Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I'm also playing mid at the moment. Characters are Brainmeat & Lashmeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Copperhound: check out postcount.net. a lot of the VN vets went over there and they have a good source of templates transferred over. Also thanks for being our skald angry

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
it seems as if my 14 days are up again. I'm reactivating and playing since I've already gotten bored with gw2

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I'm waiting for my free 14 days to pop up then I'll be hopping on the official servers I think. Maybe I should try out this custom server?

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

PriNGLeS posted:

It's more of an SI era server instead of custom. They have a couple of custom zones to make up for the lack of actual SI content, which has been in development for quite awhile.

It's a good server, all in all, regular bug fixes, active GM/Dev team. But it is hosted in Germany, and the majority of the population is European. So if you play during North American hours you may find it a bit dead. The population takes a nose dive in the early evening CST.

I play mostly nights so I guess it would work out pretty well. Is there an active goon group on there?

Also to the dude who wants to play on a stealther account: I might be reactivating pretty soon but I dunno if you'd be down to share since I still want to play. I have an SB/berserker on mid both completely templated, and a nightshade who is templated on hib and a ranger that is untemplated. I also have another account with buffbots on both sides.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

CactarHero posted:

It is my understanding that this is currently disabled as they migrated to the new account activation system and there is no ETA on when it will be back. I have two open accounts on live so I can update you dudes in this thread if this is wrong or if this changes.

Well if that's the case I'll just wait until they respond to my ticket and I'll go ahead and reactivate

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Yeah I'm down to run a stealther duo/trio. My Nightshade and I will be around on the 11th for sure.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

CactarHero posted:

Okay guys, sorry about the wait. I'm back home from vacation. I can do that sc, pop in on Uthgard or do anything else we've been talking about.

I will be reactivating my accounts either today or tomorrow if you're still interested in running a stealther duo/trio.

make that tomorrow since my check hasn't posted yet

nousername fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 14, 2013

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
In on Antilash and Garbagetruck - hibernia (on ywain)

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

ggschmitty posted:

me and lash are running a hib stealther duo and everyone should make rangers/nightshades to join us!

You all should do it it's super fun!

In regards to the post above mine:

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?24-UI-s-Programs-And-More

try there I think those UI's are all updated and they have some other links to stuff you might be interested in under that.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

Snaxxor posted:

Anyone still playing Hib? Thinking of reactivating, I have everything and a bot account....

Schepps and I are playing stealthers!

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
We are totally rocking out in a stealther guild playing cool stealthers. If you need anything I'm antilash/rovyn and you can hit me up in game like snackers said!

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

Snaxxor posted:

Missing out on playing with my goon buddies, if I did some major mistake of etiquette please let me know. Would like to earn realm points with friends of Hibernia goons if available.

This is antilash. We're messing around on alb land at the moment checking everything out and just generally screwing around. We miss you too :D I'm braenmeat on alb side at the moment but give me a message and I'll give you a vent info we hang out on.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
yeah we're playing on ywain. We have a good stealther guild on hib side and we're playing with a few people on alb side at the moment as well.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
They nerfed the gold you receive from glass by a substantial amount. The xp is less as well so now days it's more efficient to run the CV quests to hit 50. If you're looking to level champion levels then it's still a good option as it gives 2k+ per quest.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Serpus, What realm are you playing on origins? Mid I assume?

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

SERPUS posted:

Yeah, I still have that sword to this day. Its crap compared to the more modern drops, but it sure looks awesome.

I am on Mid, just not sure what I want to be. I made a hunter and got to level 9 before I realized that we're so far back that bows use arrows and aren't magic skills. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think my account is definitely locked to Midgard now.

aw I ask cuz I miss you from our stint on live when schepps and I were playing stealthers and we're playing hib on origins now.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
There's also this reply to someone that's buried in one of the threads:

Minotaur wrote:
If they could fix the lag than they would have done it. That seems to be the point, they don't know how to fix the lag.

CODY: I believe we do know how to fix it but it isn't a quick fix. We will fix it in a few days. That isn't good enough for some people but it's the way it is.

So here's hoping that is coming this week and they don't break something horribly

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
copy the DAOC folder to a different place, use mojo, set a custom path for that specific account, run the game and it will update your game.dll to the current version.

Did this last night when I wanted to check out how live is doing. if you have questions just ask and I can try and give you more guidance.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Well since everyone else is doing it? I'll play wherever goons play when I'm not playing on genesis (which at this time is hardly ever since the server is crazy)

I have stealthers on every realm and a zerk on mid, champ on hib, and a wizard on alb and every character is very templated.

Also my account hasn't actually been charged in months and is still running so I've pretty much been playing live for free for about a year now and I don't really understand why.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Excellent glad I could help. If anyone needs it to play on live just send me a PM here with your email and I'll send it out.

edit: also I'm BRAINMEAT TASTYTREAT on mid so hit me up

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
They added mord transfers a couple of patches ago. There's an NPC right inside housing to help you get started once you transfer your dudes over!

I'm not planning on jumping from genesis though. I like that server and the community but they just need to hammer out some bugs. I'll prolly end up playing both uth and origins I guess once that's back up.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Yeah I'm really enjoying my playtime there and I REALLY hope they iron out everything soon. That would make me pretty much the happiest person on the planet. I just ran some 8v8 on my zerk and it was just way crazier than it is on genesis. So many things you have to worry about. I also agree on really loving getting back in to old frontiers and stuff.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

bongsnake posted:

Got to level 10 on an infiltrator and 9 on a friar.

Going to be playing more albs today if anyone is keen.

What server? live I assume? I don't even know who's playing where anymore

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I have stealthers on all 3 realms that are completely temped and my favorite happens to be my inf in alb Kazvall. We might have to arrange a time to play if you're interested! I have buffbuts on all 3 as well.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

Rannison posted:

Genesis bros: I know that, generally speaking, healers/CC and such are more needed than dps and such but I'll be playing HIBERNIA on Genesis and was gonna see if anything is under represented before I devoted myself to a class.

I played Hibernia on Live [Gawaine] mostly as a r6 animist, r6 bainshee, r7 blademaster and r6 bard so [given time to get back into the swing] I'm comfortable on any of those but I've also mostly played healers since then so really anything would work.

Who were you on gawaine if you don't mind me asking? Also BM's, enchanters, elds, and druid/bard are all fairly popular. I have a BM and an animist for farming on hib side if you wanna hit me up my name is Lash on my BM and Porta on my animimst. I've been playing my savage more on mid side now days, but if you need me for any fun things I can hop over and help out.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
HAY! I'm still around here and there. I hop on teamspeak to get a hold of you but you're never on! I've been extremely busy though lately since I start working next week. I am trying to get everything in order since I also have to get an apartment by this saturday/sunday and move everything I have up to Austin.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I have steam? You can hit me up on there. my username is Lash and I have an icon of a moose.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I'm rolling with that pringles chump so we need a third.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

ggschmitty posted:

Good ole castertroy I bet

For uthgard me (schnoodles/schepps) and lash are both down for hib. Reading all these posts has me feelin the itch again, maybe it's time to resub on live. I had so much fun with our smallman alb stealth group with serpus, and uh, everyone else I can't remember right now.

AWYEAH Hib time on uthgard is going to be excellent.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I'm in, what realm/etc.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
er, yeah mordred-like. Didn't even think about that. ALRIGHT now that I'm done being an idiot.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
If we're doing a stealth group, I'll rock an inf

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Finally in as shareholder, Lash, and brainmeat for various things

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Lethantis started an itch that I couldn't scratch, so I'm playing live right now with pringles on alb if anyone is interested. Pretty good action lately.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Come play live. I'm a body/mind sorc (or body if someone wants to take over that spot) and pringles is a baller minst.

That and we'd like a group of people to smallman/8man with regularly instead of just duoing and poo poo

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I have a second account with like 4 clerics on it from 40-50. Once housing is up I can temp one for you or I could bust out an armsman and minstrel on my 2 accounts and level with you. Or a necro... Or a cabalist... Or something

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I ran supplies quest in an off time from CL 1-15 and it only takes about 2 hours (quick tip: if your home realm maze/keep aren't working out, port/boat to a different realm and do it there). As far as glass, they seem to have removed the repeatable versions in green glades, so the best way to XP is probably anything but that. It still only takes a few hours to BG quest from 1-50 though and you really want the BPs now. Plus, as stated earlier, the supplies quest can give shards for the high end gear which you might need for templates.

Oh also, my character name on alb is "Whoislash"

nousername fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 9, 2016

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

LoreOfSerpents posted:

The way to do MLs now is to accumulate bounty points by leveling in the battlegrounds, and then use your BPs to buy MLs. You can also use BPs to buy artifacts.

You still have to level the arties the old-fashioned way, though. :argh:

people sell it for like 10p now for a full ml1-10 credit, and you can make 10p just doing the supplies quest for a few hours while you're getting CL experience, so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
omg HI SCHMITTY MESSAGE ME ON STEAM

• Locked thread