Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No one is watching that show but I've gotta admit "Spank Bank" is a great name for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What are you guys thoughts on the live shows? I don't really like the forced vibe where they are going for the laugh every 5 seconds because it's never been that kind of show for me.

I do like that they have a recurring cast of fans who come every time they're in town. Jimmy and Matt seem to know some of them and are able to interact with them in funny/insulting ways.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

His "I refuse to accept that Trading Places doesn't hold up" shtick is really loving stupid. I haven't been this annoyed with Matt since season 1.

I agree! "The sandlot sucks but Trading Places is awesome." So completely oblivious. What the gently caress man?

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I wonder if he brought a throwing microphone to Panera

Ha, Idiot!

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy: "Movie pass! $10 a month and you can see a movie every day!"
Paul F Tompkins: "Hmm. I won't be doing that."

My thoughts exactly PFT.

Also I thought of a new drinking game for the show. Every time Elliot gets butthurt about the Vanilla Ice thing shoot yourself in the head! Why won't they stop bringing it up!?!?

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

I think maybe the bloom is off the rose for you guys and you should find another show

I like 90% of the show, I guess it's just the 10% I don't enjoy has become really grating. I used to like that they could find funny in Elliot's interruptions. Now it just seems to completely halt whatever fun/rhythm they're on. He's been completely not funny for like 8 years now.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm usually an audio listener but I just saw the new video intro and it made me laugh. Good job Elliot!

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I met Jimmy and Matt when they came to Houston a few months ago. I actually made Jimmy laugh, that was really cool after being a listener for like a decade.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

This week's episode with Cheryl Hines is fantastic, and in a very different way than an other good episode. If you haven't heard it yet, go into it know that Jimmy has no idea about Cheryl's personal life or views until the very end of the episode. Jimmy doesn't know when he makes a joke about JFK's head getting blown off that Cheryl is married to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (JFK's nephew). He also goes off about anti-vaxxers and RFK Jr. is one of the most prominent anti-vaxxers in the world. Cheryl sat in silence. To further complicate things Hines just signed on with Misfit Toys to produce and and release her podcast, the podcast network that Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap run.

:yikeseroo: I just checked up on this thread to see if I should start listening again and woow! How's the fallout from that? I think I would cringe so hard I would implode into a black hole if I listen to that episode.

Also 3 eps a week? I thought they ran out of stuff to talk about with 2 per week! I'll still go see Jimmy any time he's in town but I think the show is done for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anybody still listening? How's the show?