Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

Ugh. I had 7 free days on live so I hopped in. The game is still somewhat fun but I hate zerging and that's the only groups I can seem to get. On mid the only people picking me up were the Xyorman zerg. On hib I asked for a group for a while and nobody responded whatsoever so I just eventually gave up.

Molvik is still fun-ish when you get the one or two solo fights between getting killed by 2 full groups of hibs.

I want to have fun again DAoC stop being terrible.

Grouping is very cliquey on live now. It's really hard to get quality groups that don't involve BG's. I know they're also working on the LFG window to make it easier to use and find groups, so the devs are definitely aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alb/Percival back in the day.

I've mostly all alb toons with some hibs in there somewhere. I'm on alb once or twice a week to see if anything is going on, usually under Gnusong my mini.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
rvr is hopping this weekend, and they've got some weekend bonuses happening as well. cmon enjoy live!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kazvall posted:

Live isn't too bad. There's plenty of action but I still hate NF. If the new patch is alright I might resub for a bit. The problem is they KILLED DF until then. My fully geared Paladin almost died to a red mahr. I had to use IP. No one even goes there. I wish they would just make a classic server. I feel like the game was better without 100 timer/arty/etc abilities. Until Uthgard comes back(lol) this is the only way to get my sweet RvR fix. Hopefully someone will realize there might be money if they made an OF map with agramon tacked on.

DF has been completely retooled and is hopping now. They've updated a bunch of items inside of DF and now are the top tier for the moment ( they are working on their first PvE updates and those will be pushed soon ). But run df a bit, people are doing prince runs again!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Live has been really strong as of late, they're doing a whole new quest chain with new items and just finished an rvr centered quest which was pretty neat as well. What realms are you guys playing on? And at what times? It seems that Hib is really strong during EU primetime but is smaller during US primetime, with alb and mid being strong during the US prime times.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

im gay posted:

I made a Skald during the 14-day free trial and it was pretty easy to level. Not much community though and Midgard seems the lowest pop. Can't even exit the BG keeps without getting killed.

some of the BGs are just terrible for leveling, Molvik being the worst since everyone usually is templated, and working in 8v8 groups ganking xpers. I found that most of the quests up to 35ish have been reworked in the main zone ( Albion in my case I would assume they've done mid/hib as well ) to provide more xp as well as a set progression with armor, weapons and such to get new players off the ground. I'm not sure of the bigger guilds on Mid but I know there are plenty of larger guilds looking for new players in Albion. Which usually come with a strong alliance/access to crafters etc etc.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
if anyone is on albion live send a shout over on Gnusong, I usually run nights and can help whenever possible

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Stay alb its the jammy-ist of the realms. What ML10 weapons are you looking for I may just have them

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
edit: nm this isn't live.

Twlight fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 26, 2016

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

admiral.baby posted:

Ditto. How viable is live w/o a buffbot?

Live is do-able without a bot, you can buy full buff tokens which last for 90+ min. They don't match a full buffbot with 25% to stat enhancement, but for getting up to speed and dipping your feet in they're more than sufficient. You can also buy/make potions which give you exactly the same buffs and carry them with you, they also have introduced Celerity pots for weapon haste. Live has always been fun, issues with TOA are non existant really any more and beyond a few artifacts which you can buy with glass, or bounty points it makes kitting out a new character quite quick.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

bongsnake posted:

I made a trial account on live servers and am currently leveling up a minstrel.

Anyone still play albs on here ?

I've taken a bit of a break lately but I still play on alb a tad. If you need a hand with any mini stuff I've got a decently high level one. Gnusong is the char name

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

ButtaKnife posted:

I tweaked the OP to be a bit more clear in the header about Uthgard.

Also, since I don't recall (and didn't see) a follow-up post about the patch 1.121 changes that went live a few weeks ago on the official servers, check out these changes:
http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121-live-patch-notes

...and then the subsequent hotfixes/tweak patches:
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121-hot-fix-and-client-update
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121-hot-fix-and-client-update-2
http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121b-live-patch-notes
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/1121c-hot-fix-update
Those, in a nutshell, are Broadsword continuing to tweak things since patch 1.121 was so massive. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan. So many things were changed or added that I don't really think it's DAoC any more.

I think its a great thing really, the meta was super stale, and its a good thing that they're trying to mix things up and change how classes work and what are the best setups.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jessant posted:

Sorcerors and Hunters you just have to land the charm spell once and the pet is yours until one of you dies. Mincer and Mentalist sing a charm song that pulses a charm attempt every 8 seconds and if two attempts in a row are resisted the pet gets loose and tries to kill them. Mobs are exactly the same once charmed and they scale much better with Cleric buffs than players do.
There is a (probably incomplete and possibly wrong on Uthgard) list of good pets here http://charm.enygma.net/archives.html the Sorceror spec on that webpage is an all in solo spec that most groups would be salty about grouping you with until level 40 or something (they only really care about power regen).

A Sorceror with any spec more sensible than ALL MIND ALL THE TIME I ONLY EVER CAST MEZ IN GROUPS will be a good solo class.

For the minstrel the pet charm is a very powerful tool, as you can charm pets above your level, I've never played a mentalist but I think the charm works the same way. I think Uthgard doesn't have the free lvl 50 charm for the minstrel which will "hard" charm a pet so it wont break. Also using the pet to break roots/mez's as the mini is a great tool as you can drop charm, the pet will break the root by attacking, then you can charm the pet again.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking of going back to live. is anyone actually playing on live? Uthgard holds no interest for me :(

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

I wasn't playing a year ago but yeah, from what I understand hib in US primetime has been this way for some time. It's a shame because I'd like to be playing hib right now too but it's really hard to get a group even if you're decent RR.

You might have to go on post count and idle in the irc they have setup. Usually people looking for dropins for groups. Ita terrible forum / community however so be warned.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

The new official discord is quite a bit less toxic than IRC, but even then it can be tricky to land a group if you don't know people. I really only end up playing with people I knew back in the day that are euro.

I didn't know they had a discord. I'll look around for it on PostCount

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

So I resubbed earlier this week, logged into my characters, redeemed all the free poo poo they're giving out for coming back I guess, and then haven't logged in since. I need to find a character to play in Molvik again I think to get my interest going. Doesn't help that every single one of my characters has been respec'd and I can't remember a lot of the good specs anymore.

If your on alb I can help you with whatever you need

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

Its pretty much the only realm I have next to nothing on. I was always a mid player, and I dabbled a little bit with hib to play with the Waffles/goons a few years ago.

Whenever are you on usually I can help you run through some stuff and give you some cash to get started on alb.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

Anyone trying out the come back to camelot free month?

It's been pretty insane with huge RP bonuses.

Solo action has been really good and the ghost keep stuff has kept it interesting for sure

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Phoix posted:

How did stealthers on live pan out after the changes? Not having to juggle a dozen weapons sounded nice.

edit: oh christ how do I spec a Nightshade now there are so many new skills

Specing 50 stealth is a thing now with free vanish, as well as your poisons.

Here is the hib stealther page on PC: http://www.postcount.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Hibernian-Stealthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Prism posted:

How do servers work on live nowadays? Are all the Ywains linked so I don't have to worry about it or do I have to pick one of the numbers? I took advantage of the 30 days for returning players thing out of sheer curiosity but I haven't played since about Trials of Atlantis.

Maybe I should just hit up Origins for the nostalgia and figure out where goons are on it. At least then it's free if I stick around.

Edit: or Uthgard, apparently. Gotta learn my freeshards.

its all just a single Ywain, you have a home Ywain ( like Ywain1 or Ywain9 ) all that has to do with is housing. Go talk to the king in your capital city and he'll give you some armor and weapons, play around in a BG and you'll be fine in no time.

• Locked thread