Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
God damnit Mythic just please make DAoC 2 or as my friend and I were theory-splooging about, a Game of Thrones version. I talk to the once head of servers for Camelot every now and then on steam, actually he probably posted in this thread. He said they considered DAoC 2 once, but then got the WAR contract. Woe is us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Are cave shamans any good these days? They never really used to be that good but so fun to play with the endurance chant and mass diseas/dots. I guess now pretty much everyone has access to unlimited endurance though?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Can someone Fraps some general gameplay for us so I can get my fix without reinstalling please :kiddo:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think what i'd be most interesting in coming back for would be to do the old PVE content I never managed to do. Like has anyone here really seen the very end of all nine SI dungeons? I bet you could get up to level required in a couple of weeks too.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'm really dumb but how on earth do I find my old characters and transfer them over? I can't seem to find out how to do it. Also is there a way to consolidate all my existed characters on to one single account?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Thanks man, are the GOA accounts on here? I found my USA one, but my old GOA login doesn't seem to exist.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yep. Can't seem to find any of my old chars! Man this site is god awful, the subscription thing doesn't even work! I have to buy a game card so I don't even get 14 free days. It just says an error occurred.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Oh man alive I somehow got carried away and subbed two separate accounts for this month and still haven't found a single character on them other than some low level stuff. I emailed support and it seems my GOA accounts don't even exist (how the hell do I have this many accounts???)

If anyone would like a buffbot account for the month let me know at mattisaac @ gmail . com because I have a busy month and won't be playing a lot, especially at US times.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I used to pretty much only play mid, so what's a good duo combination to make? I'm guessing either a Druid or Warden (Mentalist?) for the buffing account and a er I dunno. I had a Runemaster, a Warrior and a Hunter on my old account so I've played pretty much everthing. I'm leaning towards a magic user this time round. What's fun to play?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What's the mentalist damage output like? I always thought it would be a bit bad as they have more utility.

Can you still solo hard content ridiculously easy with a focus enchanter?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Brilliant guide! I'm thinking of duoing too, and was thinking Enchanter / Mentalist for the PVE focus shield and mana regen buff with HOTS. The Mentalist doesn't get Resurrection though do they?

Is mana still a problem in DAOC? I don't want to have to sit down to rest every few mobs.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hmm so Chanter / Ment possibly isn't the best anymore. Chanter / Bard? Druid? Help :(

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah sorry to spam but I downloaded that Derida's UI mod thing, put it in the daoc folder. Do I need to do anything extra to get it to work? It's in the menu options or something isn't it?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
In a way I kind of came back for the dated and joyless PvE and I don't know why.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When I get to 50 on my chanter and mentalist I plan on soloing old content :kiddo:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Hah, funny story about the dragons. Since we didn't expect to make it that far, we had no idea how to do that quest. Turns out we were doing it wrong. :downs:

In order to kill the three dragons, we first need to kill a Frontier dragon in each of the three realms' Frontiers and find some crazy guy's sword on Agramon. That sword is used to summon the dragons where Cuuldurach is. Not everyone in the group has to have a sword, so Waffle and I will try to get the swords on our characters and then get another dragonslaying zerg going. But we probably do need 2-3 full groups.

Galladoria will likely require more than one full group, so we might be in good shape for that dungeon if 2 groups show up again.

How well can a Focus shield pet and a few healers/buffers do?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What's the deal with constantly going linkdead? It's happening every few minutes.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I got Midgard pangs again so made a Berserker for a bit. Mids are the best :I

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yeah just email them with details like names of characters on the account, your birthplace and secret question if you know it and they'll reset it.

They didn't find my GOA (main) accounts though or any of the Gareth characters :argh:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What do I do at 45? Cathal seems to get me ganked every 30 seconds!

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ralconn posted:

Go do glass quests in Atlantis and hit 50 then do some real RvR.

Awesome these quests level you so quickly! This game really doesn't cater to newbies or people who haven't played in ages. So I've earned myself like 2000 Atlantean Glass, gone to the Arbiter, bought the Winged Helm Credit and the Complete Thoughts of Hermes book; how do I now get myself a Winged Helm?!

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Ah so you give it BACK to them. Amazing Mythic! You are a great dev in some ways, and in others...

One more stupid question. If I go straight for the 5000 glass turkey and buy ml10 encounter credit, does it cover 1-9 as well or do I have to buy them all together?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Thanks guys for all the help! I can't seem to find this titan but I guess that can wait for a bit:) DAOC needs a Wowhead that isn't crap

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I remember playing a staff blade in Thid. It was such fun, you'd have to bring along about three staves to apply all the poisons and people must have thought it was pretty weird.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a really good template for a Champ? Cost doesn't really matter. I saw some on daoctemplates but they all seem like they could be a bit better.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I love exploring the SI dungeons, but I only really played Mid so only have experience of Iarn, Troll and TG.

Is anyone up for doing Tur Suil, Fomor or Galladoria this weekend? Just for shits n' giggles.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I used to think they looked really awesome and advanced until I started 3d modelling and realised they are basically a sphere with less sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
All I need to do is with the Euromillions and get them to make me a decent Game of Thrones MMO.

• Locked thread