Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I think some higher power just does not want me to be in possession of delicious duck fat. Last month I rendered out a good bit. Used a touch of it once and forgot to put it back in the fridge. Wasted. Today I was filtering a new bunch when it tipped over and ended up on the floor and my pants. What have I done to deserve this fate :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth yanked tomorrow.
Good luck! Enjoy your drugs :v: I had all mine removed just about 10 hours ago. I've been drinking whey protein shakes and bowls of roasted butternut squash, tomato, and red pepper soup.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

OmegaBeard posted:

Had one out due to cavity, they pulled the matching top one to go with it under local. When I asked the dentist about what to eat/not eat, he looked at me like I was an idiot and just said "Don't chew with that side."

So, basically anything that won't get into the cavity. And avoid straws, as the suction will screw up the healing.

But hey, maybe that's just Japan.

The game changes when every side has a bloody gaping hole :cry:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I feel like your cooking options are limited when your meal needs to include a pound of lean ground beef or skinless chicken breasts and a pound of steamed broccoli to meet your macros. That said, I hope I'm wrong.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

GrAviTy84 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/RT600C-Super-...rds=thermoworks

Made by the same company that makes thermapen. Thin tip, quick response, accurate.
Why buy Thermapen then? Better warranty? More sturdy?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Thermapen is still faster. That one says 5-6 seconds. It's the difference between a thermistor and a thermocouple.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks! I was reading the post as same internals. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't dig into the specs because I'm on my phone right now.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Carrots come out really well at 182F for an hour. I put butter, salt and honey/sugar in the packet and then dump in a nonstick pan to tighten up the glaze. You get a nice bite with no raw flavor.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cppOojKBNko I don't even...

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Yeah, who the hell doesn't like lamb?

Me :( Lamb has an off flavor that makes me dry heave. I had rack of lamb once as a kid that I really liked, but every time since then I can't get past a couple bites. I wish I liked it. Are there milder cuts or places of origin that can help me get acclimated?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
God drat it. It's the second time my small lunch group at work has gotten random metal in our food from the local Indian spot. I feel like a battered woman who doesn't want to report her boyfriend. Gotta do it... Sorry old friend.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Eeyo posted:

This happened to me when I was a kid, there was a bit of metal in my salad. It was a mom & pop place where the mom was the waiter so she started apologizing profusely and gave us free stuff (we went there a bunch so maybe that had something to do with it). So what I'm trying to say is you should tell someone to reduce the chances of metal in the future.

This too is a mom and pop place. I've been going there for 5+ years with no issues until a couple months ago. My buddy had a whole loving screw in his saag! Similar story: lots of apologies and free food. poo poo happens, and nobody got hurt, so we gave them a pass. This time around I got a chunk of cast iron (lip of a pan I think) in my vegetable curry (and mouth). I wasn't really chewing with any force, so fortunately no damage.

I feel bad reporting them through official channels, but is that the appropriate course of action? At the very least I'm going to send the owner a picture and tell them I don't want any free stuff because I'm done eating their otherwise delicious food.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Just got back from a Pakistani wedding. The food was absolutely amazing. I need to find a lunch spot since I blacklisted the usual Indian place for having metal in the food... twice. No alcohol was such a drag, especially since nobody at the work-friends table knew these things start over 2 hours late. Got there at 8 per the invitation. Everyone else trickles in by 10:30.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I didn't even want to think about the consequences of getting caught with alcohol. There were probably upwards of 400 strict Muslim people. I had to be on my best behavior as one of three Americans.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

bonestructure posted:

There is Chopped erotic fanfiction. :stare: I honestly don't know what else to say about that.

You can't just tease us like that.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Since we're on the topic... Do you guys tip for takeout?

Edit: vvv :laugh: could not resist

geetee fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 16, 2013

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Bertrand Hustle posted:

In that concentration, why bother with turmeric? Why not just yellow 5? It's not like it's going to add anything to the flavor.

Looks better on the label? Some people avoid food coloring.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Son of a bitch. Wake up this morning, notice my wifi is dead, and the router is lit up red. My desktop is on the login screen. All bad signs when you're nearly 40 hours into a 2 day sous vide brisket. As I approach the kitchen, there is silence. Where is my gentle swishing and whirling? Barely 30C water. Good bye friend :( I don't think I've lost power more than once in my 4 years here.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Put a pork butt in the oven before I went to sleep so I could wake up to some delicious low-and-slow pulled pork. Don't really smell it when I wake up. Walk into the kitchen all bleary-eyed and notice the oven's off. Christ...

my loving oven posted:

The oven control has a factory preset built-in 6 Hour Energy Saving feature that will shut off the oven if the oven control is left on for more than 6 hours. The oven can be programmed to override this feature for Continuous Baking.

This is a bad loving week for me losing big hunks of meat.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

GrAviTy84 posted:

i thought they were already banned. everytime I go grocery shopping in LA I have to buy paper.

I have reusable bags, but I get the plastic ones to throw out trash because my baby apartment doesn't have space for a normal sized pail.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Tomatoes in my guac? Discuss.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Big Beef City posted:

Mario Batali, when cooking at home, looks amatuerish as poo poo. :smug:

I'm not really sure what else home cooking can look like.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Big Beef City posted:

It may have been a joke. I know they're tough to ferret out.

It's more clearly a joke when the following sentence isn't "...would still eat the heck out of though."

Anyway, funny to see a store bought jar of his own sauce in the video.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

CzarChasm posted:

I apologize if this was some other goon, but is this the same place where the "Great Food" had metal shavings/iron filings/a big loving bolt or other piece of hardware in it?

I think I was the goon you're referring to, so not the same place. My office moved recently so we have a new Indian spot that's not as tasty, but also no metal so far.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

esperantinc posted:

Pffft, wisdom teeth? Ya'll are lightweights. Try having ALL your teeth being in pieces and needing dug out of your gums at 23. That was fun.

Stop being such a tease and indulge me.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Cimber posted:

Well today I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got the meat grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid Mixer. I then went to the store and got three types of meats (Steak rib, sirloin and chuck), as well as some onions and cheese.

My Kitchenaid grinder manages to shoot specks of blood 5+ feet away, so watch where you point it. It's really a minute amount, but still worth accounting for because who wants meat on their walls across the room?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

contrapants posted:

We can post again!

I found out there is a legal definition of what a sandwich is in NY. http://www.tax.ny.gov/pubs_and_bulls/tg_bulletins/st/sandwiches.htm

Do Double Downs fall under the "otherwise" part of the definition?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Fucccck me. Cutting celery into a fine dice. Chewing on half the stalk. Fibrous as gently caress. Turn head to spit out unchewable mess like a uncivilized animal.... while still chopping... into my thumb through the nail.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Jesus, think of the pot warranties.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Hello fellow ARFIDs!!! I just have to share that I was approved for Social Security Disability today based on my ARFID condition. What a relief! No more having to throw myself into social situations involving eating and panicking about it.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I had to leave that group because the insanity hurt more than it amused.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLTCvQ4ZuE

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
He just needs his tastes to improve and then he'll fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Do range hoods solve the problem of aerosolized oil coating everything after deglazing a pan?