Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

PriNGLeS posted:

Awhile ago. In Molvik. Some bard named Wafflles or something of that nature.
I think Wafflles is an Alb. GoonWaffle doesn't have any Molvik bards, but there are at least 3 Hibs out there who use Waffle names, plus at least one Alb who uses a similar name.

Sorry, the wrong Waffle got your RPs. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Shadokin posted:

I opened the trial but I'm completely lost with my old 50's. What is a good class to start from scratch to refamiliarize with the game while I decide if I want too continue or not?

Pick your realm based on your peak activity time:
If you plan on running in EU time (US daytime): Hibernia. As PriNGLeS mentioned, Herorius runs almost every day for EU, and the European Hibs are very laid back, so it's good practice for getting reacquainted with abilities.
If you plan on running in US primetime: Maybe Midgard? I've heard they're nice to returning players. Hibernia gets really quiet after the EUs log out, although Waffle and I can help you out there. Hib primetime RvR is hit-or-miss until late evening, when all of the zergs are done and it's mostly just 8-mans.
If you plan on stealther action: Albion has stealth groups/mini-zergs that seem like they'd be fun.

For classes, I can only speak to Hibernia, so hopefully someone who plays Mid or Alb can speak to those:
Caster: Lurikeen Eldritch or Mentalist are the big Hib casters for 50 RvR
Melee: Hero is the big one. Champions are also really good at 1-on-1s but it can be harder for them to get grouped. Champs also miss the climbing ability which is basically the best part of playing a Hero.
Stealth: Lurikeen Ranger (recommend spending some time in Molvik for giggles)
Healer: DRUID FOR LIFE (also Wardens are nice)

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Kazvall posted:

I don't think anyone playing live really uses this thread much, anyways.
Pretty much. If Uthgard chat split off, then this thread would just die a quiet death. A few of us who were still playing live got a little burned from the huge revamp Broadsword just did.

• Locked thread