Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

They also didn't even reset the relics that were taken via hacking if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So how active are you hib goons on live, especially on weekday evenings?

I'm bored of everything again and considering coming back if I have 7 free days.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

nousername posted:

I'm pretty sad about this. I think I've finally reached a point in my life where I can't pick up DAOC anymore. It's taken a while, but now I work a job that doesn't allow much to be done (at least on uthgard) with the level grind that I remember. Please, fellow DAOC players, murder in my absence.

This is where I'm at.

I love the nostalgia and all, but I have a full time job with a wife and 2 year old, I just straight up don't have the time to keep up with people.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I don't even know what I would play in alb. It seems like half the people here said they wanted to make a sorc.

I think if I were to pick it back up I'd play a merc or arms.

What are the power regen classes of alb again? Friar and...something? God it's been so long.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

One time drops were a huge thing back in vanilla daoc. Look up a list of those and that should help gear you out a bit, though you'll probably have to go to the ends of the realm to get them.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

angry muppet posted:

I'm still messing around on live. Kinda playing every realm on and off.

How is it these days?

I've been considering coming back for like 2 weeks but haven't committed yet. I have the game installed but haven't reactivated. I have stuff on mid and hib mostly, and probably the most I'd do is level up something to solo/small man in the 35 bg or just run with whatever I can find on a level 50 in either realm.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

angry muppet posted:

The BGs are pretty active during euro/NA primetime. Leveling up new toons is super fast as long as whatever you're leveling has some kind of damage. A lot of classes are pretty viable to solo too.

50 RvR can be tricky sometimes to get a group, depending on what style of play you want. Hib has a super low population in NA primetime but if you're a bard, druid, or rej warden then you should ge ta group and make some solid rps. Mid I can't really say about getting groups, I only play a stealther at 50. There's a zerg every night, I guess.

Overall, it's probably worth $15 if you have a few hours every other day to play.

So basically sounds like it was a year ago and nothing has changed. Really wanted to play my hib character (eldritch), could never find a group in NA prime time, so I ended up running with the zerg in mid for a few days until that got old.

I still have plenty of fun just loving around on new characters and all but I know I'll flame out in around 2 weeks. Probably will still do it anyway.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I resubbed earlier this week, logged into my characters, redeemed all the free poo poo they're giving out for coming back I guess, and then haven't logged in since. I need to find a character to play in Molvik again I think to get my interest going. Doesn't help that every single one of my characters has been respec'd and I can't remember a lot of the good specs anymore.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Twlight posted:

If your on alb I can help you with whatever you need

Its pretty much the only realm I have next to nothing on. I was always a mid player, and I dabbled a little bit with hib to play with the Waffles/goons a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Pringles, when do you guys normally play? I tried a couple months ago but lasted like a day because I had nobody to play with. I have characters on hib (eld, ranger, hero, and one other thing I can't remember I think).

• Locked thread