Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle posted:

He also found a way to spend a page on bill belichick.

Spending a page on Belichick is really the least of King's sins. Belichick is a fascinating character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Deadspin had an article up today about calculating readability of our "favorite" sports reporters.

That's a thing.

Deadspin should really score a 0.0 by every single readability metric.

EDIT: And incidentally Flesch-Kinkaid is a bullshit metric.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 24, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blackula69 posted:

Also my girlfriend is a bilingual editor/proofreader for the main publication of the canadian government. So she writes, translates, and edits stuff in both official languages, much of which was written by random public servants with a) no writing training whatsoever b) little skill in their second language and c) a vested interest in obfuscating the real meaning of the law/regulation/proposal.

I do not envy her job.

Does it gently caress up her grammar when she's speaking socially? Because I spent a while studying Spanish and I keep having to fight the urge to drop Spanish words into my speech patterns, which is especially annoying since I now live in a place where nobody speaks Spanish.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tae posted:

Florio assumes the Dolphins are ran by Ashton Kutcher

Why, has Demi Moore been seen in Miami recently?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blackula69 posted:

One hundred and eighty million American dollars for zero-content slideshows

Don't forget tits.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You wouldn't think Jason Whitlock could make that sort of a burn with a straight face considering some of the garbage he's produced, yet there it is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, that article was Legitimately Good. Which just makes his usual output all the more frustrating, really. Then again he worked in Kansas City for a while so maybe the hopelessness of the local sports scene beat him down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sash! posted:

Almost 60% of marriages fail because they can't agree if Y counts or not.

Oh Jesus

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Declan MacManus posted:

Sash I didn't know you liked jokes

Of course he does. He went to Penn State.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only correct answer to "do you like girls?" is to proclaim you're a big fan of Ellen DeGeneres.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

"It's not bad but Lena Dunham's narcissism can be a bit much at times. And could Alison Williams do a nude scene now and then?"

Oh, yeah, can I change my answer to this?

Or something about the Equal Rights Amendment.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ozu posted:

PFT could actually make a wise decision and kill their comment sections.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/seeking-comments-on-whether-we-should-dump-comments/

How will Matt Florio carry on without his #1 source of information?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Badfinger posted:

Why would a man with a website built in his own likeness approve a headshot for his bio that horrendous?

A fleeting, ephemeral moment of self-awareness?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've been surprised to find that MMQB is actually filled with some interesting discussions about football. Of course none of that is coming from its lead writer.

A man's faith in humanity is confirmed by a Starbuck's giftcard. Another man's faith in humanity is shattered by a man's faith in humanity being confirmed by a STARBUCK'S GIFTCARD.

Jesus, I gave a friend one of those and all I got was a pleasant thank you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rap posted:

Maybe Peter King was thinking of the bile I sent him:

You are a beautiful human being in exactly the way that Peter King is not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Peter King is the living incarnation of First World Problems.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Puppy Bowl posted:

1) Well Dressed Coaches

Mike Nolan fought to wear a suit on the sidelines when he was the Niners' head coach. That's all that needs to be said about this one, I think.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MD2020 posted:

And imagine the markup. I recently saw "Philadelphia Eagles sandwich bags" in my local supermarket. 50 count for $3.99. And that's cheap--NFLShop has them for $5.25.

Meanwhile, you can get 70 count Ziplock for like $2.19.

But how will you carry your batteries to the game in style if you get plain Ziplock bags?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Peter King amuses me because he seems to have no earthly idea that people loving hate him. He just spends week after week talking about his stupid bullshit completely unaware of how universally loathed he is.

Which is what made the Reddit AMA hilarious

The man wrote about his bowel movements in a media column available to readers worldwide and got paid for it.

And it wasn't a troll column either. He was absolutely loving sincere about sharing his adventures in mildly-inconvenient diarrhea with the human race as a whole.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

I remember someone asked him what he felt about KSK's long standing tradition of mocking him every week and he said he doesn't read it because it made him sad.

I think he just ignores people who don't agree with him and lives in a comfortable bubble where his success allows him to not notice his critcism.

He's a lucky loving bastard and I hate him unreservedly for it. Basically if you showed Peter King to the God of Moses, he'd go back and rewrite the 10th Commandment.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ribsauce posted:

@SI_PeterKing
Manziel's reaction shows a guy who can be messed with, a rabbit-eared player. Not a good trait for a starting NFL quarterback.

Awww poor Peter must have gotten blown off by a rookie QB at training camp again.

PS I have no idea what rabbit eared means in this context.

It means he's gonna run from the Browns chain gang and get shot in the neck in a church by Jimmy Haslam.

On the plus side, this means at some point Manziel's gonna eat fifty eggs.

• Locked thread