Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

my story is a bit different from the normal stories

Lazerbot tells me he's almost done with the next page and that it will be finished today or within the next few days. Really looking forward to seeing what will finally happen now that the fight is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

JazzFlight posted:

Coyote immediately gets into another 8-year fight with a different OC troll/neutral.

Nah. Instead they're gonna go back to the Rob and Hindo fight, which will finish in 2025

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

Only five years? Slow down, lazerbot.

That fight also started in 2012 so it'd actually be 13 years

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

The return of the master. TGT is back for real baby

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

JazzFlight posted:

Lol, two panels in and he's already made a mistake giving Wile E. Coyote human feet.

I'm liking the pace, though, having Porky back for a chat instead of a full page of Coyote looking over to a mountain and just thinking is good. Cutting redundant panels would really bring TGT back to the glory days and frankly help him out from having to redraw the same thing over and over.

I think I mentioned this before but Lazerbot and his brother have said stuff about how they want to "cut the fat" and also don't want to make the fight scenes overly long in the future. Hopefully that plays out, it's looking good so far

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

tiistai posted:

This seems like the last we saw them if I'm not mistaken http://www.tailsgetstrolled.org/ch17/pg3.html

Correct

You can also see Rob's dragon and Hindo's "black lighting form" on the chapter 21 and 22 covers respectively but Lazerbot never got around to showing them in those chapters lol

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

While rereading the thread I saw this post, things mostly haven't changed since then aside from the Coyote vs. Demaro fight finishing and Rob vs. Hindo not being over (but will be soon presumably)

RobobTheGreat posted:

Since I just re-read the whole comic while organizing image files and converting them to PDF, I'll take a shot at summarizing the current state of affairs in the TGT universe:
  • The sky became red when Demaro's monster, the "guardian of the moon," first went outdoors. Wile E. Coyote has since unsummoned the monster with "ForesT ChAmBers." The Demaro vs. Coyote fight remains ongoing.
  • When we last saw Rob (the man with no ears) and Hindo (the electric troll), Rob had dealt a devastating blow to Hindo. The fight appears to be over, with Rob the victor.
  • Troll King is not present at the troll's stronghold. He and Travous (the little red bird), along with a few troll mooks, are somewhere in the wilderness, searching for the place where the Words of Death are learned. Troll King wants the man in the ice (a Dragonborn who once served him in the Middle Ages) to learn the Words of Death once he is revived.
  • Alex (the emo troll) has been secretly following Troll King and Travous. We learned of Alex's plans to learn the Words of Death himself, and betray Troll King and Trollface.
  • Elmer Fudd has eaten Eggman's brains and become a technological genius. At present, he is inside the troll fortress, and has taken control of Luigi's well-preserved corpse. His control over Bugs and Daffy is being held in check by Demaro's powers. According to Garry (Demaro's troll brother), Eggman's genius is so phenomenal that the trolls will not need the "third genius" (besides Heimerdinger and Eggman) to create their robot army and revive the man in the ice; but, only he (Garry) and Elmer Fudd understand the extent of Eggman's brilliance.
  • Trollface is inside the troll fortress. He has Elmer's gun, and used it to fatally shoot Sylvester. Tom became quite distraught at Sylvester's violent death. Since Tom is a Neutral, his body suffered some kind of physical punishment when he was unable to control his emotions (his lifespan "was shorten"?). Silver intervened with his telekinesis to prevent Tom from being shot as well. The confrontation between Silver and Trollface was inconclusive: Trollface appears to be aware of the effective range of Silver's powers, and escaped.
  • Pori is a double agent, being a member of the Defenders as well as being trusted by the trolls. He appears to have an agenda of his own. For one thing, we saw him bring a sample of Silver's DNA to some laboratory in a cave deep in the jungle. For another, acting on his own, he provided Mario with photographic proof that Shadow (a former troll) was the one who recruited Mario's parents into the trolls many years ago.
  • With the assistance of the Toads, Mario is developing a holy star--a power-up that imparts starman invincibility for an extended period of time. Bowser Jr., who is spying on Mario and the Toads, discovered that Mario is planning another confrontation with the trolls, and sent a goomba to report the situation to Bowser.
  • Shadow, Bowser, and the troll slaiyers have recruited some new members. Teemo has respawned, and is reunited with the slaiyers. Shadow has come up with a plan to use against Mario and/or the trolls. We do not know what his plan is, but the other slaiyers are quite impressed with it.
  • Tails has progressed in his training with the Defenders. Ronald McDonald, a master of illusions, at first refused to train Tails, but Pori persuaded him to cooperate. Ronald then attempted to kill Tails at the conclusion of their time together, but Cheetoh Man intervened. Pac-Man then directed Kermit to Intellect Bond with Ronald. The session between Kermit and Ronald, as well as the scene with Arthur's divinations, are full of ominous but quite vague foreshadowing.
  • Most recently, Knuckles, and later Amy, arrived at the Defenders' hideout, initiating a sequence of events so bizarre as to defy any concise summary. Suffice it to say that the motivations, loyalties, and veracities of Knuckles, Amy, and all the Defenders--especially Cheetoh Man, Hello Kitty, and Ronald--are now quite unclear.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

presented without comment

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

anyways im gonna kill you and gently caress yo

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

From the website:

me posted:

There will be a slight delay until Page 21 due to a real life issue. In the meantime, Lazerbot is making something to tide us over until then, called "Tails gets trolled Ultimate Alternate reality".

Behold:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

i gotta say this is the funniest tgt has been in a while

coolbob fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 15, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Lazerbot is getting these out almost as fast as the original chapter 1

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

tails is a loving psycho

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Seems like in this version, the trolls are the good guys

coolbob fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 18, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

Alright I take it back the fruit basket + Sonic made it funny again

same

Sonic: you knuckles and shadow beat up them trolls didn't you?

Tails: no i loving murdered them

Sonic: oh!

On another note, did anyone else notice that Tails only has one tail?

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Pori said exactly what I was thinking. Somehow Shadow is more of a psychopath than in the original timeline

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I can understand being weary if it seems like Lazerbot is trying to delay TGT yet again, but I don't think that's the case. As I said in my first post about it, Lazerbot and his brother are having a "real life issue", specifically they discovered that their electronics had a roach infestation after they moved and are trying to get rid of them. They are fully dedicated to continuing TGT and are just waiting for the situation to be resolved. They're also still working on the script, and other artists have apparently started on art for the next chapter. Additionally the AU comic is not taking much time or effort, and 90% of it is just reusing the same art with the text changed. Better than no new TGT content at all IMO

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

who helped toad?
lol

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

The MSJ posted:

These AU strips are just the same art with minor alterations and some new lines. They probably barely take a day to make.

he is sending me them in batches of 2-3 per day to put on the website

Jackie D posted:

I can't believe lazerbot broke his laptop again

It's actually their desktop with the infestation, their laptop seems to be fine which is how he's making these. I know the lazerbot broke his laptop meme I'm just sayin' lol

edit: exact quote from embergram

Embergram posted:

Our desktop is in an air tight bag in attempt to kill the bugs without taking the drat thing apart. All of our digital projects are on that hard drive.
I have plans on setting it up in a controlled location and pulling more data off of it with a flash drive, but we've been busy.
We have 2 laptops, so we just decided to make tgtuar and do script work. Hoping the down time is short.

Didn't even realize [the roaches in the computer] until we tried to move it.
Not to mention, the monitor is in a separate quarantine bag with other items for the same issue. I despise roaches.
We should be fine, just gonna take me a few to sort through it and set tgt back up

coolbob fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 20, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

the roaches are real and gross and they are my friends

they are not real, if i have not experienced something my self it does not exist

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

How do these things keep happening to his hardware

I guess he does live in the swamps of Louisiana or somewhere like that, right?

He's lived all over the country, right now he's in Missouri

Anyway new page

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

lol

What about Silver's love interest, Blaze

e: who likes guys that are colored silver

Silver and Blaze were outside of the castle stabbing trolls with spears, then I guess Silver told Blaze to wait outside and ran in to help Tom and Sylvester judging from this page, the last time we saw them (in 2013 lol) http://tailsgetstrolled.org/ch16/pg4.html

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

chapter 23 is complete

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I think his brother writes most of the dialogue. I talk to them on Discord and they pretty much type the same way. I don't think it's about being careful, they've just gotten a bit better at spelling, though occasionally still make mistakes as Robob pointed out

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

JazzFlight posted:

LOL, why is Wile E. Coyote now essentially the main character of the webcomic “Tails Gets Trolled?”

it was always an ensemble cast despite the name. tails went without appearing for several chapters even in the early days of the comic

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

eminkey2003 posted:

Can't wait to see these guys in the comic:

this is
dragonballz see
the difference

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

cyote

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

i will kill you and let my son put strings in your body

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Literally Kermit posted:

Porki was his wife, which I don’t recall if was just a female version of Porky, or what he thought Petunia Pig was named.

No, Syvester later says they forced Porki to go the the bar with them. I have no idea honestly

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

multijoe posted:

Thread question: do you read the borrowed characters in their home franchises' voices, or in a way that matches the tone of their dialogue?

Depends on the character. For most characters I do, but for example, Sylvester in this recent page I didn't. Though if I was making a fandub or animation (which I actually am making) I'd want them to be close to their canon counterparts as possible

For some reason I read Skat's (the German guy who hangs out with the pony) dialogue in Blaze the Movie Fan's voice

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Backweb posted:

Lol Kario owns. I forgot about his lower case nascar tshirt

thinking about making a tgt merch store and selling the times new roman nascar shirt

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

another new page already wow

This was reminiscent of classic TGT. lol at that tonal shift

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

LordMune posted:

why is he paying in trollface dollars :ohdear:

I'm guessing that the Troll Slaiyers went to Troll City to get supplies or that Troll money is the most stable form of currency in the TGT world. Others have speculated that Hulk is a spy for The Trolls but I do not believe that to be the case

I'm more concerned about the fact that Silver said he couldn't find Blaze

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I think I said this before but the songs from the album are stuck in my head all the time. JFlight has truly done a great service for the world

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

If she likes guys that are colored silver she should give me a call

how the gently caress is she talking about you? your not silver and shes never met you before dumb gently caress

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Indeed, they are great. Looking forward to more if he makes them. He's also made some good TGT memes as well

Also, new page

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Next page will hopefully be done this week. In other news, a fan graciously made a new layout for the site. Someone also suggested that there should be a new character popularity poll like the ones Lazerbot used to do on his DA, so I made one here.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

ninjewtsu posted:

Cant believe no one's talking up rob here

I voted for Rob, Silver, and Tom though I wish I voted for Kario. As far as characters who have made me laugh the most he is up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Sadly I got spoiled on this page before release because I had to help Lazerbot and the team finish it up. But I hope the rest of you enjoy it