Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Has anyone else watched Write Now! with Jimmy Pardo?

The premise is Jimmy has three comedians/writers/ect. sit on stage while a comedian performs. The three writers write jokes that heckle the performer; Jimmy reads them to the audience and picks a winner based on who had the best joke.

I've enjoyed it and recommend checking it out (it's free anyway so what the hell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Pardcast-a-thon '12 went live yesterday. $9.99 for audio and $19.99 for audio + video.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Boco_T posted:

It has to be Scott, he's the only guest that's been on every season.

Yeah, not to mention the CBB TV Season 2 starts next week. Perfect time for plugging.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oof. If you enjoyed Zany, I'd think you would enjoy the rest of the season.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Boco_T posted:

It's really good this week. He manages to fit in with the tone and pace immediately. I hope he becomes a once-a-season.

Totally, it made me glad NNF went audio and video for one fee. I think Schwartz's enthusiasm really shows when you can see him.

He's a real tastemaker for podcasts. A complete game changer for NNF.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 13, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Also, I'm surprised no one is talking about Pardo's announcement of a new stand-up album dropping this coming Tues!

I hope it's great..

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Just made me miss Norm Macdonald Live that much more.

Great Pardcastathon this year so far!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
drat it, why'd my connection have to crap out before so many great guests?

Guess I'll buy the video when it comes out. Every Pardcastathon since the first one has been a worthwhile purchase.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I know you're kidding, but I'd probably pay for that.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Jumping on the wagon to say this is awesome news, and I'm subscribing to the yearly player's club to show support (and because I can this month...)

I really, really hope this works out well for them. It is kind of a big risk.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Riptor posted:

Nothing's popping up in my Players Club feed in Downcast :(

According to the NNF twitter, the A/V for the Player's Club will be up later this morning.

E: well, specifically the video, but the two might be related...

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 30, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Sunday night they'll release the Players Club video

also the video dropped, with the first 18 minutes..well, I won't ruin it. I thought I wasn't going to like it but I turned around pretty dang quickly at a certain point.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I am also curious as to how Jimmy met Matt. I'm guessing it was through AST?

I think you're right. I've gone through most of the eps at this point and from what I can tell Matt, who was known at UCB for being the "Sasquatch"/AST guy, kind of fell-in to announce some of Jimmy's shows ("Running Your Trap" specifically gets mentioned a lot).

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Here's the ep. Between 618 and 619.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If you bough audio + video, don't forget to occasionally check the audio section for live recordings. Those don't show up on the video player, at least for me.

The Live SF Sketchfest should be released soon, I think.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
PFT Day!

Pleeeeeease bring back Robert

E: Elliot is really upping his A/V game lately. I like the additions to the eps and love the new intro, but I hope they don't overdo it.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 20, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I was assuming/hoping that was a bit I wasn't getting, because I totally agree. Matt clearly knew why it wouldn't work and Scott knows why his two "music" podcasts are so entertaining, so I'd hope they'd steer him straight on that. I guess Jimmy's thinking more along the lines of Rock Solid?

Chicago Podcast Authority is a pretty great name though.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Reformed Pissboy posted:

(felt like he was trying too hard for wordplay that didn't need to happen, IIRC)

I think that's his hook, since he has grad work in linguistics (hence, name change from Mike to "Myq")

I know this because he's brought it up in other podcasts before. Which is why I'm not so sure where I stand on him as a guest. As a stand-up I think he's got a few solid jokes. Can't remember them, but I think I remember enjoying one of his talk show appearances.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Soon as he spells his name "Jesii", I'm OUT :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Greggy posted:

Wow Jesse Thorn, that is a crazy look you've got going
I have to imagine Jimmy mentions it at some point

That looks like the beard of a man still coming to terms with balding.