Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

bunnielab posted:

How does that work? What are in those fish that isn't in others?

I ain't got anything more specific than what SubG posted; all I know is that I couldn't resist the siren song of flounder sashimi when I was a child, and that poo poo made me break out into hives and made my airway swell up like hell. After a few such incidents, I tearfully bid flounder sashimi farewell for the rest of my life, and the remainder of fish-related ER incidents involved seafood stock which turned out to have fluke/flounder scraps in it.

I devour non-flatfish with nary a problem, and I have no other food allergies that I know of. (I have a shitton of other allergies, but they've all become very mild since I hit puberty.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Therese Plummer one turned me on. I feel dirty. In a good way?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Daeren posted:

So tonight I had my first real nothing-from-a-box meal in this apartment. I took some chicken breasts, dredged them in flour, and pan-fried them. Then I deglazed the pan with some cheap bourbon I have on hand and made a garlic-bourbon pan sauce for it.

Verdict: :pcgaming: holy poo poo :pcgaming:

I somehow managed to have leftovers so I put the chicken breasts in a small tupperware container with the pan sauce, is that going to totally wreck the chicken if I leave it like that, or improve it?

If it was crispy on the outside, it ain't gonna be cripsy no more, but the taste will be fine. You might even want to eat it cold, like on a salad or something, since it's a chicken breast and heating it up will most likely dry it out. I'd personally keep it cold and make a sammich out of it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

therattle posted:

Please can we ban using the term "sammich". It's a goddamned sandwich. It's only one more letter to type.

Having done some research before impetuously posting, I retract the above, as I now know that sandwich and sammich are not simply interchangeable.

I see that my (sub)urban patois excites and frightens you, old man.

GrAviTy84 posted:

Went to the resto to get a sammich with the wifey. Got it and the stoup, but i almost got the salad with the evoo vinaigrette. I bet that would've been delish.

stoup?