Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
South shore here. I'd head into Boston to meet up with some AI goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
Kastein's is about an hour and change from my place and lax code enforcement sounds like a bonus for destroying things with thermite. Something closer to the 495 loop would probably be more central for everyone though

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
I've got some camping stuff that's been gathering dust in storage so that sounds like a great time.

Also, I've been meaning to go to the New England Forest Rally for years; is anyone else on the fence?

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the 12th. I'll bring beer and some stuff to grill up. What's on the docket to be sacrificed to the AI gods?

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

BigPaddy posted:

Ok well being asked about what happens if I am under 18 and caught drag racing was a bit pointless but I am officially a learner driver... again.
Please tell the class what you've done.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
Do any of you know of a DIY garage place near Boston? I do most of my car work in my brother-in-law's driveway but it would be nice to rent a bay/lift to make things warmer/easier, respectively. I did a quick google search but came up empty except for a place in Nashua.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

kastein posted:

we successfully raided all the subarus, jeeps, toyotas, and BMWs at Sams. No one died, only a little blood was spilt.
Did you see any Volvo 240s there? I'm looking for some trim pieces.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
Thanks for the info, Hillridge. Nashua is a little over an hour away but it sounds pretty awesome. Like everyone else said, throw out some dates for a meet up and I'll do my best to be there.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
The 19th works for me. I can bring along some burgers if you have a grill there.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hillridge posted:

How late is too late to start on the 19th? I have to go to a birthday party at foxwoods Friday night, so I doubt I'll be back before early afternoon Saturday.

You're the host, start it when you want. 2pm? 4pm?

I've got a buddy that lives in Merrimack so I can be there whenever.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
I'll be there, most likely around 1.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
Good times yesterday. Thanks for hosting, Hillridge :cheers:

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Black88GTA posted:

I got there sort of late, but I didn't see any one taking pics while I was there. There weren't really any "HOLY poo poo LEMME GET THE CAMERA OUT" type of moments that I saw, although there was a bit of after dark hooning a kludged together go-kart, and some attempted repairs on my door hinges. That is, until we actually looked up the job online and found poo poo like "never doing this job again" and "IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO FIX TWO DOORS RAARRGGGH" type posts on various forums, after which we pretty much concluded "welp, gently caress that" and slapped it all back together. I may attempt it again in the spring.

Someone remember to bring a dremel or angle grinder to the next meet. We'll show the General how it's done.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hillridge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7LPdM5av8

~42 seconds in is where the drive sprocket sheared/lost all but one of the bolts. My clothing is still soaked from that ride.

Two threads wasn't enough :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Black88GTA posted:

I'm too far away and probably too weird. I wish they'd have poo poo like that out here. Or maybe they do, and I'm just not cool enough to know about it :saddowns:

Nah man, you aren't too weird. I was all :ohdear: about meeting goons up at Hillridge's place but you guys were all normal dudes who happen to like cars and internet comedy forums.

• Locked thread