Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opinionated
May 29, 2002

SERPUS posted:

Edit: Also, I re-upped an account today that is linked to my EA account, but no matter what I change the password to, the login thing always tells me the account/password are incorrect. This doesn't happen with my main account, just this old one. Anyone else come across this?

I linked my old DAOC account to my EA account that I used for Warhammer and couldn't get in the account after I linked them. I had to call EA support, they didn't even list the game for the EA help website but I put in a request for support to call me anyhow. Sounds like the same issue I had or similar, try http://help.ea.com and choose Talk to a game advisor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Warden, Druid and Mentalist can all heal so they are pretty much the other support classes.

The quests mentioned are the kill quests you get from battlegrounds. Do the tutorial 1-10, it takes about 30 minutes once you know the quests, then if you get a good group in the battlegrounds you can be level 20 in under 2-3 hours. Whatever you do skip the 5-10 battleground, it takes forever. If you run out of quests in the tutorial you are probably a few kills away from level.

Something to note: Druids are great support characters but they lack the ability to solo well, so you really need a group in the BG's to level efficiently.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

They had Spellbinder the 3D FPS that came out a bit before DAOC and a sequel to their game Magestorm. Although I think Magestorm stayed more popular than it, but both were really cool. Also Splatterball their paintball game was fairly popular. Mythic is a great company, I wish they had the funding to make another game.

Here's Magestorm, notice the 3 team colors!

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 16, 2012

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Spellcrafting order for the magnificent Wafflewifyn.

edit: Nevermind Ora got it!

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 8, 2012

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

So that's where you disappeared to, I kept logging in to an empty guild! This is Jeahs. Been busy playing a bunch of different betas and crap, but maybe I'll have to get on my shaman or runemaster on mid sometime!

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I kind of abruptly lost interest, I just can't get into 8man pvp as much anymore. Or like madpanda said the process of finding a group for it. There's still so many awesome things about the game, but it really needs a realm population balance mechanic. Also, gently caress Albion.

I had a lot of fun with Cult, our pvp and pve groups were good times. Thanks a lot for all the help waffle's, you two and the other officers provided a lot of help, answered so many questions and Wafflewifyn spellcrafted like 20 items for me!

My friend I used to play with started up over the weekend so if he sticks around I won't completely quit, just obviously I'm not around much now. Although it seems Stunna and others might be on break too. I have the GFM Ora gave me and I'd like to get it back to him sometime or maybe I can put it in a locked vault? As well as some other items. Hopefully I'll see some of you in the near future.

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 11, 2012

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I'm not getting D3 either. Torchlight 2 all the way.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I'm guessing they are taking their time activating new accounts currently? I made an account last night against my better judgement, no response yet, hoping it doesn't take forever! I had made a second account which wasn't the best idea, but it gave me a MySQL error the first time and didn't realize they weren't automatically authorized.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Thanks for the answers guys. I never got an email but it's working now. Now to decide what I want to make, maybe a Skald or Warrior.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Thanes have one of the coolest looking AOE's in the game by far. It's what made me want to play Midgard the first time I saw the hammers raining down. They have a special place in my heart.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Evernoob posted:

Unbelievable they still did not milk that cow yet.(Un an illuster freeshard as Genesis 12k accounts have been made, 12k x 10$/month at least to be made with 10 year old code. How on earth...

Not to mention all the people that would pay for 2 or more accounts. I really hope the new dev studio realizes the opportunity they have.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Any Cult players left playing? ButtaKnife and LoreofSerpents maybe, eh eh? Hope you all are well. Jeahs here just checking in to see whats up. I was the Light Eldritch among other alts I was obsessed with, when we had a good amount of goons in Cult.

Been reading the thread a bit since people started talking more.

Hoping Uthgard materializes sometime! I always get the itch to play Live again but I worry what the population is like.

Also still very much looking forward to Camelot Unchained. Hoping they have the resources and ability to do great things with it!

edit: Oh also hey Kazvall. I remember playing with you too, are you playing?

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 22, 2015

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

madpanda posted:

Were you the eld that would be doing draco runs like 24x7? If so, i hope you didn't take me teasing you about it 24x7 serious.

I just resubbed, messing around on gaehris.

I don't think that was me, although I did play a lot. I did a good amount of draco runs but not all that many I think. I was an elf eldritch light spec. I remember playing with you some. Had a lot of fun with our raids and gearing in Cult.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I hadn't seen that alpha footage that's on their donation page. Looks as though it's headed in the right direction. Especially impressed with how well the systems seem to be working in alpha. Granted the people in the castle siege footage are the only ones on that server I bet, but it still gets me excited! I definitely get an old school rvr vibe from it.

Glad I backed it. Please be good

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

flare posted:

Surprised to see no new posts about the massive sweeping changes they announced. I'm pretty excited for them, the games meta is super stale.

What was announced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Friar can be a good option too, although most likely not as easy to get groups as a Cleric, Sorcerer or Minstrel. You can solo decently as a Friar and be an off healer. Sorcerer is probably the best for being desired by groups with the ability to solo well, but isn't as newbie friendly as a Cleric or Friar.

• Locked thread