Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Alden, supergenius.

Kalli posted:

I legit want to beat on Florio with a baseball bat:

Maybe he'll quit and become the former players Class Action lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

commy gun posted:

New weekly required reading,

On the plus side, this will lead to a Florio/King feud.

With any luck they'll hire Rick Reilly away from ESPN and kill two birds with one stone

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Too bad SI hasn't figured out that they could get rid of him, hire someone for much less than they're paying him, and get roughly the same number of clicks because the only reason people are reading it is because they're bored as hell at work.

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Question not included: "What are the chances of a guy like you and a sportswriter like me getting together?"

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

With the kind of resources and access to the NFL Peter King has, you would think he could write an interesting football article. Of course, his target audience can probably relate to some of the many "problems" and "interesting things" in his life.

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Peter King fills a niche for people who can't follow football as much as they would like or aren't as crazy as we are here. One of my buddies teaches overseas and is broke/frugal enough that his exposure to the NFL is basically streaming a Chiefs game most weeks and reading MMQB. I've talked to him several times about how terrible King is but it's still a way for him to kill some time and sort of keep up with things. He realizes he's an idiot but still enjoys it, I don't know.

On the bright side I got him reading Tanier's weekly previews last year at least.

Watching Chiefs and reading Peter King all last year would make me reconsider following the NFL. I actually read his article at work for awhile because of lack of better things to do. He had some OK stuff, but he could cut a lot out by keeping it more focused on whatever story he was trying to tell and specific league related things. Then he said something about that crazy WVU/Clemson Orange Bowl game being a meaningless bowl game and I quit reading anything he wrote.

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Skip has the greatest job ever. I wish I got paid a lot of money just to piss people off.

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

He won't be the only sportswriter bitching about it, which is dumb and annoying because they're being paid to be at the loving Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

The only problem with Washington changing their name is the inevitable change to the "Washington Tigers" and Dan Snyder suing a bunch of college teams, the Detroit Tigers, and Tiger Woods for trademark infringement.

• Locked thread