Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doogle
May 24, 2003

I pretty much just get huge at the gym and make sure I run a few times a week so I don't get too huge to run. I can sprint like a mother fucker, but anything over 2 miles is rough.

When I joined I was 6'1" and 165lbs, now I'm 201. I used to do about 50 pushups, but flat/incline/decline bench made it so I can max that in under 1.5 minutes. I was always pretty good at sit ups, but after starting to do front squats I can max those with ease too.

I used to max the run, now I run about a 14 minute 2 mile. Maxing 2 events vs 1 is better of course.

Max, max, relax fo lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

Rrail posted:

pretty sure it just wrecks your heart

Instead of using all these supplements that get banned 3 months after they come out, just use tried-and-true 'roids. Sure your balls shrink for a few months, but they usually recover.

doogle
May 24, 2003

moker posted:

I have no idea because its loving expensive and before made synthetically it was literally stolen from dead people

Some dudes contracted kuru from it as well! (mad cow disease but for people)

doogle
May 24, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Bleeding? Are you dragging the bar up your shins?! Is this so common that people wear special DL socks?

I'm just really confused, I've never seen DL socks, nor have I ever seen someone pissing out blood from their shins while in the gym.

The closer the bar is to you the easier it is to pick up, so if you are lifting at/near your max you will probably end up dragging the bar on your shins. If you are lifting substantial weight you will cause your shins to bleed if you aren't wearing pants, and even if you are wearing pants you will probably still bleed a little.