Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You don't want to sleep in kastein's haunted house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The NEAI logo should be "NEAI" in block letters but with the bottom half of each letter rusted out substantially. Maybe the AI could have a few patch panels booger welded to the bottom of it and some Chassis Saver smeared haphazardly on the bottom of that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

daslog posted:

I have every intention of making the Rallyx, assuming I don't drop any more Circlips into my engine block during my rebuild.

Raises compression (momentarily).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That camshaft shifter thing is going to become a ricer trend, I'm warning you right now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Isn't that how everyone in NEAI parks?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Is it wrong that the part I found funniest was the use of vise grips?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

Just got a snapchat of a bridgeport in a dumpster? Trailer?

All I know is ken rented a uhual trailer and might be killed by a bridgeport this afternoon in traffic.

Sweet Jesus. AI delivers again.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
How sad of a life do you have to have to be a gang leader in Omaha, Nebraska?

All shaking down the local dollar stores for protection money.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Wow, I've never seen bleed screws that long.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
gently caress the MJ, I wonder if the five ton will destroy their track surface.

I snap my left foot from the brake pedal and let the rear end rotate as much as it's willing to do, this Mad Max prop of a truck coming around with enough lean to sexually arouse a double decker bus. The turbo, finally free of the boredom of corners, emits a horrorshriek as the back straight reveals itself to me. A BMW M3 in front of me reflexively dives for the Armco, escaping my field of vision in a burst of shredded metal and dollar-store cologne. The war machine is pleased, burbles softly on the next upshift, luring me into a false sense of security. I can feel the icy grip of hubris on every pedal adjustment.

The track officials are gathering a squadron of fire engines, tow vehicles and ambulances at the finish line, in some cargo cult approximation of the end of every airplane-crisis movie I've ever seen. My vision narrows as the truck hits its top speed of about 52 miles per hour.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 30, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

SFH1989 posted:

Maybe we could get something to rival the NASCAR fanfic in SAS.

Smoke turned left.

Then he turned left again.

After the race I asked him what his secret was. His secret was turning left. Then we hosed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

always be closing posted:

Going to Wethersfield DMV tomorrow to register a 92 Chevy c1500 104k 5.0 2wd reg cab.

Guess how much sales tax they charge me on it, closest w/o going over wins a DMV ballpoint pen.

$1700 x 6.350% = $107.95

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I love this loving thread.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Get the kids to hold onto it. Then it's a fun activity that builds character.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You should just use that Braille battery.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
New England AI: please do not do burnouts on my vintage heirloom driveway

No but seriously don't be a prick to Pipkin. He is awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

More tsd talk:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/tsds-spill-it/17392/page1/

Very good entry into motorsport that gets you out and seat time and makes you more than just a cone squisher.

I have way more fun at TSDs than autocross. It's a little hard to find codrivers :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That ZJ is super unsafe. Everyone knows cars in NEAI that don't have ratchet-strapped logs as a major component of the suspension system are rolling deathtraps.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Wow that Buick was a lot older than I was led to believe.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Can we set this to the autoplay video for the AI subforum?

Because let's be honest, Ken rodeo'ing a jerry-rigged overpowered throttle-less mobility scooter he and Ace found in a ditch with a road flare in hand is probably peak alternative-energy AI. We could probably get a grant from the EPA or some poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Wait a minute this is too nice for NEAI.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Yaaay congrats!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Happy birthday duderino.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

shy boy from chess club posted:

drat that's too bad about the rust. Cool otherwise, I didn't know about the sport package and stuff.

The Sports bumper is super loving awesome. We didn't get them at all in Canada, I think, so they are a very sought-after part here.

I believe the mould is originally from the JDM Forester STI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kimbo305 posted:

I'm still on their mailing list and didn't see anything. Last time tore the big rust hole on my charger to twice the size; not sure I wanna risk any more before I sell it.

If you could tear a rust hole bigger that easily, everything around it was already rust anyway. You are just being a more honest seller, plus you can include with the car pictures of it sliding on dirt which they can show to their friends and pretend was theirs.

• Locked thread