Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I ran out of fucks to give years ago. You don't need any of these drat items for a nice temp. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Shadokin posted:

I am tentatively thinking of getting back into this in a very casual fashion. So much nostalgia for this game its unbelievable. If there are any really old gawaine or guinievere players in this thread do you remember broderskapet on gawaine/mid or raz'xi on hib/Guin? The last time I tried to get back Into playing this I was turned off from having to relearn everything so thinking if I do play again making a new character to relearn how to play would be a good idea since apparently blade masters are rear end now.

I played alb/guin for far too long. I'd probably remember some hib names, you know, like Tyfud and stuff.

Also, this game is pretty loving casual now. I wouldn't be worried about anything. We have plenty of guys in guild willing to get old vets up to speed. I'll even give you some items if you need, but you get EVERYTHING you need while leveling up. It's great!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got a runemaster I'll bring around 1 time a month. Heh.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Where can a guy find other guys to play with right NOW.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Missed this, piss. Going to pay for another month until Diablo 3 comes out. Would like to get some nice RvR action on either Hib or Mid. But, my Mid toons is templated for like early early SI.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My poo poo is kazvall @ hotmail .com for diablo3 friends.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm so sorry old friend. This new friend I got, well its like we've known each other for years. I put the time in and I get everything, you only give me what I pay for...

Bah, I'll keep coming back until they release Elder Scrolls Online.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry to hijack the DAoC thread, but just wanted you guys to know you can join any normal game, even on act 4, even if you just started. (d3)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What did they do?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This sounds about 5 years too late, but also really fun. Next time I'm up for some free time I'll try this out and make a report. Just can't afford to pay for DAoC anymore. Still, it's the only MMO I WOULD pay for.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyone still playing this?

"Dark Age of Camelot - Welcome - kazvall
Congratulations, your account is eligible for 14 Free Days!"

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

We're not at the moment, but will probably hop back in the game for a bit once work and things calm down a bit. :)

Well, let me know. I can use this whenever. I'd like to RvR, but not with a bunch of people I don't know.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hate to bump this dying thread... but, I thought I'd try some RvR out this weekend. If anyone wants to join me, you would be welcome. I'll probably fill this post in with more details on the new content if no one else posts after me.

I need some fun times before Planetside 2 beta starts!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

Oh no, I don't know if the Waffleses will be able to join you while your 14-day is active. Have you been playing much? I'm curious how RvR seems now.

I got caught up with some ol' bullshit along with being sick. So, I haven't activated yet. Was actually hoping someone would pop in here and play with me, hehe.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

I've got 14 days free on one account and nothing to do for a few hours if you wanna raid some bgs.

Sorry I missed this. Been real sucked into DayZ lately.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, did you activate? How many people are playing now?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, sorry I flaked out. Getting into Planetside 2 beta was the cause of this. I'm sure I'll be in after the next character wipe.

E: I saw CopperHound on ps2 beta, so I'll look for him, too!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I just updated for Uthgard since they got rid of the free two week sub for live. Going to be playing Albion. We should get a guild together...

I will have a mumble for us later.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

On right now as Zhyres/Paladin. I have a cleric named Cliffton, as well.

Uthgard.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

CactarHero posted:

You guys are brave, Alb/Uthgard is a hard road.

Shits and giggles, my friend. Old style exp rates still give me PTSD. However I'm taking my medicine: The Cabalist.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, I'll be doing a little Albion/Uthgard until Elder Scrolls comes out. Anyone want to join? I got my mumble set up with a channel. Mbl9.gameservers.com/10035. Add Kazvall on steam if you want, as well, and we could coordinate times.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry to post twice. Come on around 11pm EST tonight, to start some new characters on Uthgard! Download daoc from the main website, and then get daoc portal.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Werkwerk posted:

In as Jerkjerk on Uthgard if any dudes want to group up in Albion

Or not since the client can't loving decide to let me walk around anymore.

Dude. Can you STILL not move?

lemonslol posted:

I rolled a ranger on Uthgard and have been leveling up bros, I'm in as Oatzbrah

We're on Albion, haha.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 1, 2013

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lemonslol posted:

BUMMER ! I guess we will see each other in the RVR

Which will be about a month from now with this exp curve.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jerkjerk, the reason you couldnt move before was because you need to register your email with Uthgard.

Delogic, you must really like Tool.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Im no where near 50 yet, but it seems there is decent rvr with keeps changing hands a lot. There are about 600-800 people on during primetime. And yes, its OF.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seems not too many people play but me. I don't want to gouge you too hard. But, some help could be nice. I'll hit you up later.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Small update for a dying thread. I made it to 50, and am an officer in a great guild in the largest alliance in Alb. We offer free gear up to level 35. Dont be afraid to hit me up if anyone is on the fence about playing. Rvr is still amazing. I rolled a full group of mids in dodens yesterday with just an inf buddy. Tickityboo I havent seen you on. Can you email me at kazvall @ hotmail . com?

I am Kazvall in game, in the Divine Lords guild.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, I tasked to 20 on my minstrel while autotraining. It was painful. As soon as that was over and I found a guild it got much better. Being proactive definitely helps a lot. I led a 60 man summoners hall raid. Was able to get 43-47 in 4 hours.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

Skald would probably be easiest in the early/mid levels. It's also extremely beneficial to auto-train a minstrel, so it's super painful to level one without instruments. Also much more expensive to template out a minstrel if you do stick with it.

Then there's the whole "minstrel issue" in alb, that I'm sure Kazvall from this thread can confirm, unless Alb has had a massive shift in thought.
Minstrels are pretty much not wanted outside of XP groups or maybe stealth groups/duos. Every single Alb group will take a Theurgist over a Minstrel for role of interrupter, and certainly a merc or reaver for DPS. While I wholeheartedly disagree with this view - a well played Minstrel offers stupid amounts of utility to a group - the entirety of the Alb realm does not.

Also to Kaz, sorry, I got sidetracked and have been playing Mid again.

You are correct in that a Minstrel is not looked for in a raid group. Everyone is looking for Cleric/Paladin/Theurg/Reaver. This is why I lead my own raids and groups. I have a pretty amazing template using quest/df accessories. Hit me up if you need it! I only autoed to 20 for 50/32/29.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I wouldn't mind taking a gander at it, I've had a longing for some kind of stealther on Uthgard for awhile but have just never bothered due to the extreme cost in operating one competitively. That and the fact that rangers exist is extremely discouraging.

Well, I get +11 stealth/slash/instruments, 200 hits, 75 str/con/qui/charisma, 54 dex, capped resists except energy(23), matter(21), and spirit(15). This is using Taj1 cloak, secret orders quest bracer, and rest DF diamond accessories. The only semi-expensive thing is the Prince Sword. Anyways, I'll be on for a bit if anyone needs anything.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Kaz where have you been, idk why I'm in the guild and not making a new one with a super cool name if you're not going to be around to fund my alchemy.

Ahhhh sorry. Some real life crap came up. I'll be on a lot more starting this weekend.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

GunganRevenge posted:

okay so is THIS game still running because warhammer is definitely not

On Uthgard there is usually about 1,000 people during primetime. At this moment there are 911 people. I know live is still pretty active, too.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, not going with a raid character first might be rough. On the other hand, Rangers get self buffs and are pretty awesome.

Angry also plays in my guild.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I still play from time to time. RvR in Albion is kind of a joke. If you plan to roll Alb it's all about the stealth/small man. Don't roll a Minstrel if you want to 8man. Just don't do it. Goons are welcome to hit me up on Steam as Kazvall if you need help, or a guild. You probably won't find me in game at random.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyone going to be trying this new Classic/SI freeshard? daoc-origins.net

I guess open beta ends today and after the server wipe everyone starts fresh on thursday. Let's make some mids?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I goofed around on it a bit, and I know a lot of people from Myth (uthgard guild if you dont remember) are rolling there, last I heard. A lot of poo poo was full on broken. They must of been working pretty hard to get so much fixed in 2 months. I submitted about 200 item bugs just from playing a few days. Mostly a lot of duplicate issues on different tiers of loot: Hats being pants, for example.

I'm not so sure it's in a good place with the re-focus of Eden. It went from standard rvr insta 50 clusterfuck, to level fast and old frontiers. It's been seeing a pretty sizeable population. And as of this very moment it's surpassed Uthgard. I've never seen Origins crest 50 players. I'll definitely give it a spin, though. I'm down for any realm. There is going to be a billion bonedancers.

Despite my negativity, I sure as hell hope it succeeds, an even playing field on a classic/si shard will be so loving nice. gently caress rr11s forever.

I saw about 110 players on Origins for the closing of open beta. I'm not so interested in Eden. It's Darkness Falls for PvE(I believe non-pvp, you can cross-realm group) and only Emain/1-2 Battlegrounds for Pvp. Origins is a full classic server with SI. I have high hopes it turns out alright. Starting fresh on a new server could be a lot of fun. Especially since it's OF/Old RA's/1.62 patch, including necromancers and real bonedancers. I plan to play a Shadowblade and a Shaman.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

On further inspection, no buffbot, one account, one realm. So I'm going mid. Warrior most likely. Skald possible. Server goes live in 90 minutes. Gonna poopsock.

gently caress you dude. I'm still at work. If anyone wants to use my mumble its mbl9.gameservers.com. Be on the mumble around 5pm est to see if anyone is on.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can use daoc-portal to get onto the server as well. Just make sure you are updated properly. Also you need to make a game account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

For some horrible reason I want to make a Thane. Someone talk me out of it. Or into it if you like.

Edit: There are like 400 people on right now. But, I'm having a problem connecting.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 16, 2014

• Locked thread