Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Officers: Literally more concerned with APFT averages on .ppt slides than actual tactics and strategies.

700 combat hours
RIF'd for previous PT referral
92/100 on most recent AF PFT

Also, hosed knees. :( Heat pack on right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I can't tell if these are all real product names or if you guys are just loving around. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

pkells posted:

I've been fighting a losing battle at work starting from the day I got here 2 years ago about how we stock the snack fund we have here. We normally have the most junior airman make the runs to the commissary, but I refused to buy all of the candy bars, chips, pop tarts, soda, ice cream, and hot pockets that they normally get. My reason being that we're in a career that requires us to be in shape, and I'd be doing a disservice to everyone else if I were to buy poo poo like that.

I even offered to go buy healthier snacks in place of the normal crap. They decided they'd rather have the junk food and kept the other guy on shopping duty.

And after all my bitching, they decided to add a box of granola bars and a case of diet soda to the shopping list. Thanks guys.

The snack bar isn't there to make you eat healthy, it's there to turn a profit.

Pinuyasha posted:

I always found it funny how the higher ups promote fitness and health, yet stock the dining halls with utter trash. Maybe it's some kind of clever tactic to weed out stupid people by fattening them up and destroying their career with a single PT failure. Easier than waiting for all the dumbasses to get a DUI or sexual assault I suppose.

It's almost like perception is more important than results...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

People wouldd probably start doubling up just to show how badass they are.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

800mg Motrin?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Pinuyasha posted:

It's only a problem when you have prior kidney damage. For everyone else who doesn't, it doesn't matter.

I'd love to see peer-reviewed source for that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What's the front near the bottom mean? More towards the interior side if that matters.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Pretty impressive, even if he looks like he needs more popped collars as time goes on. How long did it take to lose 130 lbs?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rrail posted:

Dude his bicep looks absolutely disgusting.

That's Danny DeVito.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MurderBot posted:

Anyone else here ever try the paleo diet? I'm currently on day two of it so far, and have almost no problems with hunger or complete cravings of sugars....yet...

The couple of people I worked with who were on this the most intolerable fucks I've dealt with in years. That's my only experience with it. It seems to attract the most moronic frat-boy types. Good luck.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MurderBot posted:

Yikes, intolerable fucks just by personality or the whole "oh you're eating grains? yeah let me tell you something about what grains do to you" guys.

Both. The one on my shift constantly gave people poo poo about eating bread and rice. gently caress YOU BUDDY THE SUSHI HERE IS AWESOME :mad:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ashmole posted:

Paleo is the loving dumbest bullshit. The loving book admits that they don't even know what cavemen ate. It's a low carb diet justified pseudoscience. There was a picture on W&W that had a flow chart that said something like "did someone have to kill it? was it found in a nest?" If they just said "eat whole foods and complex carbs" it would be OK. Then you have the hardcore advocates saying that grains are the root of all diseases...yeah because cavemen lived such long, healthy lives didn't they?

He was kind of stumped when I mentioned that cavemen died out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's an easy way to tell if it's HI. He'll move to shake your hand, but at the last second pull back and run his fingers through his beard then jerk off.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

smertrioslol posted:

No, he creeped me out. Than he saw me later after I finished my shower and informed me that "THAT IS A CLASSY TATTOO SON."

I really hope it wasn't HI.

This sounds exactly like him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rrail posted:

I never thought for a moment that violence wasn't going to be the answer.

As an aside, contractors are higher on the food chain here than military personnel.

What about a GS?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: AF is straight waist measurement.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HeyEng posted:

Is creatine even something the DoD pisstests for or even cares about?

Your crew will loving hate your bowels. We had an AST who was all about creatine on deployment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Keeping that in mind as well, since I'll probably be buying a bike next month.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

As soon as I can find a Trek 820 for under $200 (that's not a kid's size).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I like all-stars. :mad:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Veins McGee posted:

you would, you gingerfuck

I do not gently caress gingers.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's unlikely they'll pay for it, but there are some DIY solutions scattered around the internet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Veins McGee posted:

Nobody cares about the numerous failings of your retarded organization.

The Army?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

Especially Petraeus. But I think we all know why, now.

loving is good cardio.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

I have doors, but the frames are all trimmed in white, and at my last place, my roommate had one of those frame bars, and the padding marked up the doorframe pretty bad.

I do get to the gym 4 or so times a week, so I'll start throwing pull-ups in whenever I can.

Wrap the padding in duct tape.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That GR1 looks like a square Jansport.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

xwonderboyx posted:

I just barely hit 4. I used to be able to do 8. Time to get stronger/lose a bit of weight.

We had a PTL that levied some kind of challenge...I don't remember, it was something like if anyone in the group could beat him at pull-ups we wouldn't have to run or something. Some guy jumps up there and does about 15...I was impressed, he didn't even slow down until he was over 10. Then the PTL gets up there, gets to 12 and is really struggling. Then he stops, looks around, smiles, and breaks 20 without slowing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

I've noticed a positive correlation between how much I run and my situp score.

I maxed the AF situp portion in about 50 seconds and got like 12:15 on the run. I am poo poo at running.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AF is lovely crunches, so yeah probably. My prep was to make sure I could max real situps, then for the test do the half-assed AF version.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So kipping is throwing your body into it to build momentum and make pull ups easier?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What about that post makes it sound like a bad weekend?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Manmower posted:

How does CrossFit compare to a program like p90x? p90x currently seems pretty convenient for me as I can do it at home, but the cardio seems a bit light. Currently supplementing it with lots of running on the side and it seems to do the trick. From what I've heard being able to run fast and often is the most useful skill in the military, but this advice is coming from folks who don't exactly look like they do a lot of cardio.

Also I drank skim milk growing up as a kid =P

P.S. Another vote for dumbbells, they are great.

Crossfit is vastly superior. People who do P90x consistently come up short is both smugness and elitism, and completely fail at turning their facebook page into a lovely advertisement full of poor grammar and spelling. Crossfit is really good for combining all these aspects into a cohesive package that nobody gives a poo poo about except your Crossfit bros.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Did someone take a picture of you while you're pissing?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Relaxed fit levis you unamerican pricks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at, and I'm disturbingly unsurprised that there's a site called bestgore.com.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I have poo poo technique and I know it. I was ok at swimming as a kid, but in the past 15 years I think I've done normal swimming like 3 times. I couldn't believe I was having a hard time in the swimming test for scuba...it should've been cake. Fortunately the pool there is half urine, so I had good motivation to avoid drowning.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah that's gonna suck when it tears with no warning and you lose 30% mobility in that shoulder.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

I might take up boxing. Boxing seems cool although I would want to avoid having my face beat in by a 135 lb mexican kid.

You missed your chance to beat up on Barber! I've never seen you, but I'm confident you could take him. He punched me once and I was unimpressed...he's too light to have a lot behind it. He fights girls ffs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Thump! posted:

Gonna write this one down, only if for epitomizing my hatred of running in the day and age of mechanized warfare.

FWIW most of the world hasn't really entered that age yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

Yeah I cut out soda like a month ago. I should probably stop drinking as much, too.

This is really what I should do...but A-I actually like soda and B-I hate caffeine headaches. :(

I have no willpower. :sigh: