Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
American staff(TM) akc approved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

you guys

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

American staff is a breed (at least according to the AKC, which I put more stock in than whatever you have to say, but you're welcome to disagree I guess?) It is a type of pit bull. It is my favorite breed because I grew up around one and became fond of its personality and temperament. Not to mention superficial reasons (I think it is one of the most beautiful looking dogs).

i want to quote this until the day i die

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I screenshotted it and I'm going to post it everywhere for the rest of my life

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

American staff is a breed (at least according to the AKC, which I put more stock in than whatever you have to say, but you're welcome to disagree I guess?) It is a type of pit bull. It is my favorite breed because I grew up around one and became fond of its personality and temperament. Not to mention superficial reasons (I think it is one of the most beautiful looking dogs).

YOU IDIOT!!!

Engrave this on my headstone

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

my favorite breed is the american bull stafford dog terrier, a good family dog when raised in a family home

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

Something I never said lol but please tell me what my family dog (that you are assuming we got as a puppy) and family home were like lmao

tell me more about the AKC and pit bulls

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

pit me up inside (can't pit up)

pit me up inside (can't pit up)

(saaaave me )

call my name and save me from the dogs

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I'm just here to learn about pit bulls

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Verman posted:

I believe you meant to say poo poo bull murder dogs.

Sarcasm ... I love pit bulls.

They literally are shitbull murder dogs

and I love them too

but I want

TBeats in particular to enlighten me :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

youre a good dog dude

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Warbird, I've enjoyed your posts, much as I've enjoyed leading larchesdanrew's TV station saga in the tech support thread, or Sundae's accounts of corporate hell in BFC.

Supercondescending, Ausrotten, you two need to get a website where novice dog owners try and talk condescendingly to you about dogs, because it's hilarious every time.

All the old, dead, rotting PI regulars just live here now like the sad, bitter moms we are https://www.facebook.com/groups/Godblessamerican/

It's why this subforum is dead now; now we are free. Come to us *hold out hand*

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Where can I get me one of these here supergene hybrids

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Your local animal shelter. American Brown Dogs are supposed to be amazingly healthy.

Would you recommend that I adopt, rather than shop?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Or you could be way into a specific breed of dog and buy the dog you want from a breeder too because you can not get dogs with specific pedigrees from shelters

It is completely fine to buy a loving dog, gently caress off

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I don't even know the exact number of dogs I have raised and worked with and the rescues are always the biggest pains in the asses. Blank slates are noice.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Euth the dog. Don't get another one.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Euth the dog. = Advice
Don't get another one. = Same cunty dickwavering

What is it with this loving thread? Do you practice being offensive and demeaning?

thank you for your nuanced and biting critique

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

yeah all the old PI posters just moved to a FB group because we got tired of holding babies hands and getting yelled at/probated for not doing it politely enough literally all the time sry

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

like birdmod is mostly chill but it was just Too Late and yall still whine if we're not nice enough so rip PI

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Sprue posted:

Also, granted I haven't read through much of this thread, but I don't really get the attitude thing. People are coming here for advice, and people that have experience and want to share advice should do that. There is no reason to be an rear end in a top hat when people come to you for advice. If someone is doing something clearly wrong (even if it is negligent) it doesn't usually help the situation in any way by being an rear end in a top hat to them. Ninety percent of the time it'll just make them defensive. The best way to help people (and by proxy their animals!) is to give the best advice you can in regards to behavior and health in a way in which you think they'll be most receptive to it, not by berating people that make mistakes or are ignorant of dog behavior and modern training methods. Remember that dominance models of dog behavior used to be the accepted thing and that if you or I were taught dog psychology twenty years ago we would have bought into that as well! Anyways, I'm not a terribly experienced handler (heck my dog wouldn't even recall off the poultry today until I sat in the grass for five minutes waiting til she got tired of circling) or a vet (I was just taught by one and I can do minor birth assists and treat injuries), so I'm not qualified to help in the other thread. If I was, I'd want to resurrect it with some other people because there is so much bad information on the internet that I'm happy when people are even asking questions and we can prevent them for ending up with some lovely advice telling them to beat their dog until it listens or whatever.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Imagine if A/I had a thread that was literally "if I turn this key in my car will it start?" only the key was made of playdough and everybody was like "I dunno but here's some youtube links!, we like love and rainbows!". Then a long time poster was like "are you retarded? that's playdough." and everyone got really offended because the old poster pointed out the goddamn key was made of playdough.

I'm terrible at analogies and I don't care.

its extremely this

and literally until this very mod, we had mods who were like "LOL PSYCHO ANIMAL LADIES" when we were like "no idiot. playdough." so we just stopped. What the gently caress do we gain from giving advice when people a) dont listen b) get defensive c) we are repeating the same poo poo over and over for y e a r s and d) we got probated or banned for not acting like excited kindergarten teachers about it

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i want to die

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I know more about farming than farmers bc I use teh gugle

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

-Uh these dogs don't "retire". They can't. They're working dogs. Working dogs die working.
-Finished for what? Walking around their backyard?
-There's no such thing as 'working" lines unless they're registered and these dogs weren't
-Dogs don't work in pairs
-obviously they don't because a few dogs isn't going to do anything to keep their sheep safe
-I really doubt that, it's oregon, they really don't have a lot of predators up there
-funny

Shut up fluffy bunnies

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Mirthless posted:

what's funny about this link is that in the golden age of the small american farm the average american farm was still 200 acres

at the peak of the great depression it was still a hundred

I do not dispute a small farmer may have need of a guard dog, I dispute that 3.5 acres qualifies as a farm

You should stop

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Mine is 5 acres, zoned agricultural, and 2 or 3 dogs is my minimum

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Instant Jellyfish posted:

"Wow why are the regulars either absent or mean???"

:shepicide:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I've been farming and raising LGDs on and off since 2006. Even in my agriculturally zoned-but-relatively-suburban current setup; my neighbors understand that I have livestock and they make noise. It's a weird mix; suburban houses with a few farms on the street, but we all get along.

Then someone bought the house next to us as started saying that feral hogs in the area were pigs that belonged to me, and I was not containing my pigs. You live in Georgia, feral hogs are ubiquitous. I know how many pigs I have. When that was cleared up, they started complaining about my LGDs barking and my roosters crowing. The local PD knows what's up and is chill about it, but these people literally moved next to a farm and are extremely outraged that there are animals on the farm. It isn't like they couldn't see them when they were buying their house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ive never wanted to die as much as this thread has made me want to die; and thats an accomplishment

how are so many people so bad at comprehending LGDs