Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I think a coupla old Cantillon bottles went for four figures at the last Brews for New Avenues, but at least that's for charity and you can write it off on your taxes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, Texas has the right weather for it. It's why I don't get breweries like Brash here in Houston - I'm not a huge fan of their beers to begin with, though a couple friends are, but all they make are giant DIPAs and barrel aged stouts. I don't want a 12% stout when it's 97 degrees out, I want a blonde ale or a pilsner or something easy to drink.

In Brash's defense they make regular beers too, EZ-7 is a fine 5% pale in cans. That said Brash is run by Petrol Station people, who are the pioneers of drinking 10% beers outdoors when it's 98 degrees out with 90% humidity. I know because I used to be part of their team until I gained sense and moved out of Houston.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

GOOD WEST COAST "HAZY IPAS" I'VE HAD:

Claim 52
10 Barrel

BAD ONES:

All else

Thus proving that breweries with numbers in the name are the only good ones.

Brothers was great back when it was 3 Brothers

On a serious note, I intend to update the first post for the first time in five years this weekend, any requests?

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Hola amigos. I know it's been a while since I rapped at you all, but I'm still into good beer.

Just wanted to drop a line since I'll be in Portland all this weekend, partly for Brews for New Avenues, which remains the greatest beer event ever and I'll accept no dissenting opinion on this. Wayfinder Beer has opened and it looks like the New Hotness over there, but there's also a couple breweries in the suburbs I've been wanting to visit...and there's that one closing in the Pearl I wanna get to before it does...and there's another taproom right nearby...

It's too much alcohol for just one liver guys.

(Drop a line if you'd like to say hello over the weekend btw.)

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

SA meet and also my first post in sixteen months. Hiiii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Hi guys, I remain retired from SA, enjoyin’ the slow life from my front yard in Burlington...

(ps. I thought I bought a lot from Hill today, but the Connecticut guys in front of me likely bought a good $1200 worth across seven boxes...)