Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
I want to get a Nightshade to 24 and play in the battlegrounds :) Are the BG quests the fastest way or is there a quicker way, and will the BP gear i can buy be suitable or am I going to get my arse kicked? Also are there buff npcs in Thidranki? :) I haven't played for like 7 years and it's weird to get used to the game again :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Some guys invited me to their group in the 10-14 BG and told me to just stand near the quest NPCs, and every 2 mins or so the quests are completed, i just hand in and pick up again :) We're in the next BG now and i'm level 18 now :D

Edit - Umm so what's a good 24 NS spec? i'm guessing high PA and stealth.. are there any items available with + stealth? I'm guessing that helps against other stealthers.

I'm actually having an issue where when i use my shift key whilst typing in the chat window, it brings my cursor to the front of the window so i can't click to the end of the sentence to carry on writing and my sentence usually begins with a punctuation mark (as i was trying to do a ? at the end of the sentence with shift that caused it), does any one know how to fix this? 'Shift' isn't configured to anything as far as i can tell :(

Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 15, 2012

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I've almost got a Spiritmaster to level 50 :) Does anyone have a template or anything for SMs? I'm not even sure which spec to use at 50, presumably I'll be PvEing for a while getting gear etc so I'll probably try Summoning

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

That sounds really cool but it'll be a long way off :(

I just logged in for the first time in years, got a Skald to level 20 in about an hour or two. Still lots of fun, some nice RvR in the battlegrounds whilst levelling and the game is so much more intuitive now. Great gear, cool questhubs and everything in general is more accessible.

Persuaded my brother to download the free trial so we're going to duo xp up tomorrow and see how we go :) Thinking of trying Albion or Hib..any good combos for xp + rvr? :)

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I'm playing on Ywain as Mobiusss, almost level 50 Eldritch :)

So I'm close to 50 and having not played for years and years am wondering what you do when you get there? I'm guessing legendaries are not important any more. I figure I'll mostly be keep defending and stuff (I'm void/bolt and enjoying it) how do I go about getting better gear than the Cathal Valley bounty point equipment? Do people still do ToA stuff? Is Darkness Falls relevant at all? I quit after ToA so have no idea what Labyrinth and stuff are. Also what is Caledonia, is that an RvR zone? And do people still mainly use Emain Macha as the RvR zone?

Basically I'm guildless and have no idea how to make myself RvR ready :)

I recommend anyone thinking of returning give it a go though, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself and levelling at a really good pace through the battlegrounds with a bit of RvR here and there is great fun. The community is very nice and I've met quite a few beginners and returning players. People are friendly and helpful, and the game is much more intuitive and accessible than I ever remember before.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Thanks for all this, very helpful. :)

I'm 47.5 at the moment and xping through Cathal Valley is a struggle. Would it be worth me starting with ToA stuff now as I xp, or is there another way to xp? I've only used battlegrounds so far.

Also what is this pict camp in the frontier? I see high level and low level people standing around pulling mobs, is that viable for me or do you need a level 50 alt to get in?

Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 21, 2013

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Twlight posted:

at 47.5 you should be running the glass quests you'll be able to xp up pretty quick to 49.8 ( remember if you want to stay in Cathal Valley to type /xp off before you hit 50! ) you'll still earn artifact xp but your level wont advance. you can continue to run the glass quests for a while ( or buy the glass off housing I'm not sure of hib prices but its around 1 - 1.5 p. per 5000 stack on alb. The pict camp is a part of the pictish invasion quest they drop some decent melee weapons. The quest might have ended or stopped I'm not 100% sure as to how its still running. Glad I Could help.

Cool thanks. I've played around in Cathal Valley and started to discover that bolts aren't as great as I originally thought :( I think I might make a new character on Midgard as that's what I played years ago, and it always feels like home.

I'm wondering if perhaps I might be better off just getting to 39, as Molvik seems easier to gear for compared to Cathal or level 50. I remember Thidranki being hugely popular but it doesn't appear to be any more.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

What sites do you guys recommend for quest info, etc? I've got a Spiritmaster up to 37 and want to explore SI, Atlantis, Catacombs etc etc etc as I haven't seen a lot of them in the past, but the ingame maps are quite shite.

Also do people still use custom UIs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

PriNGLeS posted:

Is anyone still playing on live?

I've been levelling a character (haven't played in many years) on a trial account and the battlegrounds are fairly active, to be honest. I've found a few groups and chatted with strangers; the community seems generally nice. I would imagine most people are in a similar boat e.g. returning for nostalgia.

It's also really fast/easy to level, dunno how long it's been like this but questing through the battlegrounds is a breeze especially with bounty points and cheap buffs. I'm level 40 in 8 hours and that's with a fair amount of loving about/familiarizing myself with the game again/getting caught up in RvR'

Would someone be able to give me a brief rundown of what to do once I hit 50 please? I haven't played since Trials of Atlantis and I have no idea what Champion Points or whatever are !

• Locked thread