Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Kejek posted:

Kinda boned myself atm running with the XP BG Zerg. Whoops.

Level 40 as a melee with no gear doesn't work very well. No money either. Oops hah

Yeah, it's pretty rough. I'll throw whatever spare stuff I have to you. What are you/what's your name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Nosthula posted:

Thanks I ran the client installer but wasn't sure if I was supposed to let it patch up to retail or not prior to running the client patch.

I believe the daoc portal will patch it down/it supports the latest game.dll version. If not, you can always search for 1.109 game.dll.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Nosthula posted:

DAoC portal was no longer showing the server but I was able to get patched up using the origins portal. It did successfully downgrade the version. Thanks for the help. No clue what I would like to play. Unfortunately I will not have much time to play.

Yeah, the server is being goofy right now, it's not showing up on the DOL server list (daoc portal). Playing a support class of some kind would probably be your best bet if you don't have a lot of time to play. Easier to get in to a group.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Nosthula posted:

What is a good shaman spec?

If you're not going to abuse the zerg xp, an aug healer would be your better bet. They can solo reasonably well until 40. Shamans can solo very well, but they have to spec in to cave, which makes groups hate you forever.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

why runemaster over eldritch?

Because we're playing Mid. And the server is 1 account 1 realm.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kejek posted:

Well, the zerg xp has been nerfed. Sadly running around trying to kill greens to find some gear. In hindsight, that zerg probably wasn't the best idea.

I got pretty lucky and I had a full suit of ROG chain/weapon when I finished there. The server has been extremely unstable today. They definitely hosed something up. The epic quests are extremely easy. You could duo the viking with a healer.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

Im prayin this one time drop works http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=1702Welp no hammer otherwise its competing for greens in spindelhalla for god knows how long. Every quest I have investigated with a weapon reward has not been present :(

Watching hibs take keeps on twitch while midgard lags hard and resets every 10 seconds.

What level are you?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

47, its weird that midgard, jordheim, aegir and midgards dungeons are all encumbered with lag whilst the mids in albions frontier are apparently fine. I for one blame animist mushrooms and people using elemental weapon procs against dragons.

Do quests. You'll get 50.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard&cquest=3187 Can be repeated 3 times. Will be like 1.4 levels.
The si neck quest is about 5 bubs. http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard&cquest=637

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

makes sense. I'm gussing OP info is not up to date then. Is this on Ywain? How do I join in?

This is on a new free server called Origins. http://daoc-origins.net/
I think live is devoid of goons.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Can I get a list of all the goon names on Origins so far?
I got Tanreall and Sersly. Who else is playing? Trying to get everyone in guild.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Minclark posted:

Zippo

Someone was in mumble yesterday trying to get everyone in Myth and they have a ts setup and everything. From the stats it looks like one of the stronger guilds in Midguard.

I have been having trouble logging in ever since I walked into the capital city. It says 900+ players connected but the server status is ??? and it tell me the service is unavailable. (tried several times over the course of 3 days)

Has it been down that often or am I missing something here. Anyone have any suggestions?

It's been fairly unstable lately. I think you've just had bad luck. It's been up more than down by far, but it's still laggy. But they're working pretty hard and over the course of today stability has improved significantly.

That was me trying to get everyone in Myth. Tanreall and Sersly are in. And on that note, I'm going to be switching guilds to some buddies on Midgard that have finally rolled over and merged with a high-end conglomerate of German guilds. Myth is great for a casual atmosphere and casual playstyle. But if you want to RvR it's really not the place to be.

I've spoken with the leadership of this new one and all are definitely welcome to it. They seem to be more focused and concentrated on getting set up in a timely fashion. The leadership of Myth is extremely concentrated and, really, not all that active.

I would imagine Tanreall and Sersly could stay in Myth and blend in without worry if you so choose. The problem is I didn't really know anyone in Myth and just got grandfathered in by having a character from Uthgard in the guild.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

gepgepgep posted:

Is this the same <Myth> from Mid/Merlin?

Yes it is.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

Whoa, a bunch of posts. Is leveling easier this time around? I'm wanting to play some DAoC!

Soloing is just as slow as it was way back when. But there's massive group bonuses. Up to a net gain on a yellow mob with 8 people vs soloing.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
The 800 player cap is going to hurt for now. But I'll get you guys in asap. (If we can ever log on.)

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

What mid classes are ya'll playing? I haven't been able to login yet to roll.

I'm playing a warrior. Sersly and Tanreall are both savages. Don't roll a savage, everyone is a savage.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

Can someone explain how to install this? The instructions are incredibly vague. Do I install the stand alone patch or not? Everytime the launcher tried updating the old frontiers map the launcher crashed.

Download/install/patch on the ***MYTHIC*** client. Like you were going to play live. Download DAoCPortal from http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/ . Make an account on Origins. (Forums account. Do that. Click Board Index (After you log in), then Create Account (This is creating your Game Account), Select mid. Open DAoC portal, click the server, enter your credentials on the right, click play.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

boho posted:

What race for Shaman? And someone give me a Subterranean build; I assume the modern spell lists are totally wrong. Shaman don't autotrain anything do they?

http://web.archive.org/web/20031206055110/www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/
You can also get spell lists, style lists, etc off that link.

Kobold is "optimal", high dex, fast casts. But you stick out like a sore thumb.
Troll is kind of a gimmick and really only works in groups with lots of trolls. You basically run in to the fight with your tanks then play from there after enemy melee dps has already ran past you/casters have pre-kited away from you.

Believe cave shaman specs are like: 41 cave (last dd/bolt), 32 aug(yellow end. absolutely necessary), 14 mend(leftovers). And no, shamans don't auto train.

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 22, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
You'll need to find game.dll 1.109. (It's not hard.)
Does it not give you an error message after a few seconds of not loading?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

It just closes when I click anything. I installed their patch but the server seems to be down. I'll give it a go once it comes back up.

It is currently down and in the process of coming back up. Did you get the 1.109 dll?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

edit: I downloaded it, it's still showing as 1.114 though. I don't know what the hell ugh.

Well did you put it in your folder?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

boho posted:

Welp I can't see to register an account. Guess it's getting hammered.

Website seems to be working fine for me.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I might get into this. I just found out Warhammer Online closed down which made me sad. But I remember that this game was it's precursor. Is it true this still runs a subscription model (I know it says that in the OP, I'm just making sure it hasn't changed yet).
Read the last like 60 posts.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Rolling caster group with some Mordred friends on Hib.

Hit me up on Peel if anyone wants to level/group. Currently level 34ish.

Scum.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Not gonna lie. I skimmed through the last 3 pages and I think the only thing I got out of it is that there may be a free private server. Is that true? I didn't see any links pointing to one so I'm probably just bad at reading.

Err I think this is it: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/

Is this what everyone here is playing on? Do people even still use the original servers?

I just made a detailed step by step instruction on how to play on this new server like 10 posts up.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

How do I enable fullscreen mode? I'm dropping FPS like crazy.

Option screen at char select.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Brose posted:

Since I have nothing but connectivity issues with the official server, I may as well try out this free shard. I suppose it reverts back to the days where it took forever to level?

Not really. The group bonus increases per member of the group instead of mobs chaining together. Leveling as an 8 man group is very fast. It'll take a few days, but still faster than it was. If you want to solo it's slow as poo poo.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I think the issue is one of the game masters/forum dudes/community/notsurewhatheactuallydoes people has been out sick or some poo poo with an eye infection. Also the website has been down for about 18 hours.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Yeeeeep.

Also, what realm you playing man? Come to hiiiiiib.

I already have a 50 warrior and I'm 2L7!!!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Ugh, I cant play mid again...too many times. Well, if you want to join the dark side I got an 8man guild set up. :cheers:

I only played hib on live so it's fairly fresh for me. Too bad there's no 8v8 yet. All zerg.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Who are you on this irc, Woodhouse? So I know to troll you harder. Also in game, too.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

kainashi posted:

Looks like Uthgard is closing up shop to work on completing their work without any distractions and relaunching later on. :(

Only took their server completely tanking to finally come to terms with what was wrong with their server after completely ignoring that fact and continuously implementing changes to the opposite for years.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Origins main page mentions a brand new server. Server only as in machine to run the thing, or will there be a 2nd parallel server like Ywain and Mordred (but not mordred rules ofc.)

I hope and believe it will only be a single shard.

no

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Do we have some sort of guildroster or such? I'm not sure what i'm going to play but it will probably a dorf healer, since that is one class I never got to play last decade.

At 50 in Mid we have:
Wrex (Me) - 50 Warrior
Tanreall - 50 Savage
Sersly - 50 Savage
A couple of other goons that were doing a healer/warrior duo. Not sure what level they're up to.
Hit any of us up and we'd be happy to get you in to the guild we're in. (and should be staying in, this time) Buris Kinder.

Healers/shamans/runies are definitely the least played in the entire realm, as you'd expect.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Minclark posted:

I play a runie but hes level 10 and I also have a healer he just hit 5!

Tell the servers to stabilize and I should be able ot level a bit more here in the next two weeks.

Server's repeatedly making GBS threads all over itself, they broke something fierce, and per the usual haven't issued a statement. They just kind of let it roll. Main zones immediately lock up after server reboots. Atleast for Mid.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Are the Uthgard staff a bunch of whiny faggots, or what? Oh gee another server came out that's more popular! We better close shop.

Yes, they are.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

ggschmitty posted:

Server stability is hot garbage. Like 4 days ago was great, dunno what changed!

They fixed something.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Tomed2000 posted:

What server/channel for IRC? Also someone should really post a new thread for origins. I found out about the server elsewhere and the OP didn't even mention it.

Read threads, not OPs. quakenet #origins.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

TouchToneDialing posted:

It takes me probably 10 attempts to get onto the server then I seem to get disconnected after about 15 minutes. I guess everyone else is having the same problem or is it my end?

It's the server. It's severely hosed at the moment. Constant reboots, zones freezing, etc. It's being worked on.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

TouchToneDialing posted:

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt my end. Im in as Polemarch. Going to try a skald.

Send a tell to one of the Mid folks I listed a few posts up. We'll get you in the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I just started, I haven't played before so I can see how dated this game is, but I do want to like it so does anyone have any tips to make this nicer? I had the resolution up and all the menus were super small and unreadable, so I turned the resolution down. Can you not resize the map? Or make it fullscreen? Also is there any way to enable strafing while holding the right mouse button?

Maps aren't really super important in this game. They're mostly dumb maps without much interaction. Just learn to use your strafe keys. You miss melee hits if you're strafing. It's part of the combat system.

• Locked thread