Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hillridge posted:

I'm going to try and make it to this if possible.

I'd also like to offer my workshop in Nashua for future events. We have a 9000lbs. asymmetrical Rotary lift, lots of space, and within the next couple weeks should be getting a CNC plasma cutter that will do 3/4" steel or better. Hell, if any of you live nearby and want to drop by some night or weekend to use the facility, I'm there all the time.

No kidding. I'm in Milford, and I work in Merrimack. Where in Nashua is your shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have a running DOHC 2.5 from a 98 Subaru RS. It's currently in the car and will be sold on Craig's list, but I thought I would be offer it up here first.

Edit: I don't need the ECU or Harness, so you can take that too if you want to buy the engine.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Odometer says 140k. I hadn't really thought about price though. How much are these worth?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So how much should I list it for?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BigPaddy posted:

Hello NE AI Goons. I have pissed off enough people at work and they are sending me from the UK to the Boston office and having sold the Skyline today I am now looking at something for when I move in about a months time and get an MA driving license since my UK one will be worth exactly zero.

I hear you guys get snow, like lots of snow, do I need something with 4wd to not get stranded in the middle of no where and die of exposure? Really just an excuse to start looking at Impreza WRX and Lancer Evos for my new daily driver. Can't cost more than an GTR to run right?

You are probably going to get shot (American Gun laws) before you see snow. I wouldn't worry about it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would go but you goons scare me. And I'm old

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hillridge posted:

Whoops, I've been neglecting this thread while catching up on stuff the last couple weeks after vacation.

If you haven't settled on a place yet, I can still offer up the hackerspace if you guys are interested.

Just got the lift re-certified for this year, and we've dialed in the plasma CNC pretty well now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJby075mUQ

What are you using to powder coat with? I really want to get one

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Opensourcepirate posted:

Porsche Doublepost!

Guys should I buy Kimbo's 944?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3298893762.html

My Jetta isn't AI enough but I'm not sure if I should get a car that's older than I am.

No AC, cracked dash, Bad primer, horribly underpowerd, no cats.

:swoon:

I'd buy it in a second.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

ACEofsnett posted:

Really? I'm not sure I'd call the 944 horribly underpowered. It's packing 10 less hp than the the 325i, for example. But for the time it was pretty quick. Hell, the '84 corvette barely broke 200 and weighs almost 500 lbs more.

If you think this thing is horribly underpowered, you should drive an '84 318 or something.

Yea I was a bit harsh. I'd still buy it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I need a EJ25 SOHC for my 99. Grab one for me if you see it.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

chrisgt posted:

I thought you had a legacy?? Those are all DOHC in 99. Only impreza and fozzy got the sohc 2.5 in 99.

Impreza RS

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Is this where you were trying to find EJ25s?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I am in need of a decent machine shop for my Subaru EJ25 rebuild in the Nashua NH/Manchester area. Anyone got one?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm headed there in about 2 hours. I'll post some pictures afterwards.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Some pictures from today.

Goon freezing

Slow is Fast's car

ChrisGT's car

Sif cursing his bald tires

ChrisGT being smug as he had better times even though he broke a rear CV joint in the morning.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have every intention of making the Rallyx, assuming I don't drop any more Circlips into my engine block during my rebuild.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
They gave me Extra Circlips. It's a good thing because one went flying across the room!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I just registered the RS for the Epping Rally cross on the 9th. Hope to see some of you there!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
We got 6 inches of snow where I live, not sure what Epping got but it should make for a crazy RallyX tomorrow. My first one too!

ChristGT looks ready,

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Shakycam Dash camera of my last run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM8WalksD0U

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
ChrisGT

And the conditions.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Here is a playlist of videos I took from the Rallycross yesterday in Rochester. The Weather was pretty good, and I had a great time.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrNzEJGLQ8uWF4TeBaejUk_yBP6WpqaU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibExhrHVCk

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
How to remove a Camshaft from a Forester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9FmQKuLH8

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Someone make a GIF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbc-SVZNGzc

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
My son is selling his 1998 Subaru Impreza RS. Motor was recently rebuilt, and he recently welded in replacement quarter patches. If you know anyone who is interested, let me know.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

Newengland.txt

21:25:11 < daslog> NEFR forecast is also 80% mosquitoes
21:25:18 <&kastein> only 80%?
21:25:20 <&chrisgt> only 80%?

I'm ready!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Start

The End

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

Any of you subarusexuals have any used MLS EJ head gaskets sitting around? Unbent is all I request, don't care if they've been torqued, used, run, whatever.

Or any garbage-grade EJ25 head gaskets you bought and then realized you should buy the good ones. As long as they haven't been run in, those are fine too.

I need two.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

i own every Bionicle posted:

Thanks, my tuner and a few others have also recommended them. I like how they list the rates for all EJ services on their site.

While you are having the heads done, it's a good time to add aftermarket valve springs. The stock ones are pretty wimpy.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

i own every Bionicle posted:

Cool, thanks for the info. Anything you suggest? Will the better springs just prevent float at higher RPM?

Larry's put Manley springs on mine. Yea it's for the float.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Konrad posted:

Alright, I booked a 10:00 AM slot for the practice day. I figure I'll show up early to observe the 9:00 slot and hopefully not embarrass myself being new to this. Any advice on etiquette or what to expect (that wasn't covered on the website) would be welcome.

I'll be bringing my stock Forester XT on snow tires, my open face autocross helmet, warm clothes, and lunch. I'm not sure what else to do besides just show up, just go with the flow, and hopefully have fun.

Extra socks and boots. A gallon of water.

• Locked thread