Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
"Roving bands of smite clerics are ruining rvr!" - Dec 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Dibs on buffbot druid

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Anyone that hangs out on the uthgard irc know what the deal is with the website? It's been down for several days.

Anyone who hangs out in uthgard irc is no friend of mine.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
The real hype is going to be how fast I can download the game and get it installed on 90kbps internet.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Make some women's panties with the Albion cup and I'll buy a few pairs.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I don't think Uthgard will come to fruition.

That being said, I do have an itch to beat on my drum again.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

DrLaserfalcon posted:

This game swallowed about three years of my life at one point.

I think I played for 4 years straight when it first launched in 2001, then I've played at least once a year for the last 10 years.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Serpus, your name sounds familiar to me. Does Skystrider ring a bell? Hibernia Percival?

Yes! I was an Alb there. I think I also remember your name from the VN boards.

And yes, I did end up with the original Apoc sword ... which I still have! Its on my paladin now. Its certainly not as great as a summoners sword, or a really well crafted 2-hander, but it has a unique model and bright yellow flames. A few years ago when I reupped, I wore it on my 2h hogre armsman, and the model scaled to the size of the ogre, and it was huuuuge.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Camelot Unchained: Boob Sliders and Buttwings

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Watching people one shot greys was hilarious, especially in the early days when everyone was still leveling.

My roommate used to sit in the ant valley near the Hib border keep and wipe out swarms of little hibbies.

I just remembered his other thing: sitting in Frontier portal keeps, one shotting people zoning in.

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 7, 2015

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Doesn't empathy reduce the variance on your heal amounts, or reduce the amount of mana spent per heal? Something like that.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
When I messed with DoL about 3 years ago, I was able to set up the server, allow account creations, and have people log in with new characters and that was it. The world was completely barren of NPCs. The only thing that was there were static objects and zone walls. As soon as I realized how much effort was needed to get beyond that, I just resubbed to Live and moved on with life.

I know that now there are custom mob packs that will populate the world, and there are even some nice server admins that release quest scripting packs.

edit: And I'll be on Letanthis tonight on whatever realm has nobody playing, which looks like Hib Alb according to the login screen. I'm downloading their custom client which is only 3.7Gb.

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 18, 2015

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Lethantis is definitely an "alpha". In chat today, they said there would probably be a wipe in a few weeks. The xp rate is alright; you can easily kill reds from 1-10. They start you out with 100g so you can just go buy a bunch of level 10 vender gear. I don't think I'm going to invest any time in it as it stands. I hate grinding in any mmo just to get wiped and have to start over.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Percival Alb.

I've played every realm, so if/when I come back to live, it doesn't matter where I settle down.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Albion/Guinevere. Zhalfer/Zhyres/Kazvall.

I was a Mid Guin for a while, in the Kobold Insurrection guild.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
The kobold cyber got REALLY weird sometimes.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Anyone know how often you get the free 7 days?

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Buttaknife add me on steam.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I suck. I went to reactivate and I'm not eligible.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I had that happen to one of my accounts. I called Mythic support and they said my account was somehow corrupted, but all they needed to do was restore an archived copy. I hadn't played the account in so long that I wouldn't even be rolled back. I think it took them about 4-5 business to get it restored, but after that everything worked fine. For reference, it was an account that hadn't been logged into since around 2006, before the merged clusters.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Here's my Mordred story:

It's 2003 and I'm already aware of the server's ruthless reputation towards newbies, but by now I'm a grizzled vet of the game: I can handle anything. I decide to forgo playing a decent solo class, so I'm sure that a mana ment will be great for this server. My thought is that I'll just hide on top of and behind things and dot people as they run by and just collect free xp. The first 10 levels move by pretty quickly, I spent most of my time outside of Mag Mell and Ardee just baseline nuking greens and blues. As soon as I hit 11, I head off for DF since I heard that there are some really sweet xp groups there. Nope, the place is empty, and a orange con blademaster or some poo poo kills me at the stairs. I quickly release back home and decide to head south to Howth. Nope, a trio of lurikeens is at the blackwoods and run me down as soon as I reach clip distance. So alright gently caress it, I'll go behind MM and shoot loughrie men in the trees. Nope, some guy has hidden his buffbot back there... and kills me with it. I finally decide to ask in chat if there are any 10-15 xp groups, and a response says to come to CM for a lowbie PL group. Ignoring better judgement, I start hoofing it at 2003-era run speed, again avoiding the buffbot behind MM. I come over the crest and see the entrance to the mines up ahead, but at the bottom of the hill is some purple con Highlander running straight at me with a lute in hand. I start sprinting towards the cave, and zone in JUST as I'm hit for nearly 75% health with a minstrel DD.

I zone into Coruscating Mines to see my group waiting for me. They have a warden, an enchanter, a druid, and a elf champion. This is going to be some sweet xp, plus we'll probably clear out the mines of any other xp groups. They'lll keep me around for my sweet mana regen and aggro-less hots. I've got it made here, I'm going to get established on Mordred! loving nope, as soon as I take a step the champ runs up and shield slams me and the chanter pbae's me down in one hit. They then head off down into the mines for xp. It was absolutely brilliant.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Got banned from Letanthis for saying "laggy today". They took it as a personal insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I play vicariously through your posts.

• Locked thread