Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

80 push ups
76 sit ups
16:34 run.

gently caress. A score of 258. I really really have to start doing cardio. Just got back from Laos, did a practice APFT to see where I'm at. Not too bad with absolutely no running for 45 days.

I lost about 12 pounds on the mission and was told by everyone I look like I slimmed down like crazy and have a pencil neck now. Have another mission in a few weeks to S.E Asia and trying to gain atleast 2-3 pounds of muscle back. Trying to do a 5000 calories a day that consist of 5 meals of chicken breast, salmon, canned chicken/tuna and protein shakes. loving going on missions every other month is destroying my APFT score but hey, atleast I'm still in better shape than my fat rear end of a LTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Who uses every bit of equipment a gym has and what gym only charges 30/mo? I pay 50 for an old school powerlifting/bodybuilder gym and that's ridiculously low.

Being able to use the cable machines is totally loving worth the $50 a month I pay for my gym.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Captain Amerikkka posted:

Cubism I think.

Anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks?

Do crossfit

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Guys, my new goal is to eat everything in sight, lift heavy and do absolutely no cardio and be the biggest Asian ever. So big people will think I'm an fat islander.

But yeah. Been doing a bunch of cardio lately to cut. Winter is coming and I'm not on missions anymore so I gotta show off the 6pack.

Doing a high rep, low weight, dropset work out with super light cardio everyday and dieting like crazy. Except for Saturdays when I drink beer and eat cheese burgers.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Crazy Mike posted:

Forget islander, can you go for the Bolo Yeung look?

Oh my god. Yes!

It's going to be the hardest thing ever. Especially since I can't ever get pass the 180 mark weight wise.

edit: pizza covered in olive oil in 25minutes!

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 9, 2013

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I don't mind CrossFIt as much as I claim. I hate the power lifting aspect of it, but love the body weight HIIT part of it.

CrossFitters just gets on my nerves hardcore because for them it's the ONLY work out to do.

Our CrossFit god scored a 240 on his PT test. Barely did over 60 push ups and not too great on his sit ups and run either. All that crossfit and he can't do push ups to save his life.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I led a PT session for all 4 branches of enlisted today for JPAC.

20minute max rounds.

5blurpees
10 push ups
15 sit ups
20 air squats.

Quick, easy work out. People still manage to gently caress it up and half rear end it.

Whatever, atleast the army SGT supply girl/my girl's bestfriend was wearing tights? leggings? and her vagina was in full blown camel toe mode. I wanted to tell her, but I don't know her personally and did not want to get a sexual harassment complaint.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Do glute ham raises on the GHD. poo poo will ruin you.

I googled GHD and all I got was good hair day?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I stumbled across this 88M human being shitlord E6 private rapist from my last unit in Germany's facebook page making fun of infantry for having a low asvab score.

This is his I'm a 40 year old Staff Sgt who likes to gently caress privates in my unit's tiny loving arms.

Here is a stupid picture of him flexing in black and white where I'm pretty loving sure he's pushing his biceps up.

Day 1 of cardio started.

I ran a mile. Threw up. Did 60 pull ups in sets of 10s. Then 8s. Then 5's. Then I ran back. Threw up again.

Lesson learned:

Don't drink monster before a run.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

He was the suicide briefer dude in RSS for R&R in KAF. I was banging his girl when I was going thru on leave on his birthday. That was kinda awesome.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Decided to be extra motivated and go on a 5 mile run at a 8:30 pace.

Ended up doing 2 miles and saying "gently caress this" and went to get breakfast.

Did legs in the afternoon, 10 minutes of cardio and called it a night.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

.23 mile run. Decided running sucks and stopped running and went tanning instead.

Hit legs in the gym, light weight, high rep drop sets, did a 10 minute cool down on the bike, abs, and went to Teddy's Bigger Burger for a double with cheese and bacon.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Is this why some brand new butterbars can barely pass the push up portion of the APFT?

Which is great for NCO's like myself where we can go
:smuggo: "No sir, we're not running 6 miles again today. We'll do push up improvement cause someone needs it." :smuggo:

Atleast until he points out my run time is as slow as a 18 year old girl fresh out of basic training who never ran a day in her life before.....

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

"Fitness is 98% lighting. The other 2% is the sun effect on instagram. Actual fitness ringing at a whopping 0%"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BroScienceLife/

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Martello posted:

Blah blah blah.

You know what was awesome? Remember 1LT Anderson? When we came back from Afghanistan we only ran twice a week. Because about 2/3 of the PLT got 260+ on their diagnostic PT test after leave from all the working out we did in Afghanistan and he was the only one who failed push ups. So twice a week was a run, 3 times a week it was upper body/lower body conditioning. Best morning PT I ever had those 2-3 months!

Gave myself a diagnostic APFT. 80 push ups in under 2 minutes with chest to ground and locking out when I come up. 74 sit ups (gently caress this 27+ age group. I'm never going to max this poo poo ever again) and a 15:30 run. Took off about a minute from my run time in 3 weeks. Going to do more sprints and hopefully it'll be a 14 flat by the end of this month.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I been doing what alot of the guys here suggested. The CrossFit-ish sit ups. But since we don't have that weird machine I use the decline sit up bench and do 20 reps, 10 to 30 second break, and another 2 sets followed by leg 5 sets of 10 leg lifts with a short break, finished off with a few sets of the ab roller. It's been getting easier and easier to hit 60 the first minute. But as soon as I hit 70, I'll use up almost all my time the second minute to attempt to knock out the last 10. Which never happens.

Not that I should even worry, my next APFT (On profile for this stupid gum graft for 2 weeks. Figured I'll just use the profile to give myself an extra 2 weeks to prepare) I'm getting graded at the 17-21 age group, so everything should be super easy to max except my run. But it should be around 280+ if I max, max, pray to god I run 14 flat.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

What the gently caress is recovery time after a profile and why can't I take a APFT for a loving month because of it?!

I missed the last unit APFT due to being on quarters for a gum graft (gently caress those things. I couldn't eat real food for 3 weeks.) and I'm being told since I was on a 21 day profile, I can't take a PT test until my recovery time is up. Which is another 21 days because if I get fail and get flagged, it's their rear end or something? What the hell? Do I have to write a memo or something to like bypass it so I can finish my drat airborne/ranger packet already?

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 4, 2013

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Had an APFT for my airborne packet. Only did a minute's of push ups, minute of sit ups and kinda tried for my run. 60 push ups in 52 seconds and got up, 60 sit ups in a minute 12 and got up, and ran a 15:10. Legs were sore from the gym so it might have been because I wasn't at 100%? Or because I ran a 6:45 my first mile and said eh, I got this and jogged back my second.

Scored a 220 or something for the 17-21 age group. 231 for mine. And it was considered a record APFT as well because my last one is out of date. So I have to redo it this Friday if I want a good score in my NCOER. I figure if I go 10 seconds faster, max both push ups and sit ups I'll be a 280. I really didn't loving want to run another 2 miles in such a short time. gently caress running!

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 8, 2013

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Dude McAwesome posted:

One of my favourite things about civ life: no running. Its awesome. I can just work out and do whatever, whenever. And I don't have anyone hounding me to improve my run times for the PFT or anything like that.

That's what I do now since there's no organized PT.

EDIT: What the gently caress is that with the pre work out name "craze" and it having meth in it? I been using that for 2 months now.....

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 16, 2013

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I signed up for a body building competition this April. I'm fat and only slightly ripped and not proportional and it's going to be sooo embarrassing.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Crazy Mike posted:

N.O. Xplode and simulate at least one test event per training day. You should be good within two months.

Two months? Seriously?

Lift weights and do a poo poo ton of 30/60's.

Or if you hate running as much as me, I just do this thing

http://www.amazon.com/Precor-Commercial-Elliptical-Fitness-Crosstrainer/dp/B0053O3X8E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_5

Set it on interval training, set the lowest to 10, highest to 20, 20 resistance and do anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes a day. I went from running 16:30's to 15 flat within a month.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

gently caress that bro, running is gay. The elliptical is awesome. When I'm done being a gross fat rear end and eating like poo poo, I just add in a 10-25 minutes a day of that poo poo and I'll have my 6 pack back. While watching ESPN sport center and checking out all the hot chicks in the gym. What kinda human being actually runs unless there's an APFT?

EDIT: I do get crazy and add in the stair master from time to time too.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Rather do crossfit than the elliptical.

That's going way too far bro. Way to far. Crossfit is the worst thing the human race ever came up with.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

What the gently caress is this about Bane masks?

It's so stupid. This Bane douchebag takes 5 minute breaks in between each set wears it. He lifts light, takes super long breaks, and I'm not sure what his mask really does besides make him look really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Has anyone tried 1MR Vortex? It's on sale for 25 bucks on DPS and I saw some decent reviews for it but you know how supp reviews are.

It didn't do anything for me. Try Mr. Hyde. That poo poo is pretty good.