Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Link just because it might be NSFW but click it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The only thing about Glazer is his constant bro'd out "YO SUPPORT HTE TROOPS SUBWAY PERFECT PUNCH MMA FIGHTING IS THE FUTURE" bullshit and retweeting every single guido who thanks him for his infomercial workout bands.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

load up the dick eating machine, because here is some peter king!

quote:

"I ain't going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn't getting no balls, and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws. But I don't want to talk bad about Tim, but hey, I am happy we got Peyton."

-- Denver wide receiver Demaryius Thomas to WQXI in Atlanta, via sportsradiointerviews.com, talking about the loss of Tim Tebow and the addition of Peyton Manning.

I don't want to talk bad about Tim? Imagine what Thomas would say if he wanted to be really critical of Tebow.

Interesting that the pass to which Thomas refers is so easily wiped away, minimized, forgotten, whatever. There are Hall of Fame receivers who don't have the kind of electric, scintillating, once-in-a-career moment Thomas had when he caught an 80-yard touchdown pass from Tebow on the first play of overtime to beat Super Bowl contender Pittsburgh in the playoffs in January.

Demaryius, the day you retire, ESPN will replay that 80-yard touchdown pass five times. You'll have to have an incredible career for any play you ever make to eclipse that forgettable, meaningless touchdown that made the earth shake on the field in Denver that day.

In other words, a little gratitude toward the departed thrower of that biggest reception of your NFL career might be nice.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/16/countdown/index.html#ixzz1sDJsa400

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He also found a way to spend a page on bill belichick.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ButtView posted:

I will never understand why y'all read King.

Because despite being a horse's rear end he's very well connected an tere is genuinely stuff worth reading in between all his self righteous editorializing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Someone find the paper brick from way back when with Peter King berating the Krafts for hiring Belichick instead of (I think) Tom Donahoe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahahahahhaha yes

quote:

And now I have to throw in my first-round pick? I'm already without my fourth-round pick this year, and I'm sure to lose a couple of valued players like Tedy Bruschi and Shawn Jefferson in free agency. Now I have to throw in the pick that could become Ron Dayne and may solve our dilemma at running back for the next five years? Maybe I wait a couple more days for the Jets to budge. Assuming they don't, I get on with my life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eat all the dicks, Peter King, you hack.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rotoworld had a video with two toe tags talking about the "winners and losers" of the nfl draft.

One guy? Winners: the fans. Losers: the fans that boo'd goodell.

How do you do that with a straight face?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rap posted:

I love copy editing with all my little shriveled awful hosed heart

Do you just laugh maniacally the entire time?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Former panthers beat writer darin Gantt just took a job with PFT. he's typically pretty good, though he does have a couple of :rolleyes: opinions. (tony romo is jake delhomme without playoff wins, etc )

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers PR Dept.
‏@PanthersPR

@jjones9 @adamschein is the same guy who called Cam a scrooge and described his 2012 season as a "black eye" ... grain of salt.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nrr posted:

Can we please turn this thread into a website that calls out lovely journalism and ridicules it? There's quite a few things in here that aren't borderline or just lazy, but that deserve to be showcased somewhere and properly called out. If you're going to abuse your public platform then maybe you should be held accountable for it somewhere that doesn't get buried/ignored/deleted in a mountain of other lovely comments.

I'd love nothing more and a few times I've complimented starting a site that just tracks how lovely florio is but, you know, :effort: and goonproject etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

superaielman posted:

The worst part of the Silver article is that most of it is pretty on point, and he is right that it sucks for Tebow that things outside of his control are probably going to cost him a job in the NFL. The comparison he uses is just so mind boggling dumb that it drags the rest of the article down.

What things out of his control?

Genetics and previous coaching?

• Locked thread