Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I used to play this before any of the expansions came out back in the day on my 56k modem. The only thing I think I will miss from modern games is mouse look. Has that been put in, in the last however many years it has been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really want to be a skald again and yell at people while clobbering them.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

PriNGLeS posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it was in at release, but maybe it was implemented in SI.

Yeah it has mouselook. I ended up downloading and trying out Uthgard. The nostalgia is real.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Well I will definitely be playing on Uthgard when it comes out of beta. How much interest do we have here for it, and any realm preferences?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

ButtaKnife posted:

Hib is always the best choice. :)

I like Warden and VW on Hib the most. Always wanted to be a stealth bastard tho.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I would be more likely to roll Mid or even Alb. I played on Alb more than 10 years ago on live. Memories!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So weird playing this game after almost 15 years. I quit somewhere after SI but before ToA, so playing on Uthgard is like picking up where I left off. Everything is do familiar but at the same time I have forgotten enough that it's a whole new learning curve again.

Is there a way to use the new cata models on Uthgard?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Where's the option to select that? I followed the instructions on their website but it's still using all the old models in game.

I made sure no of the classic options were enabled when I configured on first run too.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 17, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kazvall posted:

At the character select screen, when you click on options, you'll find the option to look at which figure versions you have selected.

Could have sworn I checked all that but I'll have another look when I get home, cheers.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Uthgard has been pretty good so far. I've tried out all the realms and it feels pretty faithful to the patch level they are trying to emulate. Looking forward to testing the boosted characters because I'm not leveling that far only to have it wiped when it goes live.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Would love to play again but it just takes too dang long to level and I have other games to play. Would totally be a mana bitch sorcerer again though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

boho posted:

Please, for gently caress's sake, pick a majority realm and stick to it.

This will never happen.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Yeah i think i will roll up a sorc and be super casual about leveling otherwise I will just burn out.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Got a link for Origins?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there still a free thing on live or a trial? Would be interested to see how the game has changed since I last played live in TOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've been messing around on Uthgard, but I'm super casual so it's hard to get groups. Anyone else playing on Uth? Don't care what realm.

• Locked thread