Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

kimbo305 posted:

Let's meet up in the parking lot by the local (Cambridge) Magic / nerd store, where every week I see a bunch of Subies (mostly STis) gather for some NASIOC thing. Seriously, what the hell could that be?

Pandemonium by Central? That's an expensive parking lot to have a meet (buck an hour, City lot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Western Mass checking in. My car isn't really AI, but I'd still be down for a meetup.

I would totally compete with you for the least AI car. But, I'm also down for a meetup. I live near Salem, grew up in the Berkshires.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

That is like 25 miles from my house. Who wants to watch me get out of an upside down MJ wrapped around a tree?

e: Here's a rendered map, they are going counterclockwise.

Don't you work on the North Shore somewhere? And you're only 25 miles from Ware? That's a nutso commute if so.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

Yeah, I work in Woburn and live in Southbridge. It's really not that bad, i90 to i95, or 495N to 93S if some idiot hosed up i90 between 495 and 95.

*shudder*

I should talk though, I moved to Watertown (and paid the "Close to the city price") because I was sick of a 90 minute commute (one way) from Salem on the T.

But then again, I was relying on the T, so that was probably my problem right there.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Three hours in. Took 5 total to clear the driveway.

I need a snowblower.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Eventually I did, when it became clear that:

A: He wasn't coming out to help

B: When he did come out, he shoveled 3 feet in front of his spot on the garage, 2 feet out by the street and a meandering cowpath from the front door that I had to redo.

Edit: 3 to 5 inches tonight, 2 to 6 inches Sunday night, nobody in town has a snowblower in stock for less than $1000.

Sigh.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Ozmiander posted:

Whereabouts are you? If you want to make the drive to NY, we're pretty well stocked up.

Watertown MA, spitting distance from Boston. But, the In-Laws live in Amsterdam NY, so we could make an excuse to head out that way.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

Nasty looking drifts.

Looks relatively light though, is it cold and dry snow, or barely below freezing wet and heavy snow?

That was all cold and fluffy snow, not that bad to shovel (other than the fuckton of it I had to move) today though, it's heavy wet snow piling up on top of it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Nice. I was out shoveling from 7 to 9:30 last night in the wind. We have a two car wide driveway and the neighbors parked their (HHR) in the garage and so far have left it. They have not done a single useful bit of shoveling since we started getting snow. At first I was all good neighbor and like "well, I won't shovel into their side in case they need to dig out." Now I'm like "I've got nowhere else to put the snow. Dig a triangle and use my lane if you have to"

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Hey NEAI, where in the area (greater Boston metro ideally, but I'll travel for a deal) would I buy a P71 Crown Vic or a police Explorer?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Holdbrooks is a stand up dude. Braved the Boston metro traffic to have my goony rear end walk him around MIT for an hour.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

WTF happened to you guys? I'm fine.

We need to extend the wheelie bar on the deathkart because if that thing gets a Predator motor or a proper gasser front suspension (so you don't have to scootch all the way back on it to maintain a wheelie) it's probably going to crack some skulls.

Okay, I'm coming next time. I have most of a chinese electric scooter I've been unsuccessfully trying to get running for like 2 years. You guys got a mobility cart that you picked up out of the trash to work with a light switch fast enough to play with it all weekend. I'll totally pay in beer and desktop support. I'll make all your computers run like new.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

I give no guarantee that it will have any kind of safety features, speed control, brakes, reverse gear, or really anything beyond jamming power directly into the motor.

Welding the office chair on was fun too. We did that a few weeks ago actually.

And no cares were had to be found anywhere. If we can get it rolling, we can play with it until it burns down, or we do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Or, you know, if anyone else wants it... it's free for the taking, it's been gathering dust for a couple of years. Also have a D1x, but it needs more involved repairs (shutter is jammed).

If Fart doesn't want it, I might be interested in the D1x. Did you get a quote to get it fixed, or is this more of a "who knows, maybe it can be fixed, maybe not" thing?

• Locked thread