Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Just for laughs, can anybody who still plays this game tell me whether they have balanced Shadowblades vs. the other rogues by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

CopperHound posted:

I'm looking to check out this game again. I've always steered clear of playing a hib, so I'll give it a go and make a Hero.

I'm looking at the different weapon styles to decide what weapon to go with, but I am confused by some of the effects. Is there a difference between Hindered and Snare? Do one or both of those trigger immunity? I assume 'slow' is attack speed.

Hindered doesn't give immunity, which made Celtic Spears the way to go for as a Hero for the spammable permasnare.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost
On the other hand, what happens to everyone when a level 50 Eldritch gets the jump on them is that they get stunned, frown at the Purge button that's still on cooldown, then get nuked to death before the stun is over.

DAoC has a very high dps to hp ratio so it plays much more like an FPS where you can kill three people if you get the jump on them and play right, as opposed to other MMOs where it takes half a minute to kill someone and a 1vs2 is mathematically impossible to win no matter the circumstances.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost
I think I remember that healer, I once sniped you on my kobo runemaster after you had won a fight against somebody else :3

Mordred pretty much died after New Frontiers made PvP more reachable on regular servers (no more waiting 20 minutes for the teleport), and WoW took like 90% of the players of DAoC. By the time Catacombs came out you could walk between the two Hibernia towns unmolested where a few years ago you'd have been ganked a dozen times before you were out of view range of one of them.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

madpanda posted:

Onetime a friend and I rolled kobold shamans, joined shadowclan, and got a bunch of hate tells. Pbaoe disease, dots, chainmain, heals, just nasty.

hoowah! mih still gruk kobo blah!

• Locked thread