Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Craigslist is being a giant turd this morning/last night but I haven't seen any crazy deals on that exact search for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Breaking front brake levers halfway down a mountain sucks. panic grabbing thin air the rest of the way down was fun.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The service manual has it listed as a consumable

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I've been trying to learn Walker solo during the week the last few weeks.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Walker hurt my shoulder today but I'm down for the Saturday a week from tomorrow

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I didn't expect to sit in my computer chair and watch the full 4.5 hours of that. Homie shaking his butt for the camera as they were going under the bridge at the top of downtown was appreciated.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Afternoon trail riding is a Good IdeaTM. RIP le tron fu

https://gfycat.com/IdealPastAtlanticridleyturtle

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

what's the new place that just opened up?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Kitsap Sun posted:

a downloadable GPS property map for smartphones to use while riding

Whoa neat. I'd pay a dude for that

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

drat, I gotta get another dirtbike.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Just trying to show off my powers, bro!

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The main point of etiquette I like to give is raising my hand with the corresponding number of followers behind me, with the next person doing n-1 and so on until the last person in the group throws up a closed fist indicating they're the last in the group.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

kenny powerzzz posted:

My girl rides on the back of my 990 adventure as often as she can. I'm a tall fat rear end and she's not huge but not a twig either. We've done two up stuff off road loaded with luggage and it is actually pretty easy for me to pilot and for her to ride, all things considering.

On single track?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Dang that sounds like fun and a prudent set-up

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

me and Gullous are gonna go to walker tomorrow. He's a monster and I'm a big baby. come join us if u want

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Thursday: Took my husqvarna 350 out into the mountains and it died on me at the very furthest point I could be on that trail, I walked back 10+ miles in 90+ degree heat in my compression shorts and tech 8 booties after stashing my gear in the woods.
Friday: Took my friends husqvarna 250 to go get all the gear loaded down on my 350 because I was doing a simple shakedown ride to make sure everything was all good to go for a multi day trip. transferred the gear but then the bike died and wouldn't kick over or bump. got towed out by a hunter, put it on a charger for the night thinking it's just a poo poo battery.
Saturday: Me, my friend, and his friend go out on the 250 again and his friend's Zero FX which I nut2butted without passenger pegs on all the way to my 350 with tools to try to fix it. 250 dies again. I fix my 350 by bringing a gas can, transferring the gas out of the tank, pulling the fuel pump, and recrimping a hose I thought I crimped good already. bike fires right up. I'm on my way out. Zero starts towing the 250 while I'm slowly following. my bike wont start. I have to do the whole process over again with an even tighter crimp. I pass the now abandoned 250 and meet up with them doubled up on the Zero and we all leave because it's way too hot.
Today: Take the battery out of my 350, ride a much comfier GS with big blocks on it sketchily two up, with the moral support of the Zero FX back to the 250, swap batteries, and I ride it like hell back out of there before it dies because the charging system is toast on it. everyone gets home.

I just paid back all the good motorcycle luck debt I had been accruing over the past decade+ of riding. Lol husqvarnas

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

part of my shakedown was weighing down with over a gallon of water and I think that's what saved me on the first day. bring hella water always

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I got a ride to the ranger station the last 2 miles of my breakdown adventure from an extremely racist hunter in a giant f-350 (he's half latino so he's allowed to). I hate liking shitkicker shithead hobbies

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

overt racists cannot help themselves to shutting the gently caress up and I get annoyed that I've got the comforting face and appearance to get to hear it

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

On my FC350 I have to remove my whole exhaust to remove my shock or vice versa I can't remember I don't want to lol husqvarnas

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

What's that block of metal where the clutch slave cylinder is? it looks neat

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I also flipped my wr250f in those dunes on my first dirt biking experience. Something clogged my idle jet and it made feathering up the rocky slope back to the staging area hard for my first time out. I wanna go back there and Taneum this summer.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

If you're replacing seals may as well get the bushings replaced as well. They sell fork rebuild kits for most models and it's marginally more expensive and worth it if you have the forks disassembled. A fork driver tool is handy for the seal, and then an oil height/air gap tool is handy too but I've used a coat hanger with a marked off height and just slowly added oil until the tip is wet.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Verman posted:

Somewhat dirt bike related, my bike is still down in need of a top end but that has to wait until after we move into the new house in 2 weeks.

After renting all of my adult life, it's going to be really nice having an actual garage with a concrete floor (our current rental has a small single stall dirt floor garage) and being able to customize the work space how I need without worrying about moving again in a few years.

Moving into a house with a proper garage has been a big cathartic relief after spending a year with a dirt floored shed to put my bikes in. I was finally able to do the top end on my fc350 that I had been putting off for the past almost year. you're gonna love it.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

My tech 10's have been sitting in front of a heater for three days now and are still wet

And my dash played keepaway
https://streamable.com/qhzofr

lol husqvarnas

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oh interesting I should grab some of those drop-in boot dryers that's a hot tip.

I also didn't notice the dash was dangling for 45 minutes but I Allen Millyarded a solution just now:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Following up on the boot dryer recommendations to say thanks. I got these guys and they dried wet boots in less than a day

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

blindjoe posted:

I figured it would be the same HONGDA as i have, but it came as a Keihin - absolutely a fake.

wait what? Aren't keihins the industry standard?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Sounds like that dude was annoyed he had to do all that work for one paying customer instead of multiple paying customers

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

It's better when you drop into a ravine and get to see the step-downs on the way down. When you get to the bottom and start heading straight up the next uphill and get met with more switchback step-ups that are harder than before and you have to decide if you want to gamble on continuing on or head back the way you came. That feeling sucks in the moment but feels good to look back on when you make it back to the staging area.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I made a lovely mount for a trail tech speedo and put bar risers on so my brake line rubs the gently caress up on it and I just d o n o t c a r e =\

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oh and it's converted to supermoto to run at thunderhill next weekend lol husqvarnas

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The ol' high speed east. I've never done west

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

The only customer made video I found on youtube was a guy who hit one of those ridges in the path and ate poo poo like I did, except he was going much faster.

post the vid

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Brave of you to post that thank you. That looks like regular old fashioned fun atv trails. But it can be a total pain if you've never ridden a dirtbike before and don't know the feeling of your wheels traveling in two different directions in different ruts at once. Also not knowing how to use the bike to your advantage instead of struggling through every rut. I'm guessing you were sitting down the whole time too which makes you way more tired overall.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

practice makes permanent

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

and your fingers are on the clutch constantly modulating or ready to modulate at a moment's notice. You can't dirtbike slowly smoothly if you try and do it all with the throttle hand

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That's mainly motocross. Most all other dirt riding can be done safe-ish-ly

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

rip cylinder walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I drop my dirtbike all the loving time