Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

S.J. posted:

There are also a lot of overt hints that Magnus is so full of himself that he loses the ability to properly discern the true nature of the warp from his own superiority-complex laden version of the warp.

Isn't there also the issue of the blindness of the Thousand Sons to the fact that their familiars are actually demons? Did Magnus know about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Mikael Kreoss posted:

Are we still posting art of our RT characters? If so, this is a thing:

(I was the Kroot on the left :3:)

Is that a Magos Biologis who spent too much time splicing Tyranid genes, in the back there?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Alternatively, turn the psyker into an actual gate/doorway frame.

And they don't die from it, of course.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Now I'm imagining a Space Marine Chapter that has "full of pariahs" as their gimmick. All their members really hate each other due to the pariah phenomenon, which manifests as constant passive-aggressive attitudes and acts of revenge. Maybe scuffing someone else's bolter after hours of purification rituals, or just silently glaring at each other over the morning meal. The ever-growing hatred is only burned off when pitted against the Emperor's enemies.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ashcans posted:

For a long time I think there was an implication that we didn't really know which side of the Dark Angels civil war was which, and there was some question so to whether the group that survived was the traitors or not - when GW introduced Cypher there were lots of hints that he was a loyalist, and was trying to work his way to Terra to expose the Dark Angels as having been traitors. I think that this has largely been swept up, and the current canon is that the surviving Chapter are the loyalists, but that no one else really knows that their homeworld had turned traitor - so they are desperate to keep that from ever being known or no one would trust them again (and possibly they'd suffer some sort of exile or something). So its imperative that they hide all trace of the treason and hunt down any possible survivors to prevent it coming to light.

I think the better money is on "total extermination by the Inquisition and their lackey chapters".

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Cythereal posted:

Not sure if it's fluffy, but I settled on an overall unfolding plot for the Deathwatch game: during the Cursed Founding, one chapter was founded in the Jericho Reach known as the Dusk Guard. Unbeknowest to most, they were one of the rare attempts like the Blood Ravens at creating a loyalist Chapter from Traitor Legion gene seed. In this case, the Dusk Guard were created from the gene seed of the Emperor's Children. Suffice it to say that things went horribly wrong after their founding, leading the Inquisition, Adeptus Mechanicus, and Blood Angels to purge the foundling chapter and attempt to erase all evidence of their existence. They didn't entirely succeed, and for thousands of years the relics of the Dusk Guard and their origin lay undisturbed in the Jericho Reach. Then the Tau established a colony on what would have been the Dusk Guard's homeworld, and found relics that survived the purge. In addition to all the problems and threats presented so far, the Tau managed to secure a stasis vault holding a sample of the Emperor's Children gene seed used to create the Dusk Guard, and are looking into adapting the Astartes creation process for their own Fire Warriors.

Until your third sentence, I thought the traitor legion was going to be Death Guard, since their original name was Dusk Raiders, and your name seems to be a combo of the two. It's not a huge deal, but it's quite possible that it could lead your players astray as to which traitor legion was the source of the geneseed.

Or maybe you can take advantage of that :getin:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The obvious solution is to let the heretical tech-priest talk you into strapping an experimental teleporter on your back that can deliver you wherever you want on the battlefield, every round. Now with only 1.5% chance of bringing a Daemon Prince along on your arrival back in realspace!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Elukka posted:

A little worldbuilding question: Who in the Imperium handles interstellar crime of the non-heretical kind? Suppose someone went around assassinating traders and imperial officials. Seems like an Arbites thing to me but do they have interstellar reach, maybe roaming detectives much like inquisitors, or ships of their own? Would it fall under the inquisition regardless of the lack of of chaos or xenos involvement if it happened to catch their interest?

I'd say that such actions would definitely catch the eye of the Inquisition. Their general mandate is "protect the Imperium", with differing viewpoints on what that entails depending on which Ordo they belong to and what philosophical viewpoint they have. In addition, even if the person had purely political or business reasons, the Inquisition doesn't necessarily know that - but what they do know is that aliens / Chaos / rebels thrive off political and economic disruption. If the person gets caught, they can expect to be tortured until the Inquisitor decides there was no deeper agenda.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ronwayne posted:

All this made playing an arch-militant an experience in bullshit

It was like being a D&D 3.5 fighter. I can't even fire a heavy stubber without penalties until tier 3 while McCoggo the Clockwork Cockhead over here is knocking things out the park/ship/planet.

I definitely misread that at first as "knocking things out *WITH* the park/ship/planet".

Can a sufficiently boosted Explorator knock someone out with a planet? :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

If Tzeentch is giving you near-infinite power, something is probably about to go utterly and horrifically wrong.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Of course, now I'm wondering what happens if Tzeentch decides to just roll with it. Maybe he shows up, claps you on the shoulder and tells you you're now all-powerful and the new God of Change, have fun fighting the three other Chaos Gods, he's going to take a vacation.

Maybe "Tzeentch" is actually a succession of ascended sorcerers just waiting for the next loopholing dumbshit to come along and take their place fighting the Eternal War :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

If it's PnP:

Describe the room you all are currently in at the moment. Begin treating the players as if they were their characters. Induce them to leave the room and start going around outside, describing locations and places as you go. Start screeching at them for "breaking immersion" if they start getting antsy about the whole thing.

The end goal is to get them to mount a raid on a corrupt Arbites (read: police) station.