Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

Neglectful dad isn't going to share his awful opinions with you so he wins in a landslide.

Yes but there is evidence to suggest having a neglectful drunk for a father might turn you into Rick Reilly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

football fuckerman posted:

Omar Kelly depresses me

After falling short of achieving his childhood dream to become a super hero, Omar Kelly figured he'd do the next best thing and become a journalist who fights against injustice, and searches for truth. After being bored to death reporting news and covering politics, he switched to sports.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Like, dude has some real issues with narcissism.

A sports journalist with serious narcissism?

*monocle pops out, achieves orbit*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

There is at least a handful of those tweets every single day from Omar. It's a constant goldmine because he tweets so much.

He is at 149,600 tweets right now lol

That's literally 75 tweets a day haha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Peter King amuses me because he seems to have no earthly idea that people loving hate him. He just spends week after week talking about his stupid bullshit completely unaware of how universally loathed he is.

Which is what made the Reddit AMA hilarious

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I remember someone asked him what he felt about KSK's long standing tradition of mocking him every week and he said he doesn't read it because it made him sad.

Thats what I mean though. Like this week when he was upset people were mean to him about the Cam Newton thing. He reacts to criticism with this weird sadness like "whaddya mean you don't like me?" as if the notion people don't like him is so completely foreign to him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This is legitimately one of the funniest things I have ever read. Where is it from?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Lemme tell you a little story 'bout a man named Gruden.

And a spider, a banana, the letter Y and his twin.

I forget who it was but someone here once said Gruden loves football more than anyone has ever loved anything and it remains hilariously true.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am pumped for more breaking madden but I wish he still did gifs of the week

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am always amused by NFC vs AFC talk as if there is any meaningful difference between the conferences beyond what teams are in them. It's like not like the NBA where conference teams play each other considerably more or baseball where they have different rules. It's just 16 randomly assigned teams with no real significance beyond playoff spot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Each team plays twelve in-conference games and four cross-conference games per season, that seems considerably more often to me v:shobon:v And additionally you wind up facing the same opponent within other in-conference divisions more frequently given that there's a fair amount of consistency in divisional standings from year to year

Right but six of those twelve games are division games, and the other six are more or less randomly assigned within the conference based on year/ranking.

Compare that to the NBA where you play four games against each team in your division, four games each against most of the conference, three games each against the rest of the conference, and then just two games each against the other conference.

Don't get me wrong though, divisions absolutely matter in the NFL, I just don't think Conferences really do.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seriously though guys what the gently caress is wrong with Peter King

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is there a single decent human being who is a sports journalists or are they all universally underachieving narcissists

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

To be fair it is a heaping load of bullshit that any MLB playoff game doesn't make the cut to be on one of the major networks

Networks only show sports people watch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The only time I read MMGB or Peter King is when KSK or you guys post about it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

my mom is on her 3rd year of thinking he is south Indian

I remember when I was a kid I thought Charles Barkley was Puerto Rican

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

White Michael Vick is a treasure of NFL writing

White Michael Vick is THE treasure of NFL writing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

In case you haven't read any dumb old white guy opinions recently, here's Jerry Green (one of four writers to cover every Super Bowl) talking about how Joe Namath was fun but Marshawn Lynch grabbing his balls is just too much.

Era of innocence for Super Bowl, NFL long gone

Lol he literally calls trick plays immoral.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

He put his FACE on this.

Its the article his face deserves

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

is it too late to laugh at BigBoss

I wanna laugh at BigBoss

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2hr
DeSean Jackson looking for new options #2015offseason

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1hr
DeSean Jackson officially announces new home within my wife's oval office #howcouldyou #whore

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
Bullet looking to relocate into my skull #yourfault

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ribsauce posted:

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 1h 1 hour ago
I might tweet 120 times a day. If you want to bring up something I said a week ago, or in August to play GOTCHA.....Deuces bro.

I spout out rumors so quickly and massively that I find it offensive for you to expect consistency - a journalist

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I dunno I kinda get what he is trying to say. He's saying the traumatic effects of the sport are so brutal a 55 year old ex con arguably has a better quality of life than a 55 year old CTE veggie.

It's just very arbitrary and inelegant in its wording

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I dunno. I think I'd rather suffer massive head trauma than years of violence and male rape.

A life you cannot remember or one you wish you could forget

drat this just got philosophical

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Uugggghhhhh give me some time Ehud

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Not ex con, he's saying Hernandez in jail is better off than if he had played

Wow yeah I missed that part ok that is a terrible article

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Not minimum security, but still a chill place in Michigan. Hernandez is getting life. Presumably he will end up in a Massachusetts prison, and I have no idea what their culture is like.

The idea of Massachusetts having a tougher prison system than Michigan is really really funny to me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

The toughest Massachusetts prison has got to be worse than most Michigan prisons though, right? :shrug:

Anyway, the dude from the thread isn't exactly in San Quentin.

I wasn't trying to be a prick, just because of stereotypes the idea of a really scary Massachusetts prison strikes me as funny

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NFL retiree Hernandez: fuckin...my head hurts and I fly into these rages iunno why. I put my shoes on the wrong feet sometimes
Incarcerated Hernandez: I ain't see a bird in 35 years and this batch of toilet wine got that Clorox stank to it
*both turn to camera with mournful look* *super white voice over dude* WHICH HERNANDEZ HAS IT WORSE?? FOR BRAIN HOLES AARON TEXT CTE TO 62266. FOR CELLBLOCK AARON TEXT DOC TO 62255

Don;t act like drinking hard alcohol made from toilets is something he wouldn't be used to

He went to Florida

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

He absolutely meant military and when he got called on it he tried to back out like a little rat bitch and you are giving him too much credit by even considering he didn't mean military

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My grandfather was a goddamn war hero during WWII

He was awarded the Iron Cross three times

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What amazes me about the uncle at Nintendo thing was how many kids did it. We all have that story about the kid who said his uncle worked for Nintendo. There is something that just clicked in the popular consciousness that made it a spontaneous thing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The part where Brian McDonald starts getting into the fight makes it even funnier

Brian McDonald ‏@sackedbybmac Mar 24
@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery wait, you wrote a book about what? Lol, hope that was a joke

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter Mar 24
@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery I did it has 5 star on amazon and every thing. How many star does you're book have?

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery lol, you carried a sledgehammer. Impeccable credentials.

@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery thanks

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery were those stars stickers from your kindergarten teacher? A participation award perhaps?

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery NFL to Kenya. I'd make a joke about that premise but the joke was already made by the idea

@sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery im not a idiot lib like u. I dont play ur PC participaton trophy game pic.twitter.com/Y4KNidP5Je

Tom Carlin ‏@tomcar39 Mar 24
@PFTCommenter @sackedbybmac @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery ur literally two right for these libs.

@tomcar39 @PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery its "too" and "your"

@PFTCommenter @themightygwinn @FoxNews @Regnery ha, I'm a lib? You don't even know me. Last desperate attempt from a losing argument

Later on

Brian McDonald @sackedbybmac · Mar 24
Getting a feeling this troll is a fake and I've been put on. Either way, this has been fun.

This was fun, but it's getting weird now. One of my many character flaws is not knowing when to walk away. Think it's past time.

Parody account? Well, that information would have been useful before this thing started. Honestly hadn't heard of him. Oh well. Moving on.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am not sure if I would count Bleacher Report as sports journalism though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Burger Trench posted:

And I guess it's understandable that a random Twitter user might actually argue Obama is trying to move the NFL to Kenya, but why would a professional sports writer engage with that type of follower in the first place?

Have you seen professional sports writers?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

I dunno which group is sadder: sports journalists or video game reviewers. I guess video game reviewers are at least experts in their field with first hand experience.

Sports journalists think they have the impact on sports that video game fans think video reviewers should have on gaming.

Febreeze posted:

Professional Sports Writers engaging in pointless twitter battles with dumb followers happens every week. It's kind of hilarious when some sports guy will respond to an idiot and tweet out burns. Sports writers, especially the B/R kind, are incredibly insecure and it's hilarious.

Probably because the qualifications to be a B/R reporter are one step above examiner.com contributor

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 26, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shut the gently caress up about gamergate

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wasn't mushnik the one who said Jay Z making the Nets uniforms black and white was promoting gang culture

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What is really amusing to me is that lying about a tryout is a terrible April Fools joke but the reaction of PFT just made it the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The only people allowed to hate Aprils Fools day are people born on April Fools Day

like me

every birthday I have ever had has been a hell of my loved ones tormenting me with an increasingly elaborate series of tricks

• Locked thread