Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Yeah, there's tons of info on all those though, there's not much sauce chatter that I've seen. Maybe its not super important. In pizza related news I was at the store and accidentally got more prosciutto than I'd planned on at the deli counter, so its going on the pizza. Its also maybe getting crisped up just a tiny bit and going the cheddar/green onion risotto later this week assuming I don't just eat it like the savage that I am.

Are you asking specifically how to make pizza sauce? That link has one, or you can use your favorite marinara, or a little olive oil, or literally whatever you want. I will sometimes just blend a can of tomatoes with some garlic and half an onion. I make leftovers pizza all the time with curry or chile verde or whatever there's extra sauce of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

bartolimu posted:

I've never used a protein powder for anything so uh, probably not. But I'm not opposed to insect protein in general. When I was in Jalisco I had chapulines (grasshoppers) and while the preparation was kinda bad I didn't hate the bugs themselves. Would try again.

That was my thought to. So big, plump, and juicy, like a hot dog casing full of pus.

I did not need to read that.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I go through my tomatoes with chopsticks, pulling off any worms that I find. I just throw them on to the hot Vegas pavement and they mummify in minutes.

Same but without the mummification and with more yeeting off the deck.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

This is all fiddly poo poo though. Was your chicken just not browned enough, or was it actually not fully cooked? Do you have a meat thermometer? I agree your oven sounds fucky.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I always do sourdough bread, onion, celery, tart green apple, wild rice, pine nuts, Hella Sage. It goes in the turkey, under the turkey, it goes compressed in a baking dish with lots of chicken stock and butter (or mushroom for veg) kind of like a savory bread pudding. It's my favorite holiday dish by far.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

sweat poteto posted:

I do not understand stuffing (as evidenced by this forums username). Savory bread pudding I can get behind. But apple and rice??

The tart apple complements the sourdough and savory and the wild rice is a nice texture contrast + nutty flavor.