Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like exhibit A should be Peter King's gloating story of stealing a foul ball from a 10 year old kid at a Spring Training game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Really don't listen to any man with a ponytail

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
"The Bills do make football sense. Coach Chan Gailey is perhaps the pro game's best at getting creative with mobile quarterbacks. He's the rare coach who would know what to do with Tebow. He could upgrade the backup position behind Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gailey could create packages for Tebow on the goal line and in short yardage, like the coach once did for Kordell Stewart."
-Gregg Rosenthal

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Rap posted:

I agree with you to a point, as well. But Gleason was put in that horrible spot not by Pamphilon's release of the tape, but by the fact that Gleason heard those pro-injury comments and did nothing. Just like everyone else. I don't understand how the documentarian gets the attention and Gleason--and tons of other people--skate off without any scrutiny.

Because he's handicapped. Anybody that tries to put any of this on him is going to get vilified for trying to throw a disabled person under the bus. Which is bullshit but there you go.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I don't mind Drew Magary's stuff. I actually think he deserves better than to be writing for loving Deadspin.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to see Peter King walk 2000 yards in his entire life.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

The funny part is, when Rice set the record, 1995, helmets were put in QB's helmets for the first time

Uh huh!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Jason Cole wrote that well I never

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

his health won't allow it

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
you guys Bill Simmons is gonna be on Monday Night Raw next week

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Phone posting but ESPN's ombudsman just wrote an article defending shutting down Grantland and apparently all his sources had no actual connection to grantland. Holly Anderson and some former Grantland writers are going off on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pershing posted:

So if I want to follow the Falcons more closely, where do I go? Is the AJC as bad with them as they are with the Braves?

*'Bad' in the sense of being a house organ for the team or something close.

Orlando Ledbetter is the Falcons' AJC guy and he's incredibly bland but good with news stuff. As a whole though my perception is that the AJC spends their time writing hate mail to Dimitroff. Jason Kirk is one of the big wigs at SBNation and a Falcons fan so he's a fun follow but The Falcoholic is utter garbage so stay away.

FWIW Kevin Acee is a good Chargers beat guy (Union Tribune) and runs a decent radio show on mighty 1090 that isn't god awful

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 30, 2016

• Locked thread