMO itch that needs scratching.

• Locked thread