Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Slow is Fast posted:

February 2nd Epping NH rallycross.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/3F21EB93-0DFA-DC1D-B2B56C6C3EE32E5B#.UPXsR31zh2M

Bill Tulley, Chrisgt, and I are gonna go tear up some fields. Come compete, spectate, ride along, whatever.

I am located very near to this event. How likely am I to break something on a stock 2000 Legacy wagon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Cool, thanks. I will likely show up and just spectate. Sounds like a lot of fun but I can't afford to fix my daily right now.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
(Un)fortunately I had an opportunity to do some work/piloting with a UAV in Manchester today this morning that I couldn't pass up so I could not get over to check it out. Looks like you guys had fun. My car doesn't have anything hilarious emblazoned on it with masking tape anyway.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Does anyone know of a really good machine shop around here that specializes in turbo Subarus? I'm rebuilding my engine now and basically have figured out that the valve/lifter failed due to lovely work by the last shop that my previous mechanic took the head to.

I'd like to get both heads inspected and rebuilt as necessary.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Slow is Fast posted:

Larrys power is the only option.

http://www.larryspower.com/

Thanks, my tuner and a few others have also recommended them. I like how they list the rates for all EJ services on their site.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

daslog posted:

While you are having the heads done, it's a good time to add aftermarket valve springs. The stock ones are pretty wimpy.

Cool, thanks for the info. Anything you suggest? Will the better springs just prevent float at higher RPM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Thanks guys. This is going in an LGT with VF52 with more boost so better springs sounds good.

Also the Larry's Power website is amazing. Clearly their reputation does their advertising for them so no need to hire a slick web guy.

• Locked thread