Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Any recommendations for brewpubs/brewery tasting rooms/good beer bars in Portland, OR? The wiki page has an entry for Bend, but I'm only going to be there a couple days with no car (so, transit accessible from downtown/Pearl district). Already planning to hit up Hair Of The Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I'm going to Oktoberfest this year in Munich, has anyone done it and have tips? The Germany thread in D&D (which afaict is the only active germany thread) is just telling me not to go because it's a tourist trap. I know it's a tourist trap.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Today is the day I pick up a case of Westvleteren 12 in case anyone was wondering

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

codo27 posted:

Still having some grief with the kegerator. Local brewery store guy suggested I coil the beer hose up on top of the keg, and to use some vegetable oil on the rubber part of the coupler fitting. That seemed to work beautifully, but every keg since has seemed to get worse. Next stop for me is to try one of these Nukataps which supposedly helps with the foam as well as the stickiness that can occur on the tap handle.

I saw a review where someone mentioned putting the thermostat down to 4 or just under, but that hasn't had any effect either. I cleaned it all quite well, or so I believe, before inserting this keg but man, tons and tons of head and it never seems to start flowing clear. So frustrating.

How long is your line, and what ID is it? What's your pressure/temperature, and how are you carbonating the keg? Does your kegerator have a tower, or is the faucet coming straight out of the inside?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It depends what the inner diameter (ID) of the line is as well. 3/16" will give more resistance than 1/4". More resistance == less head.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Hair of the Dog's tasting room is closed, but they sell bottles for pickup, tons of really good barrel aged stuff: https://hairofthedog.com/product-category/beers/

Cascade is also fantastic, great sours. Really, Portland is super walkable, relatively small, and has a ton of good breweries. You can pick a neighborhood and hit 3 or 4 in an afternoon and almost certainly not get any duds.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The bubble has peaked and is starting to collapse, but here in Chicago we haven't had any of the pillars of the craft scene fail and disappear yet, until now. Find yourself a nice craft lager, and pour one out, into a glass, and drink it, because you never know when landlords will just completely gently caress over one of the best breweries with the best people and the best location around. RIP Metropolitan.

I did get to take home a case of flywheel pilsner and a couple .5L steins, and I had a nice afternoon getting drunk on the river.

Where the gently caress am I gonna get altbier now though.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Athletic's stout (All Out) is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

krustster posted:

Hey these Athletic NA beers are actually really good how come I never tried them before, both the IPAs are excellent (for what they are)

Yup! I really like their stout, All Out. I think if you served it to me in a glass so I couldn't see the label, I'd be on my third one before I started to catch on that I was still sober.